2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

Pretty big driver announcement, Rob Huff makes his return to the BTCC for a full season, 20 years after his debut in the sport. He completes Speedworks lineup alongside Andrew Watson in the Corolla.

FB_IMG_1711614843805.jpg

Pretty big driver announcement, Rob Huff makes his return to the BTCC for a full season, 20 years after his debut in the sport. He completes Speedworks lineup alongside Andrew Watson in the Corolla.

View attachment 1340934
Took them long enough to confirm that. Hope Huffy wins at least once, if he does, he'll break a long-standing BTCC record!

Last edited:
A well regarded driver in a potentially quick car (if previous seasons are anything to go by) Biggest news for 2024 so far maybe?

Definitely, if both Speedworks Toyota's and their satellite Starline Corolla's are quick again then all 4 could be contenders.

Plus, it shows how strong the entry list has been in recent years when a 23/24 entry list is considered small. Set to be another great year either way 👍

Took them long enough to confirm that. Hope Huffy wins at least once, if he does, he'll break a long-standing BTCC record!
I think I need to explain this. If the 1958 to 1986 period (When the BTCC was called the British Saloon Car Championship) is included then the current record holder for the longest period between race wins is Dennis Leech. He scored 2 wins late in the 1969 season but didn't win again until early-1987, a period of nearly 18 years. Huff could potentially break that record this year.

I think I need to explain this. If the 1958 to 1986 period (When the BTCC was called the British Saloon Car Championship) is included then the current record holder for the longest period between race wins is Dennis Leech. He scored 2 wins late in the 1969 season but didn't win again until early-1987, a period of nearly 18 years. Huff could potentially break that record this year.
That's a name that takes me back, I remember seeing him racing an F1 car. Aurora F1 Thruxton

Nick Halstead reveals his 2024 livery. At least his race number appears to have been stuck on in the right position on all sides this year. It was all cockeyed on the left rear window this time last year.

Hope this rule change works. As much as I would like Sutton to break Rouse's record, it won't be good for the BTCC if he wins so many races again.
I wouldn't say it wouldn't be good for the BTCC if he does, people at the moment seemingly just dislike anyone having a prolonged period of success (in any sport). He's the best driver in the field currently driving for a top team and has earned his way to the top.

I think where BTCC have mis-stepped with the recent regulation changes is in the removal of success ballast. Hybrid usage restrictions isn't enough of a penalty for success.

I wouldn't say it wouldn't be good for the BTCC if he does, people at the moment seemingly just dislike anyone having a prolonged period of success (in any sport). He's the best driver in the field currently driving for a top team and has earned his way to the top.

I think where BTCC have mis-stepped with the recent regulation changes is in the removal of success ballast. Hybrid usage restrictions isn't enough of a penalty for success.
It just gets boring watching the same driver win so many races. I let Sutton off last year just for the sake of seeing if he could equal Alain Menu's 1997 record.

I agree that success ballast should have been retained with or without the hybrid.

Back