Your First Car???

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 448 comments
My very 1st car on GT3 was a PT Cruiser.It was quite nippy,but unfortunately somebody at the factory forgot to add a steering wheel to mine :mad:
I restarted the whole thing and chose a Toyota Yaris\Vitz instead. :eek:

PT Cruiser-I went with the turbo instead of N/A, and later on, it was the best choice. I have about 180 miles on it. After I had money, I bought a '89 Miata, the best started car IMO, and bought a civic 3 door, and sold it.

A 1972 Toyota Corolla Deluxe....oh you mean in the game...

The Toyota Trueno...I guess I hold a special place in my heart for Toyota's being my "first time" cars..

I never had to buy my first car. I won it doing Time Trials in arcade mode. Great way to start with the Esperante. :D :P

But the first car I ever bought in GT3 would be the Lancer Evolution VII GSR. It is the ninth car in my garage from the beginning.

Same as ^^^
i had the Panoz GTR-1 for my first car, thanks to that time trial thing in arcade mode :) :) :)

I bought a Miata. You can get good enough upgrades for it to take you pretty far. It can enter more races I think than the other cars like the Spyder Cup and such. :)

what is the best car to start out with, bcos my friend deleted my game from my memory card and i gotta start all over, i started with the cheapest mazda miata last time, Any Suggestions?

Everyone has their favorites; you'll get as many answers as there are cars. Anyway, I like the Miata/Eunos Roadster, personally, as a first car. The Trueno's good, too (and a lot of people prefer that one).

Also, if you want to give it a try, see how well you do on the B license before buying a car. If you manage to get all golds, it'll give you a Miata LS, which is the higher powered version.

How far did you get before your friend deleted the game?

I used the Miata as well, though I wish I'd started with the Trueno, because as soon as I got it I forgot about the Miata and continued with the Trueno. Its cheaper to start off with, so you can do some upgrades so that its easier to drive, and easier to win with. :D

Alan

Yup - either the Miata or the Trueno... I myself started with the Trueno, but found it more limited in some of the races further along in the Beginner Series. But, it boils down to preference.

A couple of people even swear by the Vitz (Yaris?). The big benefit to using the Vitz I s'pose is, you get to run in the Manufacturer series which I believe gives you quite a bit higher payout than the other races in Beginner.

I can't recommend either the Beetle or the PT Cruiser - both of them are low powered FF cars that seem terribly heavy and nothing I could do would get 'em around a corner. But... I'm also not that hot at the game. :lol:

Originally posted by made in holland
I started with the PT Cruiser.
The car has easy handling, so it wasn't hard to begin with.

Hmm... true - easy handling in it's base form.... but as soon as you start adding in the power, it takes more tuning intelligence than I possess to make it handle well...

<shrug>

I think that the YARIS Sport is a great car because it is cheap and quite nippy around the tracks, and if you outfit it with slightly advanced gearing and tires then it is great car, try that, ok.

GOOD LUCK M8.

How about the Beetle?? I started with the Miata as well though. Since you mention Manufacture's race series, I know there is a Beetle Cup on Beginner...

It handle decently, but I don't know how it compares to racing in other series on Beginner... :confused:

I say the Daihatsu Mira... easy to upgrade and it'll win you $2500/race right at the start of the game while the Trueno and Miata take time to get to that point. It'll take the FF Challenge and Clubman Cup with a few extra mods beyond the original Turbo 1, Lightweight 1, and Racing Flywheel...

The Miata is the most versatile car you can begin with, but you win one in the Clubman Cup and you win a Trueno in the Sunday Cup, so why bother buying one of those at the start when you'll just duplicate it immediately?

Yaris (Vitz ?)

Only because you can enter

Sunday Cup
Clubman Cup
FF Challange
Race of NA sports
Race of Turbo sports (add the turbo after the NA sports race)
Yaris Race series

with just the one car

The win / gold prize cars will allow you to enter, i think, at least two more race series

80's cup and Spider and Roadster.

Once you've done them sell the prize cars you don't need buy the ones you do to do the rest of the races. Also the Yaris is a good little car to learn the basics with so that you'll have the know how to do the first set of tests easily.

The first time through the game before my memory card crapped out :mad: was th 2.0 beetle :sleep:
sucked out loud!
Next time through I got the miata MX-5, if I mess up my card again I'll get the Apex instead.

Back