Your most anticipated games of 2023?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 88 comments
Hogwarts Legacy was my most anticipated! Still riding that high.

Dead Island 2, Jedi Fallen Order 2 and RE-4-Remake look fantastic though

In random order:

Starfield
I.G.I. Origins
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
RoboCop: Rogue City
Cybperunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

And probably some stuff I forgot.

As far racing games go I have started to wait until they've been out for awhile so I can catch them on sale. Or most of the DLC for the game has dropped

kjb
As far racing games go I have started to wait until they've been out for awhile so I can catch them on sale. Or most of the DLC for the game has dropped
Yeah, for some of them (hello, DiRT Rally 2.0) you might as well just wait a year for all the endless DLC to release and buy the Game of the Year edition on sale for a third of what you’d have spent to buy 40% of the game on release. It’s absolutely stupid. I’d love to go back to the days when you went to the shop and actually bought a fully featured, finished game on release.

Last edited:
I have this with racing games. Zero excitement whatsoever.
Because we have seen it all it seems. The genre doesn't seem to innovate, nor does it hold onto what was so good about its predecessor.

Lost count of how many sequels have made bizarre, negative changes vs its older brother. Project Cars, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport.

I was playing F1 2022 for the first time last night, and I was shocked. The F1 Life stuff is a joke. Removed all the classic race cars. Driving the miniscule list of Supercars felt awful.

Last edited:
Because we have seen it all it seems. The genre doesn't seem to innovate, nor does it hold onto what was so good about its predecessor.

Lost count of how many sequels have made bizarre, negative changes vs its older brother. Project Cars, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport.

I was playing F1 2022 for the first time last night, and I was shocked. The F1 Life stuff is a joke. Removed all the classic race cars. Driving the miniscule list of Supercars felt awful.
F1 21 and 22 are an actual regression from 2019 and 2020, there’s no doubt. It’s pretty disappointing.

Suddenly The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition has become highly anticipated to me. Also, The Crew Motorfest.
As for Atomic Heart, it's a fine game, but the rather flat voice acting/writing has prevented me to fully enjoy it (Even the original Russian dialogue sounds uninspiring.)

Will likely get WWE 2K23 (in a sale) as this year they have Kurt Angle on the roster. Still have no clue who 2/3 of the wrestlers are - I only get the games for the legends. There was only about a 5 or 6 year period in the early 2000s when I was watching all the time - previously it was WCW as that was the one on free tv in the UK. Stopped following it after Eddie and Chris died.

F1 21 and 22 are an actual regression from 2019 and 2020, there’s no doubt. It’s pretty disappointing.
Thats a shame. They could have so much potential, but its impossible with an annual game. They don't need to try, people will still buy it. Rather than there being these ultimate Football or Formula 1 games, we get annual cash cows.

This is why Assetto Corsa and its mod scene will always win

The only game I can look forward to is Advanced Wars Reboot on Switch. I honestly can't think of another game that I'm looking forward to.

Having never played the original (don't know how I skipped it, I even had a Gamecube), this is right up there on my wishlist:

Demo out - weekend plans sorted

Attachments

• 5F5E6B06-35F1-474D-8B1A-71C2B54FCA48.jpeg
    5F5E6B06-35F1-474D-8B1A-71C2B54FCA48.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 8
Demo out - weekend plans sorted
For those interested, theres a machine gun, to get it, discard everything (yes the herbs and the ammo too) before entering the village door, head next to the church, to the left, theres a pit, it will be open now, go down, profit. It will be in your inventory on the next start up game.

There's also a random nightmare mode, with 2 chainsaws man in it. You get it randomly while starting a game. You can get 20k + points with the mode.

Having never played the original (don't know how I skipped it, I even had a Gamecube), this is right up there on my wishlist:

I really suggest anyone interest in RE 4 to try the HD mod version, it's amazing and you can't tell it's a mod and not a remake made by capcom. It's the best mod I've played, period. And the game is really solid. I recon with RE4 coming friday, it might be after the Remake but if you fancy trying it you definitely should as the original is already an amazing game with tons of content.

Last edited:
Oddball: Crime Boss: Rockay City.

Seems like a title with a lot of hype and expectations based on the cast, but somehow I don't have any expectations around this being any good, so it can only surprise in a positive way? :lol: Hoping for a positive surprise here, like Terminator: Resistance was.

Game modes trailer:

Last edited:
Greyhill Incident

This story-driven Survival-Horror game is about a classic Alien-Invasion which takes place during the early 90s. As Ryan Baker, equipped with a baseball bat and a few bullets in his revolver, the story takes you across the atmospheric neighborhood of Greyhill which is invaded by UFOs & Grey Aliens.

I discovered this on youtube last night, it's on the wishlist now.

The PS Showcase was surprisingly awful but the Spideys came to the rescue at the end

Nice to see what the PS5 can do without being held back by its ancient older brother. Bring on GT8.

do you Really think motorsport game is actually going to release anything

sadly nothing this might be the worst year for racing games ever
maybe the crew motor Fest and test drive solar crown
People keep on saying this, but personally I think a year with a new Forza Mororsport and WRC23 is a pretty good one. Two genuine AAA titles alongside the usual F1s and MotoGPs.

Last edited:
The trailer of Dragon's Dogma II got me interested because it does not look like any other dark fantasy Souls clone around (seriously that visual style is so overdone by now). I even bought the original game (Dark Arisen) and I'm enjoying it.

Back