Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,764 comments
@jac0, whenever I 'show driver' in CM showroom, everything becomes non-clickable. Is there something else I can do to get the object name of the goggles?

@MrLonguinha17, the goggles are visible in first person view in all of your cars that you've shared, so I'm hoping to find a solution to this so I can enjoy your cars in custom championships. Perhaps you know how to fix, hide the goggles in 1st person view?

View attachment 1351176

I don't want to move the seat position just to hide the goggles because the current fov/seat position is what I use for all cars.

Hope you folks can help. Love your car sets, @MrLonguinha17, but I can't use them at the moment.
If it's the car you're playing in, just adjust it (from the right column in the menu)Adjusting the FOV.

If it happens to be the cars the AI.

I have to make individual adjustments for each car:

-Save the driver position,
-Then place what was "saved" in the "Documents" folder of Assetto Corsa, referring to the car in which you adjusted the "driver position".
-Copy the values in the "car.ini" file in the "DATA" folder to replace in the "DRIVEREYES" line.

Most of the cars in the packs (I adjusted the position) when racing, but I didn't modify them in the car folders (for the replays with AI, in the cockpit camera).

@jac0, whenever I 'show driver' in CM showroom, everything becomes non-clickable. Is there something else I can do to get the object name of the goggles?

@MrLonguinha17, the goggles are visible in first person view in all of your cars that you've shared, so I'm hoping to find a solution to this so I can enjoy your cars in custom championships. Perhaps you know how to fix, hide the goggles in 1st person view?

View attachment 1351176

I don't want to move the seat position just to hide the goggles because the current fov/seat position is what I use for all cars. (I set my view by the size of the wheel and hands to match my real hands and wheel in front of me - I'm on a 60" flatscreen at 2 feet away from my face. If I adjust FOV just to hide the goggles, then the hands are huge and I'm kissing the wheel.)

Hope you folks can help. Love your car sets, @MrLonguinha17, but I can't use them at the moment.
Why dont you simply replace the driver model with another, that doesn't have the goggles-problem?

How do you backup a skin file? If you're just dropping the skin file into the Assetto Corsa main file, they should still be there somewhere shouldn't they? Now I really can't remember how I installed them or any skin file? I don't know if I installed them to the particular car file or the AC base file so I might have it completely wrong.
When i download a skin i pack it in a zip folder.

If it's a real skin for example i pack it in this way

[RSS GT-M Lanzo V10 EVO2] 2024 - DTM - Engstler Motorsport v1.0 by Creativehighway

if the skins is a fictional or a concept in this way

[URD JT5 Shiro 2022] CONCEPT - Pennzoil Concept v1.1 by Thejqka

Then i'll save it in an external HDD in this way to be more clear

RSS -> GT-M -> RSS GT-M Lanzo V10 EVO2 -> __skin

it took me over 10 years to collect/update/delete skins that i don't use, but i have my whole archive of anything i need in an external HDD

Why dont you simply replace the driver model with another, that doesn't have the goggles-problem?
Bro, I didn't even know you could do that. That's a great idea. There are vintage drivers from Legion's cars that I can use without the goggle prob. What's the process of doing it.

OH Shoot, it's just this?

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_pudding
POSITION=0, 0, 0

use the name of the driver file? I'll try it tomoroow. gonna fall asleepp.

Thanks @mrtomcat66. gnight ya'll.

Last edited:
No idea, I tried searching back in this forum for updates but didn't find yours. I just updated what I had, which I believe was the initial release. Feel free to use or disregard anything I added or subtracted.
i will check the next weekend, just o be sure that your base is the same as mine. Thanks man

@Tummie555 I know you're using VR, but is the up down/vertical shaking motion NeckFX related? Can I achieve some of the up/down shaking using neckFx without having VR (the vertical shaking of the eyes independent of the steering wheel position)? I LOVE that shake!! My current neckFx settings has good 'world shake', but the steering wheel in my view is so stable and static, I would love to add a little vertical shake to simulate that my head is actually moving a little bit vertically from bumps. Let me know please.

If you could share your current NeckFX settings with me, I might be able to extrapolate which values would create that vertical motion for me. Thanks for any help you can give.
Hi Teddie, sorry to say, but I have NeckFX completely turned off. The shaking motion is my own physical neck ;) fighting the motion-simulator and wheel. Unfortunately I don't hold any knowledge regarding NeckFX and it's settings, but I've seen some monitor footage with great shaking-simulation, so it probably can be done.

Here's an example which I thought looked great with neckFX:

Bro, I didn't even know you could do that. That's a great idea. There are vintage drivers from Legion's cars that I can use without the goggle prob. What's the process of doing it.
Easy. Just open the driver3d.ini file in the data.dir of the car and replace model.

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_60
POSITION=0, 0, 0

You can select an appropriate model by checking all your installed driver-models in the content-menu. View them by opening each model in CM-showroom (you can rotate the model by holding the left mouse button and then moving your mouse).

OH Shoot, it's just this?

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_pudding
POSITION=0, 0, 0

use the name of the driver file? I'll try it tomoroow. gonna fall asleepp.

Thanks @mrtomcat66. gnight ya'll.

check this out

You'll go blind.
Not sure how many VR-users feel the same way, but every now and then, when I'm driving and the car/track/time of day/weather combination felt so perfect I would've liked to record a video of the onboard experience. Because replay's don't capture the intensity of the actual experience. Those are missing out on the realtime vr-headmovent, emphasized by the fighting of the wheel (and the motion simulator) and the thrills of the driving on the limit, it just wasn't the same. Like pooring a liter of a water in an espresso. Also there's no way to have traffic in a replay, certainly not the exact same as during the actual driving.

Of course there's the VR-mirroring (both the OG version and the enhanced CSP version) but most people will use OpenXR by now and the image was way too distorted and/or zoomed in for me. On top of that, it took noticeable PC-powered resources to drive the OG mirror, the CSP mirror adjustments and having Nvidia overlay for Geforce Shadow on to record the gameplay.

Well I finally took the time to figure out a solution to this "problem" 😅 and wanted to share it to save people (in the same position) some time.

First let's look at the result:

(don't mind the driving, I'm bad at it)

GUIDE:
To set it up you install OBS-studio to record the gameplay: https://obsproject.com/

After that, you install the OpenXR plugin to directly capture one of the eyes inside the headset: https://github.com/Jabbah/OpenXR-Layer-OBSMirror

Then you setup OBS - Main settings/recording/streaming. Lots of youtube videos available, I used this one:

And you adjust the captured image to be as little distored as possible. I used this video:

(With this step you can adjust the view to show less car and more road for example)

If you've followed all this, you can disable the OG and CSP mirroring, and of course disable the Geforce overlay.

Some (OPTIONAL) bonus benefits, you can add color-filter corrections directly through OBS. I used this video as a guide:

And lastly, an unforeseen bonus I encountered, when you add your streamkey to obs, you can directly stream to your Twitch-account. I'm not aspiring to become a streamer, but this way the video's don't take any space on my harddrive! Turn on VOD (Video on demand) in your twitch account otherwise your streams won't be saved. I believe they're stored for 7 days if you not an official twitch-partner. You can download the video's from your own account during those 7 days if you want a store it longer on your own hard drive. (You can probably also use Youtube-streaming if you prefer it).
Another benefit is if one of my friends comes over I can send him a link to the video of him driving before he even got out of the simulator.

Note that the best video quality will always be Recording directly to your harddrive instead of streaming to these services. They compress the hell out of your video.

One more tip, when inside the headset, open OpenXR Toolkit settings and adjust the Shaking reduction to have a little "stabilizer" applied to the video. I've set it to -40% which I got from one of the video-guides.

That's it, you're all set!

I personally use a streamdeck which has built-in obs controls. (OBS does have an option to bind your own shortcut keys.) So now, whenever I'm driving and I feel the need to capture a little clip, I literally press 1 button, and the complete raw experience is captured, uploaded and saved, with minimal use of resources (dedicated encoder chip on GPU, otherwise unused, no large hard drive space needed, no mirroring to monitors needed) and no more distortions than I've settled on. This "problem" I had didn't just get fixed, it got obliterated.

Anyway, I just hope this helps at least one other person. :gtpflag:

Superb guide thank you. I can't help feeling that your view needs a teensy bit of pitch up though.

@Tummie555 I know you're using VR, but is the up down/vertical shaking motion NeckFX related? Can I achieve some of the up/down shaking using neckFx without having VR (the vertical shaking of the eyes independent of the steering wheel position)? I LOVE that shake!! My current neckFx settings has good 'world shake', but the steering wheel in my view is so stable and static, I would love to add a little vertical shake to simulate that my head is actually moving a little bit vertically from bumps. Let me know please.

If you could share your current NeckFX settings with me, I might be able to extrapolate which values would create that vertical motion for me. Thanks for any help you can give.
Here's another head motion app you could try Teddie.

Here's another head motion app you could try Teddie.

Thanks, this one flew under my radar.
I have NeckFX settings for my VR/G-Seat/G-Belt setup that I've fine-tuned and am pretty happy with, except for the image stabilisation in the middle distance.
Hopefully this app will allow head inertia simulation under acceleration/braking/cornering, as I find those vital to complement the G-Seat/G-Belt forces for ultimate immersion.

Edit: @xezez, thanks again for pointing this out, it has all the head inertia simulation I want, plus much better middle-distance image stabilisation than my own settings ever had.
I'd recommend these settings to anyone with VR, and suggest that they're pretty much essential for anyone running VR with a G-Seat/G-Belt combo.

Last edited:
Is there a different version of this car?

With the skins it looks pretty good, but its a lot slower than other cars ALMS GT cars....it also drives like it has half the power its listed...
This looks like a good model and the sizing looks ok as well, except for the front endurance lights being too large.
My version below is modified from NeilB's pack with many improvements but is lower poly. It is probably at version 0.96, but you could adapt the key part of my physics which gives relative IRL lap times.
preview.jpg

Thanks, this one flew under my radar.
I have NeckFX settings for my VR/G-Seat/G-Belt setup that I've fine-tuned and am pretty happy with, except for the image stabilisation in the middle distance.
Hopefully this app will allow head inertia simulation under acceleration/braking/cornering, as I find those vital to complement the G-Seat/G-Belt forces for ultimate immersion.
Let me know what you think of the app after you've had a chance to try it Masscot. I've been tied up with some other things since it appeared and haven't got around to it yet myself.

Let me know what you think of the app after you've had a chance to try it Masscot. I've been tied up with some other things since it appeared and haven't got around to it yet myself.
I have been testing it for the past hour and I really like it.
I've spent a lot of time (waaaaay too much!) in the past trying to decipher NeckFX's unfathomable settings, trying to find meaning in the completely meaningless descriptions of what each adjustment actually does. More through luck than judgment I managed to arrive at settings I was happy with, ones that work in VR, and work to complement the sustained g-forces from the G-Seat/G-Belt combo. The missing part was simulating the natural image stabilisation that our eyes and inner ear do so well in the real world, which this app does as well as Real Head Motion, which is praise indeed.
I've already deleted all of my other NeckFX settings and will be using these ones from now on.

Just my experience as an VR user, about neck FX.
I did try some of the CM preprogrammed neck FX settings, and while driving in VR only, did get motion sick. Normally I do have this sickness only, when driving on a very fast and with a lot of curves, hill climbing circuit.

Just my experience as an VR user, about neck FX.
I did try some of the CM preprogrammed neck FX settings, and while driving in VR only, did get motion sick. Normally I do have this sickness only, when driving on a very fast and with a lot of curves, hill climbing circuit.
Try the one that @xezez pointed to above. It's a gamechanger for me.

Here's some fixes to get vn_motorland aragon fully functional. Looks to be an RFactor 2 conversion. I was trying to find a way to contact @neil shaw but it seems like his messaging link here is blocked. If he or anyone has a problem with this, I will take it down.

-fictional drs
-ai for gp, motogp, speed reworked
-new ai hints (or removed), sidelines, and pitlanes
-basic rainfx
-UI outlines, maps, geotags
-ideal_line.ai added
-simple cameras reworked
-crew flipped sides
-condensed vao files

It was pointed out to me that there is a hole to the left of pit entry, but that's beyond my paygrade to fix. I also had a problem with previous versions of CSP with the Speed layout pit, but it seems resolved with latest. It could use graphical work, but I think it's fun to drive.

I suggest a clean install to avoid conflicts with ai and vao files.

vn_motorland_aragon_complex reworks:
Last year I did "camera_facing.ini" for all layouts, because the track is so empty. Maybe you want to add it.

Attachments

• camera_facing.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 10
When i download a skin i pack it in a zip folder.

If it's a real skin for example i pack it in this way

[RSS GT-M Lanzo V10 EVO2] 2024 - DTM - Engstler Motorsport v1.0 by Creativehighway

if the skins is a fictional or a concept in this way

[URD JT5 Shiro 2022] CONCEPT - Pennzoil Concept v1.1 by Thejqka

Then i'll save it in an external HDD in this way to be more clear

RSS -> GT-M -> RSS GT-M Lanzo V10 EVO2 -> __skin

it took me over 10 years to collect/update/delete skins that i don't use, but i have my whole archive of anything i need in an external HDD
So essentially make another copy of a skin you've downloaded, install the original, then create another name for it manually and store it someplace else for when cars update you have to install it again?

I haven't emptied the recycle bin yet so I'm going to try and go back and retrieve the ones I can remember.

So essentially make another copy of a skin you've downloaded, install the original, then create another name for it manually and store it someplace else for when cars update you have to install it again?

I haven't emptied the recycle bin yet so I'm going to try and go back and retrieve the ones I can remember.
This is the basic solution for a backup in case of whatever-terrible-happens like a HDD failure, viruses or else. It's not guarantee a 100% security but is better than nothing. If you didn't empty the bin, you can simply recover the skin folder for all car and replace them inside the new version of the mods.

Hi, I share a different approach to the Honda NR750 mod by Takeyoh

The idea started by just correcting small errors in the original skins but ended up creating new skins (based on 2 real custom NR750s), changing drivers, sound and modifying values to achieve real specifications (such as 0-100 acceleration, 1/4mile and 1KM times and top speed)

Caps:
NR750_1.jpg

NR750_01.jpg

If you only want to update the skins of the orginal Takeyoh mod:
https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/honda-nr750-fix-and-new-skins.68892/

If you want to an attempt at real specs (it should be slower in curves, but now at least you can compete with 80/90 cars)

(link in description video)
sharemods.jpg

I'm looking for a mod that gives more options for the livery icon generator. I have the numberplate generator on RD from Sylana, which is great, but I would like more options

Or if anyone has a tutorial they can bless me with on how to add more options? I'm don't know much about .xaml

1714420429273.png
1714420547534.png

I have been looking for a Timing App that shows the individual sector times but have not found anything good on RD / Overtake.gg
I seen an AC video yesterday with the this App. Anyone know the name of this App or if there is something very similar to this App. Thanks!

sm.jpg

My inventions/adaptations of the day.
Eagle 9 part of the F1 model) + Lotus 38 by Legion (adapted skins)Lola skins adapted to the Lotus 38
The skins weren't good (maybe someone can adapt them better), but you can recognize who they belonged to.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1714450888.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1714450888.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1714450919.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1714450919.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1714451420.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1714451420.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1714451439.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1714451439.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back