Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
does anyone know where to find all the secret hidden cars codes for Gran Turismo 3 NTSC? I am making a V3 update for my save game packs with all NTSC cars and colours and wanted to include the secret cars if possible.

I can't find any of them,

I think there is a Porsche

the Diablo Lambo

The m spec skyline

the 2 stratos'

the test McLaren f1 car

and anymore a might've missed.

does anyone know where to find all the secret hidden cars codes for Gran Turismo 3 NTSC? I am making a V3 update for my save game packs with all NTSC cars and colours and wanted to include the secret cars if possible.

I can't find any of them,

I think there is a Porsche

the Diablo Lambo

The m spec skyline

the 2 stratos'

the test McLaren f1 car

and anymore a might've missed.
There's the SAMPLE_CAR001 - 010 I believe, the hidden Miata's too.

If you're on the forbidden platform that starts with E, you can use mk's garage editor to hack the cars in place of existing ones. that's what I did. However if you're on the real PS2 then i don't know ^^'

If you're on the forbidden platform that starts with E, you can use mk's garage editor to hack the cars in place of existing ones. that's what I did. However if you're on the real PS2 then i don't know ^^'

On an actual PS2 you use the same tool, but a method to transfer the data between PC and PS2 memory card is required (this is how people in old days do it).

Thank you all for that help,

Really sorry to have asked that here, I know this is where all the brainboxes are tho lol, ye sorry as well, I found that out very late last night about using mk's editor, will fire it up see what can be figured out :)

I will probably be using the from and to method for the saves as I have a way of transferring; my trusty cechzm1 :P

Also thank you @JakeMR2 I knew there was more, I would really like to include them in the NTSC save game packs since they can be accessed and bought as far as I know.

thank you all again. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am really torn on adding the sample cars, like the really buggy ones, I know they are accessible to our US friends but should they really have a place in what I would like to consider a pretty professional and legit save pack?

Anyway am off topic I know, before I get told off, just thought I would make that known to those who helped and might read. :)

Last edited:
Heh no problem, dude don't be sorry x)

If you have a save transfer device that's very good! So yeah Mk's can work with USA and PAL versions (i don't know about JP) and is your best bet.
Hmm indeed sample cars don't particularly add anything and they definitely look incomplete, so tey might not be really required in your case. Unless you want the Cerbera body lol.
In any case, any other hidden cars you can definitely get for sure. Plus, lucky you, they all have bodies on USA :P

[/QUOTE]
Heh no problem, dude don't be sorry x)

If you have a save transfer device that's very good! So yeah Mk's can work with USA and PAL versions (i don't know about JP) and is your best bet.
Hmm indeed sample cars don't particularly add anything and they definitely look incomplete, so tey might not be really required in your case. Unless you want the Cerbera body lol.
In any case, any other hidden cars you can definitely get for sure. Plus, lucky you, they all have bodies on USA :P

I am actually PAL lol but I made on of the best little investments of my life a Free Mcboot memory card and so can play cross regional games :D that's partly why I'm adding an NTSC section of my save game packs I also want to do a US playthrough, all them beautiful cars :D

I am now wondering one more little thing I'm sure one of you fine people will know and again, sorry to kind of fall of topic although this could be considered a finding. Which engine should I use for the Lancia stratos rally car as in MK'S it says it has no HP or torque? should I use the road version of the Stratos? was it the same V6 Ferrari engine in the road car?

Thank you again

Oh also is the Corvette C5R a good transmission choice for the Diablo, I have tried the car and it works fine but I think it seems to labour just a little bit through 5th gear?

Thank you very much for the help

All of the hidden cars such as the Diablo, Stratos (even the Rally car I believe?), the 996 GT3 and stuff have their own stock parts. But if the Stratos Rally Car doesn't have a default engine, I would put the road version's engine in. that would be the most appropriate I feel.

All of the hidden cars such as the Diablo, Stratos (even the Rally car I believe?), the 996 GT3 and stuff have their own stock parts. But if the Stratos Rally Car doesn't have a default engine, I would put the road version's engine in. that would be the most appropriate I feel.

Thank you very much for that, that's what I done, the WRC version had an engine but with not stats so aired on the side of caution and put the road versions in.

Now I was going to ask this question here.

Does anyone from this thread know all the internal names of all the hidden cars in MK'S editor? I have the Diablo, Porsche, MX-5 Roll Cage, Spoiler and different numberplate, startos' and skyline mspec.

I have pretty much decided I won't be adding the unfinished cars but I still need the names of cars/parts of other stuff like the 6 speed 787B the unique Yellow S2000 and so it goes on?

I have made another thread, am hoping to put everything I learn there and also going to upload the exported cars to that thread to download so people don't have to make them. :)

I am also wondering is there a way to make cars buyable in mk's editor?

I was having a little look for somewhere where I can edit stats for cars and parts but couldn't find anything, strange thing is, in the editor these things say they have a value but then don't in game.

Last edited:
Right, I know av double posted but am just posting one last message hear on the hidden cars topic, I have uploaded the hidden cars I have made upto now you can find them on the new thread I created, there is actually two roll cage versions of the mx5 both have different numberplates and different colours, so check it out also codes to make the hidden cars buyable would be immense help as I can't release no V3 save pack with the secret cars included in all colours until they're all buyable/sellable.

Also has anyone seen Xenn recently?

Xenn's been active on the Discord lately, we've actually been finding some cool stuff over there :)

Ah thanks for that, am I asking a stupid question if I ask for a link? Or is it in a place I should have looked? I admit I haven't looked :?

Since Xenn could port Autumn Ring and W12 Nardo from GT Concept, one guy from Japan made a video from GT3 showing Suzuka and Tsukuba. They work just fine, even in GT3.

I remember trying this a while back, wouldn't work for me.

Can anyone help me how to create my custom car grid in gran turismo 3? I know how to use cheat engine but cannot find the specific address. I have PAL and NTSC-U Version. Thanks!

Last edited:
Can anyone help me how to create my custom car grid in gran turismo 3? I know how to use cheat engine but cannot find the specific address. I have PAL and NTSC-U Version. Thanks!

Someone here managed to do it but can't remember his name.

I might know but it's been a few years since I worked with the cheat engine.

After 17 years, maybe I have found a very interesting thing: there are other some hidden cars apart those that we already know (Diablo, Stratoses, Porsche 911, etc...). These cars are some Shelbys. Precisely are the GT350, GT500, Cobra Coupe and Series 1. Who was more careful, will say that cars are from GT2 and have right, but everyone know that in GT3 there is only the Cobra. I have discovered this by chance reading the licensor credits. For watch this, you must go in the ninth page and read on the first orange square. Then in your opinion, are hidden in some way?

Now an image for proof

After 17 years, maybe I have found a very interesting thing: there are other some hidden cars apart those that we already know (Diablo, Stratoses, Porsche 911, etc...). These cars are some Shelbys. Precisely are the GT350, GT500, Cobra Coupe and Series 1. Who was more careful, will say that cars are from GT2 and have right, but everyone know that in GT3 there is only the Cobra. I have discovered this by chance reading the licensor credits. For watch this, you must go in the ninth page and read on the first orange square. Then in your opinion, are hidden in some way?

Now an image for proof
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-be-56k-friendly.240941/page-20#post-8675094

There's two Odo Meters, total mileage and current mileage throughout the race.

Excuse me, maybe you are understand bad, I mean that are separate odometers, not the current mileage and the total mileage. One odometer (with both current and total mileage) is for the qualify (that the total mileage is zero every time that you start a new qualify) and the other is the standard odometer (that have the real mileage of the car)

That's stated a bit better, but I don't think it's supposed to do that. I did start a qualifying session in my current playthrough and it never happens.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, maybe this is completely useless to post here and everyone already knows this, but:
b61IwZE.png

Mercury, MG, Plymouth, Rover, Vector and Venturi apparently were going to be seen in the game. (I did know that Vector was supposed to appear, but didn't expect the others.) There is also some other interesting text in this memory region.

Now an image for proof
Hey! I just noticed a short time ago, that when in Cheat Engine I search string memory "Shelby", theres 2 different "shelby_car" addresses. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure that each "manufacturer_car" means different car models that exist in the game. So I suppose they had another Shelby in the game, but cut it out.

Hey, does anyone know the car code for the Calsonic Skyline JGTC? The codes like cv0024, bm0006 etc. A full list of the codes and the cars they represent would be more welcome.
I'm good, don't need anything anymore. Figured myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, maybe this is completely useless to post here and everyone already knows this, but:
b61IwZE.png

Mercury, MG, Plymouth, Rover, Vector and Venturi apparently were going to be seen in the game. (I did know that Vector was supposed to appear, but didn't expect the others.) There is also some other interesting text in this memory region.

Nice! What happen in the game if you swap of these with an used one ?

Latest Posts

Back