What's the best car for Like the Wind?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 290 comments
Flynch, the Ferrari FXX '07 is 2,000,000Cr.

The Chevy-Chapparal 2X sounds good and from what you said it's also half the price. Gonna look into it. I know others recommended it also.

Be weary, you need to adjust the power limiter to start with. it will also work wonders for the dream car championship

add 200kg of weight and place it center. you should be good to go

Just checked it out Flynch. It's a nice futuristic car. I recall seeing it 1-2 days ago while checking out the Vision GT area and taking in the movie.
Question: Those cars in the Vision GT section don't have a PP grade and most of the races have a PP grade/limit for entering races. How can one then enter PP graded races for example "Like the Wind" with cars that don't have PP grade/s or those within the Vision GT section?

Thanks Daan and Flynch. Was wondering about the PP grade since as I said they aren't listed in the Vision GT section cars showcase.

Re the power adjustment/limiter I know about that customised transmission adjustment thingy.

Might very well consider investing in that Chapparal 2X sometime soon. It not too expensive either considering at 1,000,00 Cr. Thanks for your both inputs. Appreciated.

The Chaparral 2X is a very good car to use in Special Stage Route 7 and Indianapolis races, with it's insane cornering ability, however as the power has to be reduced, where top speed and acceleration will be affected, you may find the Special Stage Route X race to be a tad difficult with it, but it should still be possible to win.

Thanks all for the recommendation and considerations on the Chapparal 2X. I'll definitely purchase it now, most likely by tomorrow and give it a shot. Such an awesome looking futuristic car...sorry, machine I should say.
And special thanks to Janteag for the pointers on the advantages and disadvantages regarding each race. The recommendation and advices have been most helpful in the decision consideration. This site rocks. Cheers.

Fastest car for me is SRT Tomahawk S version with race hard tires. It reaches 470kph easily with "air boost" and is very well at cornering. You will win all the races with a lot of advantage.

Any car that can reach 245-250 mph should be able to win it. If you're looking for the cheapest route, I'd say use a heavily upgraded 1st gen Viper or any Nissan GT-R.

I've always used c7 better for like the wind grinding. Full upgrades with stock Trans . Have over 11,500 miles with no maintenance. It's down 130hp but still cruises over 280 mph. For a challenge recently I won route x in a 96 240sx

Just an update. Well I bought the futuristic looking Chaparral 2X from the Vision GT section yesterday (All cars there cost 1,000,000 Cr. which is cheap in comparison to other high powered cars). Man that car is so friggin sweet it's mind-boggling. Decided to try it out on the "Like the Wind" races. Of course as it comes with a higher PP I had to lower the power limiter for those races and I was good to go.

First race I tried it on was the SS Route X track. The machine whizzed down the track like nobody business. Took to the right hand side and whizzed past by. The car sounds like a supersonic jet as it whistles (actually whistles) down the track and emits bursts of lasers from the jet which looks so cool. The car itself handles very smooth and nicely. Won handsomely.

Second race I tried was the Indianapolis. First try since the car was so new and nice I didn't want to bounce it or have other cars bounce it so I was a bit tentative and didn't hit first place. But on the second go I threw all caution out the window and went all out. Once again WIN. The replays are a joy to watch.

Left the SS Route 7 for last since it isn't as straight forward as the other round tracks. The car was going so fast I lost focus and bumped into some intersections. Next try again went all out and although there was some bit of dirty driving as was a bit hard to hold concentration I managed to win first place.

I love that car. It's my new toy and most cherished car in my garage right now. It's so sweet. Looking forward to driving it at some point later in a race that has a higher PP level so I could up the HP slider and have a go.

Just an update. Well I bought the futuristic looking Chaparral 2X from the Vision GT section yesterday (All cars there cost 1,000,000 Cr. which is cheap in comparison to other high powered cars). Man that car is so friggin sweet it's mind-boggling. Decided to try it out on the "Like the Wind" races. Of course as it comes with a higher PP I had to lower the power limiter for those races and I was good to go.

First race I tried it on was the SS Route X track. The machine whizzed down the track like nobody business. Took to the right hand side and whizzed past by. The car sounds like a supersonic jet as it whistles (actually whistles) down the track and emits bursts of lasers from the jet which looks so cool. The car itself handles very smooth and nicely. Won handsomely.

Second race I tried was the Indianapolis. First try since the car was so new and nice I didn't want to bounce it or have other cars bounce it so I was a bit tentative and didn't hit first place. But on the second go I threw all caution out the window and went all out. Once again WIN. The replays are a joy to watch.

Left the SS Route 7 for last since it isn't as straight forward as the other round tracks. The car was going so fast I lost focus and bumped into some intersections. Next try again went all out and although there was some bit of dirty driving as was a bit hard to hold concentration I managed to win first place.

I love that car. It's my new toy and most cherished car in my garage right now. It's so sweet. Looking forward to driving it at some point later in a race that has a higher PP level so I could up the HP slider and have a go.

I find the Chappie X very difficult to drive. It's so overpowered on normal tracks. Maybe I need to tone it down with ballast and power limiter a little...

My favourite cars for the Like The Wind race are:

Ferrari Enzo
Pagani Huayra
SRT Viper GTS
Saleen S7

The Saleen is pretty cheap really, and a damn nice car to drive on real tracks too.

Last edited:
I used the pagani huayra tuned by @shmogt for top speed (it's on his website) for the ssr7 and ssrx races and blew them away, and the mazda lm55 vgt for the indy track, and i finished that in under 4 minutes.

I used the pagani huayra tuned by @shmogt for top speed (it's on his website) for the ssr7 and ssrx races and blew them away, and the mazda lm55 vgt for the indy track, and i finished that in under 4 minutes.

The Huayra is a beast on this track when fully tuned and set for top speeds. Think I topped out around 475kph...

Never tried the Supra. I did try the Tesla Model S, and I can guarantee it's NOT good around this track - tops out around 260kph.

Supra, is easily the cheapest to do it
TZ3 Stradale, might be the fastest. It sits around 300mph without nos. (I use this on b-spec)

But I was wondering if there was any other faster cars than this? That I could use on b-spec anyway.

Supra, is easily the cheapest to do it
TZ3 Stradale, might be the fastest. It sits around 300mph without nos. (I use this on b-spec)

But I was wondering if there was any other faster cars than this? That I could use on b-spec anyway.
Gtr Nismo. With full mods, it can hit around 320ish no nos. You have to tune it right, but it can be an absolute beast without tuning. If you don't know how to tune, since the car has such high hp, you can just lengthen the gears a little bit. That should do fine. Or perhaps the light car company rocket. That car is so light, tuned right it can hit 300

320mph? Damn, the GTR Concept Tokyo Show has 7 gears, wonder if that would work, I'll try the nismo though.

Cars I've run (and won) in this race:

Aston Martin One-77
Audi RS6 Avant '08
Bugatti Veyron
Cadillac Cien
Callaway C7
Ferrari Enzo
Jaguar XJ220
Mercedes Vision GT
Pagani Huayra
Saleen S7
SRT Viper GTS

That I can think of at the moment...

I may be biased a bit, but the McLaren F1 Stealth Edition. For 1.5 million credits, and a little bit of tuning, it can beat those high powered race cars.

Back