Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,968 comments
Hello guys,
A member on Reddit had proposed a new layout for the Marrakech circuit, which is suitable for Formula 1, I don't know if there's a mod for it or not? I saw that there were mods for the old WTCC circuit and the new Formula E circuit, but this one looks very interesting.
Thank you.
IMG_6043.jpeg

Hi everyone, annoyed with a question. Can someone tell me which is the best version of the '67 Nürburgring on the Breath list, please. There's no version of '69, right?
In the end it was 2 questions XD
Thank you all.
Beter to test these by yourself? Maybe you like visual bad made tracks because the drive is so smooth and very realistic. Or what if your PC has problems in maintaining a decent straight FPS.

First check out the available track and enhance mods/versions on the Breathe list and on Overtake. Install them.
Before driving, I look around focusing on some objects like trees/rocks, the road and the indication about shimmer/jaggies.
Then a quick drive on how the tracks drives.

To make room on my SSD, I did a couple test on this Woodland circuit and on some tracks, the trees and hedges are made from crapwood and are looking like a cardboard display. Despite it is a very good made track, the track from @LuisB https://www.overtake.gg/threads/nordschleife-1967.268755/ I did drive a couple of weeks ago, does face this problem. While I think especially for a woodland track near the road trees and hedges should be well made. But maybe this is only noticeable when driving in VR mode and not on a single monitor.

If wanting the best made vintage track, I can advise to download all @fat-alfies tracks, these are the best made free vintage tracks you can find for Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
Just found this video this morning, thought I would share as it serve two purpose to me:
  1. For when anyone ask, why are you playing AC almost exclusively, this short video says it all.
  2. Why is AC so much more popular than almost anything else, sometime by a factor of 10 or more.

I dont like this presentation wich present very bad situations in driving.
I am 77 and I cannot present it to people I want to convince to com to sim and race with me seriously.
It would be nice to have a presentation explaining that AC is the best to race correctly at any period of racing history. Thank

I am 77 and I cannot present it to people I want to convince to com to sim and race with me seriously.
I respect that, this is what AC is for you.
I believe the point of the video is that AC is many things to many people, which explains why the number of players is so much more than any other simulator titles and will (most likely) keep growing.
As for "bad" driving, better in AC that on the street.:sly:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, annoyed with a question. Can someone tell me which is the best version of the '67 Nürburgring on the Breath list, please. There's no version of '69, right?
Thank you all.
I absolutely love the one by WilliamRiker. A favorite for sure.

Thank you all.
I poked around in all the versions I could see, and I think the WilliamTRiker version is the only one that has the "Gesamtstrecke" layout which the Marathon de le Route used?

I setup a quick WEC champ with mostly TRR cars for anyone that wants to have the mostly correct car counts and types, skins aren't correct though.

heres the trr mustang gt3 with lods and some shader fixes - think thats the only car that didnt have any

preview.jpg

Last edited:
One of the best road track for AC but, there is an issue with AI in reverse layout. 500m after the start, before a rude right turn, all AI cars crashes !
I try to fix it by recording AI line but nothing solve it
might need new sidelines, will look into it

edit: I just tried severral combinations of Kunos and mod cars

results:
3 races all with mixed grids of Kunos+mods.
Exactly 1 car crashed in 1 race near the spot you mentioned and was caused by 1 car hitting another, not colliding or overshooting the track/road itself.

perhaps an ai_hints.ini adustment could help, see if the one I attatched will help
(tracks\rt_california_highway\reverse\data)

also here is an re-syncd AI for reverse
unpack to (tracks\rt_california_highway\reverse\ai)

Attachments

• ai_hints.ini
    527 bytes · Views: 3
  • fast_lane.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I respect that, this is what AC is for you.
I believe the point of the video is that AC is many things to many people, which explains why the number of players is so much more than any other simulator titles and will (most likely) keep growing.
As for "bad" driving, better in AC that on the street.:sly:
I find ACC too easy to drive compared to AC, almost simcade, but still better than Forza and Gran Turismo. i wonder how it would feel with manual shifting cars.

ACC may seem easy. But if you want to get competitive times it's just endless car adjusting and tyre pressure fine tuning. For example I can't go below 1:58 on Nurburgring GT track on ANY car. The best sim racers have insane lap times like 1:54 and 1:55. I just can't duplicate that. I haven't tried recently though... I just don't know how to set up the car properly.

If you want to compete against the best, ACC is FAR from being easy.

But I play AC 90%. Automobilista 2, rF2 and ACC occasionally. RBR too, which is still amazing. There is just something about AC driving, tyre grip, the FEEL of the car which is unmatched. And the mods... it's insane that I can play (almost) all 80's and 90's F1 seasons. Tracks are mostly excellent and it's so easy and convenient to fine tune the difficulty level. You can always make the ai faster by just opening car.ini, engine.ini, etc.

The feeling I get from driving those vintage F1 seasons is unmatched. And the 80's and 90's tracks are mostly masterpieces. The whole 88 track pack is pure genius.

For us classic F1 fans there's nothing like AC, it's the GOAT.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a problem with "32k-SimTraxx SEMETIN (all in one) 1.5"
fix from 2022 from racedepartment. I used it a lot in the past, but few months ago a new CSP version broke it sadly.
It gives me Failed to allocate GPU memory error, when the simtraxx_semetin_trees.kn5 is copied over. Its the same on your end too or just for me?

Hi, I have a problem with "32k-SimTraxx SEMETIN (all in one) 1.5"
fix from 2022 from racedepartment. I used it a lot in the past, but few months ago a new CSP version broke it sadly.
It gives me Failed to allocate GPU memory error, when the simtraxx_semetin_trees.kn5 is copied over. Its the same on your end too or just for me?
No it's not just you :-) you have to keep the original ...trees.kn5

ACC may seem easy. But if you want to get competitive times it's just endless car adjusting and tyre pressure fine tuning. For example I can't go below 1:58 on Nurburgring GT track on ANY car. The best sim racers have insane lap times like 1:54 and 1:55. I just can't duplicate that. I haven't tried recently though... I just don't know how to set up the car properly.

If you want to compete against the best, ACC is FAR from being easy.

But I play AC 90%. Automobilista 2, rF2 and ACC occasionally. RBR too, which is still amazing. There is just something about AC driving, tyre grip, the FEEL of the car which is unmatched. And the mods... it's insane that I can play (almost) all 80's and 90's F1 seasons. Tracks are mostly excellent and it's so easy and convenient to fine tune the difficulty level. You can always make the ai faster by just opening car.ini, engine.ini, etc.

The feeling I get from driving those vintage F1 seasons is unmatched. And the 80's and 90's tracks are mostly masterpieces. The whole 88 track pack is pure genius.

For us classic F1 fans there's nothing like AC, it's the GOAT.
the only thing that will finish AC off is when full AI based gaming comes along.

like what it can do now with those 50's style panavision versions of movie trailers and motown versions of rap songs

surely eventually AI will be able to do the 3d modelling with accurate physics on the fly with AI based competitors. like you just tell it that you wanna race the 1958 le mans and it will just go and create the entire grid with accurate conditions.

So many people waiting for AC2. I am too... but if it's not compatible AC1 mods (and I doubt it will be) it takes YEARS before it can replace AC1. I don't really need anything. AC1 ai is pretty good as long as the track ai and lines have done properly. The only really, really bad minus is when you play longer races... the ai backmarker (blue flagged cars) behavior. They're not giving space. Same for the QF laps. That is the single biggest issue for me in AC1.

Sometimes when ai cars come from the pitlane (like Kunos Brands Hatch) they actually give you space before they enter the track. I don't know how that same behavior can't be implemented to the actual races' warmup laps and backmarkers. See 1:45 on this video when Stefan Johansson is coming in from the pit. He slows the car and almost stops it when Williams is coming through.

youtu.be/5LQ56L7Ayb8?si=LMH4lD9qYNri5vvv&t=105

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back