Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 582 comments
Golded this all for the third time recently now that I have three accounts. Much easier than the first time before the first physics update. Can't tell if it was the updates or maybe my skills are improving; probably the former.

Had to do two sectors more than ones, all the others including the whole lap took one try.

It seems not to be that hard anymore. I am not a skilled driver, on my third drink now and got quite easy through the first 7 sectors. I guess the real big challenge ist the whole lap. The M6 goes quite good on TKS2.

Attachments

• 8BE93B6B-F124-4450-A5F5-B516B146D972.jpeg
    8BE93B6B-F124-4450-A5F5-B516B146D972.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 53
It seems not to be that hard anymore. I am not a skilled driver, on my third drink now and got quite easy through the first 7 sectors. I guess the real big challenge ist the whole lap. The M6 goes quite good on TKS2.
Haha this made me laugh! Ironic... i completed the full lap CE after a fair few attempts last night... and afterfair few sips of my brandy lol!

CF18BDBF-1533-467F-B43B-71BB48FAFF09.jpeg

I re-did all the license tests, circuit experiences and missions (except the endurance ones) to acclimatize myself around the new physics.

Managed to get gold in all of them except for the following:

• All 3 rally CEs (Colorado, Fisherman, Sardegna Windmill)
  • Tokyo Central Anticlockwise CE
  • Magic Mountain - Jeep Night Safari
  • Rolling Stone - Sport Licht Rennwagen
  • Moby Dick - Cone Knockdown 2

There is so much understeer in rally now, and you can't really use weight transfer to cause oversteer like before. I tried various torque split settings and it's all the same. I don't know how the demo driver managed to just flick the car into the turns so easily.

Tokyo Central is a pain due to the walls, and the fact that you're on ice cold tyres at the start and it takes 2 corners for it to warm up. Meanwhile, the demo driver has done several laps in advance (check the odometer) so their tyres are in peak temp already. So unfair.

The Jeep and SLR missions I'm having trouble catching the lead car before the finish. Looking at the leaderboards people have done it, but I just don't see how. In any case, the difficulty spike with these 2 are off the charts.

The cone knockdown is hard even with controller and steering sensitivity set to max. Once again the extra understeer in the physics doesn't allow you to rotate the Mazda as tightly as before.

I got all the gold prizes already so it doesn't really matter to me, but I'd be VERY annoyed at PD for moving the goalposts every few months if you're one of those people who haven't. If they could just ship the game with decent physics from the start we wouldn't have this problem.

Last edited:
I have just all golded Nordschleife Circuit Experience in VR. It was tricky. And sometimes frustrating. I made a fixed open mouthed expression in my headset when I was 6 hundreths slow of gold over a whole lap. The reward is worth it though, in credits and satisfaction of the focus achieved. Certainly an Experience.
A shame it didnt rain.

I re-did all the license tests, circuit experiences and missions (except the endurance ones) to acclimatize myself around the new physics.

The cone knockdown is hard even with controller and steering sensitivity set to max. Once again the extra understeer in the physics doesn't allow you to rotate the Mazda as tightly as before.

I did it. 3rd attempt. You can do it as well ... ;)

Cone.jpg

Sry for being a bit off topic here. :)

Last edited:

There is so much understeer in rally now, and you can't really use weight transfer to cause oversteer like before. I tried various torque split settings and it's all the same. I don't know how the demo driver managed to just flick the car into the turns so easily.

Tokyo Central is a pain due to the walls, and the fact that you're on ice cold tyres at the start and it takes 2 corners for it to warm up. Meanwhile, the demo driver has done several laps in advance (check the odometer) so their tyres are in peak temp already. So unfair.

The Jeep and SLR missions I'm having trouble catching the lead car before the finish. Looking at the leaderboards people have done it, but I just don't see how. In any case, the difficulty spike with these 2 are off the charts.

I got all the gold prizes already so it doesn't really matter to me, but I'd be VERY annoyed at PD for moving the goalposts every few months if you're one of those people who haven't. If they could just ship the game with decent physics from the start we wouldn't have this problem.
Managed to gold everything except the Tokyo Central CE now. Some tips below.

Rally CEs
  • Torque split 50:50, ABS Default, BB 0, other aids off
  • I tried using handbrake as suggested but I just got more distracted in the end. Not easy holding a button on a constantly moving steering wheel.
  • The KEY point in the end for me is to set up the car's slide well in advance of the corner (especially if there's a jump before corner entry) AND use a higher gear than suggested in the HUD (e.g. if the HUD flashes 3rd gear, use 4th). For some reason using a higher gear makes the car a lot less understeery under power, and you don't lose too much acceleration since these Gr.B cars have such a fat torque curve.
  • Keep your line tight, hug the inside wall as much as possible.
  • Take it easy over jumps. Your car doesn't accelerate in the air so it's actually better to brake slightly before a jump so you land faster (Trackmania players will know what I'm talking about).
  • The Fisherman CE is the easiest for me once you learn the track, followed by Sardegna and then Colorado hardest. The Focus is like a truck to drive and the jumps on this track are a huge pain.

Other CEs
  • I found using ABS Weak is actually better with current physics. The understeer under braking is the same between Weak and Default, but your braking distance is slightly shorter with Weak. Get all your braking done in a straight line and coast when turning. The new tyre physics is too dumb to allow trail braking :rolleyes:
  • Brake balance is now adjustable so use it. Mostly I just leave at zero. Some MR cars need -1 to front (e.g. Audi R8, Huracan, Ferrari 458). Some 4WD Gr.4 cars I put +5 rear just because the understeer is so extreme (Lan Evo, Atenza).
  • Other aids at zero.
  • Learn to use manual. Some cars need to be short shifted otherwise you lose a LOT of time (e.g. Corvette 3/4 rev bar, GR Supra 3/4, Radical 1/4).
  • TYRE TEMPS is a huge thing in the first few corners. You'll find that you understeer/oversteer more than the demo run so be slightly more careful. You can make up the lost time elsewhere.
  • Apart from the rally and Tokyo CE, the 2 I found most difficult are Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta. I just don't gel with the track and car. You might find other CEs more challenging.

Missions
  • The Jeep mission just needs super smooth steering and use the whole width of the track. You don't need to touch the brakes at all. Just lift off the gas for the downhill 90 degree corner. You should overtake the 2nd car just after the apex. Just get inside the last car in the final turn and you're gold.
  • The SLR mission needs good timing of overtakes. I use TC1 for this and shift at 3/4 rev bar. Stay away from 2nd gear. Unfortunately you have to be quite aggressive with the overtakes and also avoid touching the AI. Slipstream the last car as much as possible and hopefully you'll get him just before the finish.
  • Cone knockdown 2 I had to switch to a controller for more quicker steering. Don't accelerate too much, keep your turning circle tight and remember you only need to nudge the cones, not topple them over completely.

I also went back to GT Sport today to try out the new monthly TTs, and usually it takes me a few laps to readjust to GTS physics because of the extra understeer. Today I didn't need to adjust and in fact I found GT7 to be MORE understeery. 6 years, 1 new game and multiple physics updates later and we are no better than where we started. What can I say PD...

Last edited:
Oh boy, just finished my last open CEs (apart from the 3 rally ones) on the new patch. (Started gt7 around Christmas and I am noob as this is my first gt - also playing controller)

Most difficult by far was Tokyo Central Counterclockwise. Beat it by 0.005s after about 4-6h on the track and beating clockwise just before relatively easily.

Nordschleife was the last CE and although longer in general was a walk in the park in the end compared to Tokyo Central Counterclockwise. Think I had 5 finished ful laps until I beat gold.

Last edited:
It was the last CE gold for me apart from the rally ones so I had practice from Golding all the other tracks and Golding the sectors before the full lap. But seeing people are close to 20s faster than me on Nordschleife I still think there is a lot of room. Also I did it with TCS3 and automatic shifting :P

The noob was more regarding GT franchise in general as this is my first one and I only knew some tracks from other games but far less detailed than I know them now after studying them for gold times. Had a lot of fun :)

Last edited:
It was never that hard.
Only really hard test in GT7 so far, for me, was the final license test
Kids these days don't know how hard the final GT4 mission was. :D

Last edited:
Ok the thread title is a bit controversial but I´ll explain why I say this.:cheers:

I am an experienced Gran Turismo driver with about 20 years in the series. I was successful in many competitions during this time and made it twice to the GT Academy Final in Silverstone. I´m able to do Top 100 lap times in GT Sport and I did thousands of laps around the Nordschleife.
This is my most favourite track and I would consider my times very good there. I´m always within a range of 4-8 seconds to the world records depending on car and class.
So I went for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience and expected a one try gold. This wasn't the case and it took me several attempts to beat the gold time of 6:37.800 only by a tenth. The same challenge in GT Sport has a gold time of 6.57.900 so over 20 seconds more, while the car physics in GT7 seem to be about 5 seconds slower per lap.
So I did more laps and tried the best I could do and got a 6:34.090. Of course this lap wasn't perfect and there will be aliens doing sub 6:30 but I guess no average player will ever get close to the gold time.
From the result of past events and daily races on the Nordschleife I guess there are only a few thousand players around the world who could beat this gold time. If we assume GT7 will sell several million copies this are less than 0,1% of all players.

I've beaten it using the PS Controller not a wheel and pedals but it took many attempts and only did it by just over 1/10 second. I won't be trying to beat it again :-)

I won’t get Gold because I’m too lazy and don’t have the skill for it.🙂

Kudos to all that get Gold. It’s a heck of an accomplishment.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know if I have the guts to beat yet either, I have golded 9 sectors out of 11 though so I'm getting closer. It does take a tremendous amount of skill and agility to do it.

Can anyone tell me why exactly that you have to pretty much be inch perfect on the sectors, but on the full lap they let you slide quite a bit? Is it just because the sector times are supposed to "teach" you how to drive the perfect racing line?

I think the collection of the sector times is 27 seconds faster than the overall gold time. That's insane. I can usually gold sectors within 25 tries (I'm a normal player, no alien here), but a few of these sectors required 100+ tries + using the ebrake to gold. Seems unreasonably hard, no?

Of course, the demonstration ghost was obtained by a professional with a wheel and I'm using a controller (buttons, not triggers), so it's harder for me anyway, but GT7 is so counter-weighted (too easy in some ways, way too hard in others) these days that parts become more like work than anything else.

I think the collection of the sector times is 27 seconds faster than the overall gold time.
Not sure the sum of the length of each sector is equivalent to the lengh of the complete track, it may explain in part why there is a difference.

Also it is much more possible to be really 100% focus on "short" sectors while maintaining that level of focus and perfection over such a long lap is very hard. Hence the lap time is more "relaxed".

Last edited:
What a maddening but fun challenge! It only took me two tries to complete a full lap that was gold, but the individual sector challenges proved to be much more difficult and took me dozens of tries for some of them.

Not sure the sum of the length of each sector is equivalent to the length of the complete track, it may explain in part why there is a difference.
The sectors do not add up to a complete lap.

Sector 10 circuit experience ends timing at the gantry near the beginning of the Döttinger Höhe straight. Sector 11 starts timing at least halfway down the Döttinger Höhe straight.

Sector 5 circuit experience ends timing a little after Bergwerk. Sector 6 starts timing just before Mutkurve. Most of Kesselchen (the high speed uphill that's full throttle in most cars) is skipped by the circuit experience sectors.

So yeah, not even close to the sum of the sectors being the same as the full lap.

The sectors do not add up to a complete lap.

Sector 10 circuit experience ends timing at the gantry near the beginning of the Döttinger Höhe straight. Sector 11 starts timing at least halfway down the Döttinger Höhe straight.

Sector 5 circuit experience ends timing a little after Bergwerk. Sector 6 starts timing just before Mutkurve. Most of Kesselchen (the high speed uphill that's full throttle in most cars) is skipped by the circuit experience sectors.

So yeah, not even close to the sum of the sectors being the same as the full lap.
That makes sense, but the point remains; it's vastly easier to get a gold lap than to gold the sectors because you generally have to be a lot less perfect. Even the aliens couldn't gold an entire Nur lap with the exact same sector times as they achieved individually.

Last edited:
That makes sense, but the point remains; it's vastly easier to get a gold lap than to gold the sectors because you generally have to be a lot less perfect. Even the aliens couldn't gold an entire Nur lap with the exact same sector times as they achieved individually.
I suspect they could. But not so the lesser gods.

Back