1/4 Mile Transmission Guide for Dummies(Illustrated)

HIIII!!! Just thought I'd say this Thread needs a Sticky!!!!!
Thanks man. I've pretty much given up on this though, since I guess the mods don't really pay much attention to our sub-forum anymore. I've taken consideration to adding another section, and I'll try to do it within a week or two.

Thanks man. I've pretty much given up on this though, since I guess the mods don't really pay much attention to our sub-forum anymore. I've taken consideration to adding another section, and I'll try to do it within a week or two.

Sadly, I have to agree with you there. This and a couple other threads here are very informative and helpful but are buried in the clutter of other posts. Every other sub-forum has threads sticky except this one. It seems that the only time mods appear is to hand out infractions, ban people, or close threads. Other than that I think the rest of the gtp community thinks of this secton and the drift section as the armpit of the site and only venture here for the sake of finding people to mock in the funny quote thread in the premium forum. Obviously we are all idiots and are allowed to be here solely for the entertainment of others.
smile-and-wave-boys.gif

Sadly, I have to agree with you there. This and a couple other threads here are very informative and helpful but are buried in the clutter of other posts. Every other sub-forum has threads sticky except this one. It seems that the only time mods appear is to hand out infractions, ban people, or close threads. Other than that I think the rest of the gtp community thinks of this secton and the drift section as the armpit of the site and only venture here for the sake of finding people to mock in the funny quote thread in the premium forum. Obviously we are all idiots and are allowed to be here solely for the entertainment of others.View attachment 112653

Let them be. How it usually turns out when someone ventures in the drag racing forum:

DpcjI9O.gif

Same applies for the most part, only diference is the powerband for most FWD cars is very high so keep your gears as close as humanly possible

Hey Master Shake , when are you going to release the FF Car section ? Im having problems with my focus , civics , ftos and integras etc. :confused:
My weekend was pretty busy so I haven't had much personal FF tuning yet. Once I can figure out a reliably universal tune for FF, I will consider adding it - so long as people have an interest in it. Just a ballpark for those cars, consider over 120kg ballast at -50, then use a RWD transmission and tune it so you're not hitting the rev-limiter on launch.

I'd really love some advice on a specific car I'm having a ton of trouble with. The Cizeta V16T.
I cannot get the damn thing to trap higher than 151mph at 8.9 seconds. I just know it could be faster.
I would love any tips you have to offer.

I'd really love some advice on a specific car I'm having a ton of trouble with. The Cizeta V16T.
I cannot get the damn thing to trap higher than 151mph at 8.9 seconds. I just know it could be faster.
I would love any tips you have to offer.

I remember you trying to tune that in my lobby, I still haven't gotten one yet but I hope to have it tuned by this weekend and if you haven't gotten any tips by then I'll help you out.

It was you and Stealth76b that drove me into this corner! XD
But in all seriousness, this car is a pain in the ass...
I'll get it eventually, but for now it's still slow.

It was you and Stealth76b that drove me into this corner! XD
But in all seriousness, this car is a pain in the ass...
I'll get it eventually, but for now it's still slow.

That car isn't very fast, unfortunately. I thought it wouldve been better but the weight and low horsepower keep it from being a good car.

That car isn't very fast, unfortunately. I thought it wouldve been better but the weight and low horsepower keep it from being a good car.

It's not that bad for the class it runs in, I do believe that it can beat a lot of the common mid hp cars. In GT5 the Cizeta ran low 9.7's which was competitive with a lot of cars, it's a sleeper in my opinion because a lot of people assume it's terrible. In reality it's only terrible if you think you're going to beat a Lamborghini with it, that just won't happen, if you run in the proper class it wont disappoint, I actually like this car a lot.

It's not that bad for the class it runs in, I do believe that it can beat a lot of the common mid hp cars. In GT5 the Cizeta ran low 9.7's which was competitive with a lot of cars, it's a sleeper in my opinion because a lot of people assume it's terrible. In reality it's only terrible if you think you're going to beat a Lamborghini with it, that just won't happen, if you run in the proper class it wont disappoint, I actually like this car a lot.
As far as I remember, it received a minuscule power bump and has permanent downforce, so it may infact be slower than it was on GT5. Comparing that to the cars that received substantial power increases, it won't run with the cars it used to. For having 2 V8s mid-mounted, the weight distribution doesn't seem very good either.

I agree with shake on this one. Cizeta feels like a dog, and just doesn't have the raw grunt to move it's bulk. I can out run most muscle, but the Cougar eats it for breakfast.

Latest Posts

Back