Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,109 comments
NPP
this is a lot of fun, thank you! Feels very immediate and, for want of a better term, believable, almost transports me back to when I had the opportunity to do trackdays regularly.

Wanting to leave some positive feedback on this motivated me to finally register, after reading this thread for more than a year. Keep up the good work!
Got any tips setup tips for making these less twitchy? I find myself frequently losing the rear & going into a spin. Maybe this just a "skill issue" on my part and I need more practice with the default setup.

Just a moment to say that the Van Diemen is among the BEST cars in Assetto Corsa. Ticks ALL the boxes. And whoever dares to contradict me, I will also send to him the hitman. Period.

Thanks for share that perfect mod, @_Bazza_ .
So true, these lower spec series, the beginning steps for the majority of the professionals are so under rated in the sim world, the top step seems to be the main focus. Personally I far prefer the challenge these classes offer, massive thanks to @_Bazza_ for giving us these Formula Fords.
I love that we have a Formula Atlantic mod, even if it's not upto todays high standards, and would so love to see one of the popular series that was used around the world with the Ralt RT4, Reynard 90H & Swift DB4, rather than the many many f1 mods

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of a hideous AC/CM/CSP rebuild and have a question I'd appreciate anyone being able to answer:

Does anyone know where CM/CSP saves the file that lists your car and track favourites and ratings?

I have restored a backup of the folder from 'appData (local)/AcTools Content Manager', but when I startup the freshly installed CM/CSP now, it still doesn't seem to be finding any of my pre-crash settings for those.

EDIT: I'm also trying to work out where CM/CSP saves .ini files for things like driver position settings, smart mirrrors... and all the rest.
1715402957922.png

Thanks Peter. I've already restored almost all my settings from a back-up of the AcTools Content Manager app folder, but I still haven't been able to determine which files save the user's track and car ratings. If you happen to know where those specific files can be found you'd make my day!
You have a extension folder in Documents/Assetto Corsa where you can find some files too like the driver position settings...

You have a extension folder in Documents/Assetto Corsa where you can find some files too like the driver position settings...
Thanks. I have already copied my most backup documents folder across, but I'm still missing a number of things, from the favorites ratings for my cars and tracks, all my previous lap time records and race results, UI settings, app preference configs and more.

Trying to get everything back to where it was before my 'AC/CSP meltdown' is all a bit like trying to put a smashed jigsaw back together and I'm just trying to work out where the missing pieces have gone.

Maybe they're all stuck inside the wormhole that steals socks out of the dryer? 🤪

Thanks. I have already copied my most backup documents folder across, but I'm still missing a number of things, from the favorites ratings for my cars and tracks, all my previous lap time records and race results, UI settings, app preference configs and more.

Trying to get everything back to where it was before my 'AC/CSP meltdown' is all a bit like trying to put a smashed jigsaw back together and I'm just trying to work out where the missing pieces have gone.

Maybe they're all stuck inside the wormhole that steals socks out of the dryer? 🤪
I’m not at my PC, but what about this OS disc (like Cdisk) /users/yourPC name/?/local here you find all the stored pre-setings, logo’s and other interesting stuff.

Last edited:

If you backed up those two folders (Appdata and Documents), you should have got everything back, odd indeed.

Last edited:
I’m not at my PC, but what about this OS disc (like Cdisk) /users/yourPC name/?/local here you find all the stored pre-setings, logo’s and other interesting stuff.
Thanks. I've been salvaged all I can from the CSP appData folder already.

If you backed up those two folders (Appdata and Documents), you should have got everything back, odd indeed.
I'm going to try going through on older backup of the documents folder to see if I've inadvertantly reinstalled files from a documents folder that was already corrupted.

Thanks to both of you for offering suggestions and help. :cheers:

I know exactly what you mean, it's like the edges of cars and objects smear and jitter as they/you move (I can't describe it well either). There is a couple of workarounds you can try. I'll try and post them later if I remember. If not, please PM me.
Thank you Teddie and marc magnela for the answears. Yeah Teddie! That's exactly what I see. I understand that it is not an easy fix to do, and thank you for giving me / us tips in the futur. Probably a true moder's skill is required for that one as you suggest marc. I must live with that issue with unique cars I want to keep because I can't swap by another one, and "right to the bin" for all the others.

Best regards

I'm going to try going through on older backup of the documents folder to see if I've inadvertantly reinstalled files from a documents folder that was already corrupted.

What about this folder and the ratings.data file??

C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Progress

Got any tips setup tips for making these less twitchy?...
(EDITOR'S NOTE FOR THE CLUELESS: we are talking about the Van Diemen/Mygale cars).

I'm not, by any means, a pro sim driver, rather I'm average, tending to terrible. Normally (as in this case) I drive with the cars as they come from stock; I haven't gotten yet to the stage of messing around deeply with the configurations.

At first I also spent more time with the Van Diemen winning trophies for the best off roader, bumping around in the grass than in the black zone, until little by little I got the hang of it. I love the behavior of this little rocket with stock settings because it teaches you to dose the gas and brake delicately and to be precise with the steering wheel; leaden feet and hamfisted hands do not suit well to this jewel.

My inexperienced advice is to dedicate time to improve the handling in stock form (or at most, changing the gear ratios depending on the circuit), and once the proportion of time spended in the black zone exceeds whichever on the green, consider making changes to the settings.

Although each rig is different, for me this car is one of those in which you notice the subtle changes in weight when turning, the loss of grip, the skidding... In addition to good behavior, it's very good in the graphic section, the tires reflect wear visually, etc, etc, and although its performance may seem modest, it is very fun to drive on all types of circuits. That's why I think it's a top mod.

Yes, I'm in love with this cutie... 😍

Last edited:

Hey Xezez,
the ratings are normally here: %LocalAppData%\"AcTools Content Manager"\Progress\Ratings.data
But also here: %LocalAppData%\"AcTools Content Manager"\Temporary\Storages Backups\Ratings.data

%LocalAppData% means normally C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local

Long time ago I made some Backup scripts for all that stuff. I don´t know if I still have them.

Edit: Oh, @MrB00 was faster... :)

Last edited:
What about this folder and the ratings.data file??

C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Progress
Hey Xezez,
the ratings are normally here: %LocalAppData%\"AcTools Content Manager"\Progress\Ratings.data
But also here: %LocalAppData%\"AcTools Content Manager"\Temporary\Storages Backups\Ratings.data

Long time ago I made some Backup scripts for all that stuff. I don´t know if I still have them.

Thanks to you both for the tip. They are files I have not yet encountered! Or at least, I don't think I have. At this point, I can barely remember what I've tried! 😵‍💫

I'm in the middle of compressing a zillion files right now, but I'll look in some backups for that file and give it a try once it's done.

:cheers:

Last edited:
(EDITOR'S NOTE FOR THE CLUELESS: we are talking about the Van Diemen/Mygale cars).

I'm not, by any means, a pro sim driver, rather I'm average, tending to terrible. Normally (as in this case) I drive with the cars as they come from stock; I haven't gotten yet to the stage of messing around deeply with the configurations.

At first I also spent more time with the Van Diemen winning trophies for the best off roader, bumping around in the grass than in the black zone, until little by little I got the hang of it. I love the behavior of this little rocket with stock settings because it teaches you to dose the gas and brake delicately and to be precise with the steering wheel; leaden feet and hamfisted hands do not suit well to this jewel.

My inexperienced advice is to dedicate time to improve the handling in stock form (or at most, changing the gear ratios depending on the circuit), and once the proportion of time spended in the black zone exceeds whichever on the green, consider making changes to the settings.

Although each rig is different, for me this car is one of those in which you notice the subtle changes in weight when turning, the loss of grip, the skidding... In addition to good behavior, it's very good in the graphic section, the tires reflect wear visually, etc, etc, and although its performance may seem modest, it is very fun to drive on all types of circuits. That's why I think it's a top mod.

I both agree and disagree. I'm also rather average, I like the lower-powered classes, and agree that they absolutely reward delicacy and precision as well as 'listening' to what the car does.

Where I disagree is sticking with stock setting when a few simple adjustment can make a car much easier to drive. With the Van Diemen, where losing the rear is the main danger and getting it to turn in isn't difficult, I simply added some camber on the rear (same value on all four corners) and made the rear ARB one click softer. That's not a radical adjustment but makes things much more stable without requiring a different driving style. With other cars, I often make them more pointy by softening the front a bit and adding camber.

I don't have the skill and patience to develop setups so I stick to a few small adjustments I understand.

Have fun!

Hey Xezez,

Something clicked in my useless brain and I remembered I had seen that ratings.data file before and so I tested it by altering one of my 5 star cars (i only have a few of those because not many mods get 5 stars from me - only because I forget to rate them and can't be bothered any more)
Anyway it updated the ratings file and I figured that must mean something 😃

Thanks MrB00 for testing that. Much appreciated.

As it's getting late here on Arakkis, I'm going to look into all of this tomorrow once I've restored my brain and found the most recent backup file I can locate and try.

Extra config for Pembrey
before:
1715429266424.png

after:
1715429298625.png

I fixed some missing double-sided stuff like trees, fences, tire walls...
Added new grass_fx, rain_fx and some other adjustments.

To install it, just extract the zip file into the track folder and overwrite old config.
The old original config is backuped as ext_config_orig.ini
In case you don´t like my changes, name it back to ext_config.ini and delete mine and you´re fine. :)

Attachments

• extension.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 5
You have a backup of your brain?? 😜
We should all have a backup of our brains, but yes, admittedly that's not easy to do... ;)

Testing the "Brno Texture Update" for brno_circuit_reworked just posted in RD by ClimaxF1, I have realized that this track suffers the infamous "No Shadowed White Line Syndrome" (NSWLS for its acronym in English). Following the wise teachings of @MasterFocus I have made a small fix that surprisingly has worked despite me being a real dumb at these modding things... I'll leave it there, in case anyone want to add it to the mod.
You should add "trackborder" to your config

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows cast on white lines
MATERIALS= whiteline?, trackborder,
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

and you get this:
1715442854210.png

instead of this:
1715442899528.png

:)

I´m working on a better config etc. this track, but it´s still W.I.P. ....

Such different are tastes. This little ******* thing is much harder to drive than any RSS F1 car..... :odd: :D I am just spinning all the time and can`t really get in love with it :confused::crazy:

Such different are tastes. This little ******* thing is much harder to drive than any RSS F1 car..... :odd: :D I am just spinning all the time and can`t really get in love with it :confused::crazy:
Well, I love that mix of excitement of being on the brink of disaster but coming out successfully, and the anger when I finally go for a wirl on the grass.

I also have to say that I play offline and I don't have anything at stake, so I have nothing to lose. I don't care about making the best time, or being first; what matters to me is having a good time, even if it's fighting with the last ones on the grid. Less pressure, more fun, folks... 🥳

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back