Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,049 comments
Use CSP's WindscreenFX feature. You can remove dirt and control blur with these settings. CM>settings>CSP>windscreen fx
Thank you for your answer, but I already try that and it didn't fix the "blurry/stange" effect. Anyway the Extra blur effect is already set to 0%. It only appears on few car mods, I don't think a general setting can help because it applies on every cars and it is not necessary.

The same thing happened to me a few months ago on a W10 fresh install after adding a second NVMe drive. I cloned the AC folder from the SSD to a partition on the new NVMe using the usual Linux tool. All went well, no errors... Until, a few days later, I tried to launch the game. Same mess, json and kn5 missing all around. I still don't know what happened, maybe permission problems...
Interesting that you had the same problem. Maybe as you said, its a permissions thing. Next time I will make a disk image rather than moving files and folders.

Sorry but... what's the most updated version of the TVR T400R? I think is this one...

... but the links are dead. Is there any kind soul who can re-upload the updated mod again, pleeeease? 😚

TVR T400R BETA 0.4 → https://mega.nz/file/alYAUDLT#BrtfuAJwOcG7eQKsgb2epCenOzamteiW-vKyCz69EwM

↓ CHANGELOG ↓

• Updated gearbox change up/down time
  • Updated default brake bias value
  • Updated brake disc mesh names in brakes.ini
  • Updated tire dimensions
  • Updated skinnable mesh (glass + diffuser)
  • Updated side lights
  • Updated stickers
  • Updated shaders
  • Updated total mass (1100kg car + 75kg driver)
  • Reworked skins
  • Reworked air intake
  • Reworked steering wheel
  • Reworked rollbar
  • Reworked fuel tank
  • New headlights
  • New digital GTP BOX V.1 included
  • New lods
  • New brake discs
  • New front/rear tow hook
  • New optional caliper textures
  • New Avon tire set (as a base I used the Huracan ST slicks, rain texture included)
  • Fixed brake caliper dimension/position
  • Fixed rim size
  • Fixed tyre size
  • Fixed missing tyre valve
  • Fixed audio pitch
  • Fixed the holes in the mesh that allowed the light of the headlights to be seen at some angles.
  • Fixed fuel tube mapping
  • Fixed air tube mapping/texture
  • Fixed exhaust mesh
  • Fixed exhaust flames
  • Fixed brake lights and tail lights position (inverted)

Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to thoroughly test the car on the track in this period due to lack of time to spend behind the wheel, the physical corrections made are in fact minimal. The next update will focus mainly on physics. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution for the driver position/steering animation yet, I think it's a problem with the blender plugin. To make the dash visible in VR, I created a mixed steering wheel between a round and a flat bottom. Furthermore I created the GTP BOX V.1 which shows at least the engine rpm and the current gear. Having corrected the size of the tyres, the car now tends to lose traction a little more easily and at low rpm the car rotates more smoothly. If the car tends to lock the tires too much, reduce the braking power by a few points and you should limit the problem. A clean installation is recommended.

Like every release, I ask you not to upload the car to other platforms, I would like it to be available only here and from the link I provided. For any changes/problems, just ask and I will try to add them in further releases as has already been done previously. Thanks to everyone who helped me. 😀

The latest version is 0.4 beta, I mentioned the post with the link. :D
Finished, I hope you enjoy it.
View attachment 1354316

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/tvr-t400r-le-mans-24h-2003-91-92.69139/

Is it possible that I'm the only disturbed one in the whole internet that are interested in create the liveries of those infamous Le Mans cars?
It's truly fantastic :cheers:

EDIT: On the new version it is even more beautiful, I will definitely include the link to your skin in the next release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_10-4-124-17-19-38.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_10-4-124-17-19-38.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_10-4-124-17-19-32.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_10-4-124-17-19-32.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
with well over 8000 mods in existance , I think it's very hard to maintain a list of essentials...
If I take the car mods that I have given 5 stars and fav+ , it's over 500 ...
If you narrow it down to a class , era or whatever, I'd be able to give you a list of recommendations... but I doubt you would have use of a list of 500+ carfolder names...
My 'thing' is mostly real world series, so anything that relates to a real category or racing, not so much into the racing random supercars etc unless its some really fun ****boxes.
F1, Touring Cars, WEC/IMSA/ IndyCar that sort of thing

Thank you for your answer, but I already try that and it didn't fix the "blurry/stange" effect. Anyway the Extra blur effect is already set to 0%. It only appears on few car mods, I don't think a general setting can help because it applies on every cars and it is not necessary.
this problem comes from badly mod cars, the glass must have a double face which generates the problem that you met, the only solution is to pass by an editor 3d for fix

Sitting at 2800 cars and 800 tracks here, and I can honestly say I have driven every one of them for at least 1 lap. It's standard procedure for me - every week I drop by this thread, download and unpack stuff (manually I might add, so I can edit the names and tags according to my preferences). Then drive the new cars around Silverstone National, and drive the new tracks using the McLaren P1. That way I have a stable baseline to compare cars and tracks. Cars that drive badly are deleted. Tracks I'm a bit more lenient about quality because the filtering is done during the download process. I already have an old install of rFactor where I have every real world track up to 2016, so on AC I just got the tracks that I like + new ones + good fictional ones.

With most cars/tracks I probably never touch them again, but at least I have experienced it albeit for a short period. And if in the future I ever have a need to drive a certain combo, it's always ready to go. AC is basically like a curated library of driving experiences for me. A librarian isn't expected to know every word in every book, but they would know what books are in the library and knows where to go to find certain information. All the cars I find interesting and every kind of road from real life and fictional (whether scratch made or converted from other games) all in one convenient launcher.
This is my approach as well. And it works great... But. Besides the intial acceptance-test, I've now 3 times (in the past 8 years) done an entire library assesment. And what absolutely baffled me is that during my recent 3rd assessment, I came across mods, that were (visually) horrifying. I couldn't figure out how they came through my initial test and survived the two previous assessments. They didn't slip through because I could see the mileage on them. The only explanation I have, which ultimately undermines the value of those large libraries, is that my baseline for what makes a good mod went up 1000%. What I thought was a good mod in 2017, could very well be garbage in 2024. I never expected this, but it does make perfect sense considering the relentless growth of AC/CM/CSP/PURE/Your GPU/Resolution of your monitor or VR-HS. And of course the best modders that keep pushing those boundaries. I think grid-fillers is a viable excuse for larger libraries though, but I'd eat my hat if you'd go through your library and didn't delete at least 30% wondering how they ever got past your initial test. :dunce:

p.s. I do understand and am subjected to the appeal of collecting those sweet mods. But at 1000 cars it was enough. Now I keep collecting, but only great new mods may enter, and than the worst in my library gets deleted. Best in, Worst out.

Last edited:
I always keep fresh copy of Champs.ini file on my desktop. If something happens, I can restore to previous proper race.
My god, that works so well. Thank you! I created a couple of batch files to backup or restore the champs.ini file so I don't have to keep digging down to copy it. Thanks again.
If having difficulties, let us know, we are all here to help each other.

Wow @RicME85 6000 cars thats I think a new record.
I do have 400 cars and exactly 199 tracks, mostly before 1972 racetrack genre.
Thank you. I think you and me are good now with our championships :) Thanks for bringing up the topic. Really helpful stuff came of it.

I'm at 10,039 cars. I'm a sick car hoarder. And this is after I weeded out all the really bad or broken cars. lol. I think one of our friends here has over 14 thousand, I read a few weeks ago.
2024-05-10 11_48_39-.png

There is something therapeutic about grouping cars and creating series out of random cars with similar traits or of the same class, etc. I always tag the groups like "#series.wtcc.2019", for instance.

I think if I was using my VR headset (which I have but things felt smaller for some reason, I think because I've always used a 60+ monitor at 2 feet away). But I think if I raced with my VR, I would definitely remove a ton of cars. Reading Mascot's posts make me realize how many cars have interior issues that really glare in VR. My OCD could not handle that.

OTHER TOPIC: Is there no way to edit a post and add additional "quoted" messages? I sometimes find other posts after I respond to someone that I want to reply to as well but there doesn't seem to be a way to add quoted msgs to your latest post after you've already submitted the response to the forum.

Last edited:
View attachment 1354389
Shanghai_v2 has been added short and rallycross(fictional) layout.

Other updates:
·New collision physics for all layout.
·Fix some model bugs.
·New grass and ads texture.
·New crowds.
·New ai for tourism layout.
New stand B is not included because of no good 3d model.
View attachment 1354392
View attachment 1354394
View attachment 1354395
View attachment 1354397
link:https://mega.nz/folder/z8Il0KCK#sWqQ4VdeEDJGOVOJmhyJ8w
may i ask which vw polo u used in rallycross screenshots?

Ive tried the pit ai app, and it seems to make my AI not want to start at all during races on certain tracks. They just sit there. Depends on track really, and if I turn on/off new ai behavior. Not sure maybe I'm doing something wrong?

On tracks the app does work it's pretty cool, seeing some cars pit before others etc.
thank you for your answer Jgtc15 !

Most of the cars ( 3903 ) are from F1, Indy, Sports Cars, WEC/IMSA, Super Turismo, Turismo, Rally etc.....but almost nothing related in style (Gran Turismo or Forza) that don't have many "skins of racing ".

The tracks, mostly ( 533 ) real, vintage/classic and rallyIn total, around (1.5 TERA bytes), I haven't compressed the Assetto Corsa files yet.

shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 02 - Interlagos v1.0
The Interlagos billboard in the F1 1992 Track Pack has been updated to the F1 1998 version.
Some textures and objects from Grand Prix Team's rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack were used.

View attachment 1354317
-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack by Grand Prix Team
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Water tower by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula)
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
some objects from Interlagos 90s
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot, Alessandro Micali, TITI

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

I am a huge fan of Mika-VS-Michael -era, so this is very very very very much appreciated.

Are you planning to release more stuff from yeas 1998-2001?

Lately I had a race in Grobnik (by Mitja Bonca and Teddie).... on AC, not IRL :).
My intention was to make only a fictional skin with Masscot's banners and some textures from pepperoni-ac24's Summer skin, but then I fixed the pit semaphore, fences and trees, removed the 3D Grass, added GrassFX, RainFX, Spectators.

You can find it in the download section.

You can do what you want with it... update, edit, trash...

If you see weird grass replace:
TEXTURE=..\..\..\texture\grass_fx\highlands.dds
with:
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands.dds
in ext_config.ini

Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_grobnik_5-4-124-18-37-20.jpg
Screenshot_tcr_focus_v2_grobnik_5-4-124-18-38-27.jpg

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean, it's like the edges of cars and objects smear and jitter as they/you move (I can't describe it well either). There is a couple of workarounds you can try. I'll try and post them later if I remember. If not, please PM me.
@Breathe this link is not working, @ all the members maybe somebody could share.
View attachment 1354448
Here ya go, my bud:

As in scale? Or in letterbox fov? If it's the first one, you can adjust the "worldscale" through OpenXr Toolkit.
I honestly can't remember. I can only describe it as 'the world felt smaller'. It looked correct. Looked very cool in fact, but for some reason I just wanted to get back to using my big arse monitor. Thanks for the tip though; if I try VR again, this will be helpful, I'm sure.
Lately I had a race in Grobnik (by Mitja Bonca and Teddie).... on AC, not IRL :).
My intention was to make only a fictional skin with Masscot's banners and some textures from pepperoni-ac24's Summer skin, but then I fixed the pit semaphore, fences and trees, removed the 3D Grass, added GrassFX, RainFX, Spectators.

You can find it in the download section.

You can do what you want with it... update, edit, trash...

View attachment 1354471View attachment 1354472
Wow, I forgot all about this track. I remember I removed the terrain mesh 'pieces' and replaced it with a single world/mountains mesh I made from google data and some other fixes to the track. If I remember correctly, the mountains, before I fixed it, were like a patch-work quilt that would flicker. Thanks for doing this skin. I'll check it out tonight. I love the flow of this track.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a fix for the near useless headlights on the VRC Ferrenzo P49? I'm all for romantic mood lighting but maybe a race track isn't the best place for it.
@Endgame Dog here

Was dealing with the same issue.
If you change following items in ext_config.ini, it will be better:

[LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_0]
COLOR=1, 1, 0.9, 30
POSITION=0, 0.35, 2
DIRECTION=0.0,-0.12,1
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.8
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=400
FADE_FAKE_SHADOW=0
FADE_SMOOTH=60
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
MIRROR=0.85
MIRROR_DIRECTION=0
RANGE=300
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0
SPOT=40

big work, I hope to drive this cars !!!
Let's see what I can finish in the next few days (I have to test at the Indianapolis 500 in a few laps), to see if they can develop the same average speeds as at the time.The "base car" is practically the same, but I generally modified some things to make the "brands: eagle, mclaren, parnelli, penske, coyote, wildcat, etc..) a little different from each other.

I am a huge fan of Mika-VS-Michael -era, so this is very very very very much appreciated.

Are you planning to release more stuff from yeas 1998-2001?
Thank you. I am also a fan of that F1 era.

As for 1998, Tracks will be released except for the 3rd race in Argentina.
I couldn't find a good source for Buenos Aires, so the already released Track skin is an alternative.

I'm in the middle of a hideous AC/CM/CSP rebuild and have a question I'd appreciate anyone being able to answer:

Does anyone know where CM/CSP saves the file that lists your car and track favourites and ratings?

I have restored a backup of the folder from 'appData (local)/AcTools Content Manager', but when I startup the freshly installed CM/CSP now, it still doesn't seem to be finding any of my pre-crash settings for those.

EDIT: I'm also trying to work out where CM/CSP saves .ini files for things like driver position settings, smart mirrrors... and all the rest.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back