Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,352 comments
Max said it was easy, Checo said it was hard, physics spot on lol
Max has only ever publicly commented on the RSS Formula Hybrid cars. He has never commented on these SimDream/RTT 2024 cars.

"For what it's worth, Max did actually say one of the RSS cars (2023? 22?) felt quite realistic. Wonder if he's gotten to try a VRC yet"

Yes, you beat me to it. It was the RSS 2022 car, if I remember correctly. A year and a half or so ago, a few months before the 2023 release.

He was largely complimentary in his ~30 second review. He said the car felt correct and the physics were quite good (with CSP, obviously), and the basic setup changes made available for the car do indeed roughly simulate what they do in real life. His issue was that the onboard DIFF settings do not quite work as they should - opening the diff simply loosens the car, whereas apparently in real life there is generally a feeling of more grip on the front loaded tire on corner entry when it's opened. That is apparently absent from the RSS car, it just feels binary "loose/locked", which isn't how it works in real life.

I am not good enough to use the onboard DIFF in the RSS car, so I can't say for myself. Lol. I'm more focused on keeping the car on the road. Safe to say I can trust him, though - and I hope RSS took the advice to heart (and felt good about praise from a soon to be 4 time World Champion).

Last edited:
Hi All, I have upgraded to CSP 0.2.3 and lost the mouse cursor and controls to apps in replay. Anyone else experienced that is there any way to get around that? Thanks.

edit: N/M I should have read the update info, when mouse steering is active, csp apps and F5 ignore mouse, no wonder......

Last edited:
do you know a Le Mans track mod with faster AI because at the last sector (starting at virage porsche) I gain too much time using the circuit de la sarthe 2017 with 4 variations from assettocorsa.club website.

I remember a guy I was subbed to on youtube brought this up. The guy your talking about is his buddy, crap I cant remember the guys name. He mainly talked F1 and has glasses, yup that nails it lol

Your right, I love RSS but man VRC is hard to beat. It got better with every patch too, wonder if they will do a 24 car or just update the 23.
The channel SimDream tried to get banned was SimRacing604.

one would think he hasn't driven many mods.. no idea, my sim rig in in Australia and I'm currently in Vietnam, so cant test it
I am still new to AC only started playing it last year but I have driven almost every single reputable known F1 mod for AC.

And has I said politics aside the RTT RB20 is one of the best F1 mods to come out this year.

I only have 661 hours in AC so not sure if that's a lot or not. certainly don't regard myself has an expert just stated
my opinion that the car is good. Someone else may thinks it is complete trash and that's also fine if we all liked the same
things we would all be with the same chic and nobody wants that!

661e.jpg

I am still new to AC only started playing it last year but I have driven almost every single reputable known F1 mod for AC.

And has I said politics aside the RTT RB20 is one of the best F1 mods to come out this year.

I only have 661 hours in AC so not sure if that's a lot or not. certainly don't regard myself has an expert just stated
my opinion that the car is good. Someone else may thinks it is complete trash and that's also fine if we all liked the same

View attachment 1355557
In what way are they better than VRC or RSS? Not asking, cause I don't believe you, but cause I heaven't tried these yet and am genuinely interested.

In what way are they better than VRC or RSS? Not asking, cause I don't believe you, but cause I heaven't tried these yet and am genuinely interested.
RTT claim they making each F1 mod based on the current 2024 F1 season performance numbers.

I have tested most of the F1 tracks raced on this year and the laptimes seem to be close or similar the the current RB20.
Other RB20 F1 mods seem to be way off in terms of Laptimes.

The latest updated version of the RTT RB20 V1.20, seems to achieve lap times very close the the real RB20.

Speaking of “best cars in AC”, IER’s latest creation has dropped in case anyone has missed it.

RTT claim they making each F1 mod based on the current 2024 F1 season performance numbers.

I have tested most of the F1 tracks raced on this year and the laptimes seem to be close or similar the the current RB20.

The latest updated version of the RTT RB20 V1.20, seems to achieve lap times very close the the real RB20.

they claim.

yet i found evidence that not only their Free Ferrari but the Aston and RB (didnt try the others) are using the exact same data as the free simdream Ferrari from 2023.

so if this doesnt warn you , i dont know what will.

Ofcourse if you like the car thats totally fine.
just .. be aware, if possible dont give them your hard earned money ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 1355557
what works for you is really all it is about. Best f1 mod? no idea, I steer clear of the modern stuff myself and generally prefer tin tops of lower formula cars, the Tatuus versions by G0D (aka Legion) being ones I tend to drive more than anything, though I maybe biased on that as I had a hand in getting him to do those cars, testing was done by people who worked on the cars in the races, or had actually driven the cars. Im not sure what RTT's mod is like, havent tried it, but havent tried the RSS or VRC late model f1 cars, though I have tried the RSS Formula 2 cars and thought they were great. is RTT one of the best mods to come out this year? Honestly I don't know and probably never will know. Is a mod the best because the laptimes are close to real life times, IMO, I dont think virtual laptimes and real life laptimes can really be compared. I know in a sim, I can drive my favourite track I raced on, and can get far faster times in the sim world than I can in reality, because in the sim world there is no real consequences for pushing too hard.
Just enjoy what you enjoy. You have logged more AC hours than I have, I have a total of 128 hours. I was racing sims 20 years ago where I spent far more time in game. I spend more time on the forums than the game now because my sim rig is buried under rubble in my mancave while I work on my slot car track, and I am generally only home 1 day a week, if I am lucky.

they claim.

yet i found evidence that not only their Free Ferrari but the Aston and RB (didnt try the others) are using the exact same data as the free simdream Ferrari from 2023.

so if this doesnt warn you , i dont know what will.

Ofcourse if you like the car thats totally fine.
just .. be aware, if possible dont give them your hard earned money ;)
Just to be clear so there is no confusion here. I am not defending SDD or whatever they did or claiming RTT is not part of
them or whether they have some connection or not etc...

I am just talking about the RB20 V1.20 mod itself nothing more, as I said I don't want to get involved in any politics. So this will be my last response on the matter. I don't have any affiliation with these companies so whether anyone buys their mods or not
makes no difference to me.

Sweet!

Last edited:
if you want some small evidence :

i compared the free Ferrari SF 24 from RTT to the Free Ferrari SF 23 from Simdream

either he stole from simdream, or......

btw you can compare any of the data, tyres engine .. they all match, or have some values changed from 3000 to 3001
View attachment 1355428View attachment 1355429
whats your point though? they stole from themselves? its not stolen from rss or vrc. RTT is simdream, everyone knows that, RTT cars are sold on simdreams new page. i think everyone with common sense that they are the same company,, but perhaps they are trying to do things the correct way now right? why not also complain about FSR.. they and other patreon paid pages more blatently steal from others... Even The R.A.C.E. project remakes Simdream old f1 mods and sells them. it seems everyone is stealing, but only Simdream get bashed on.

I'm glad that someone, had driven the RTT RB20 IRL, in order to give a real feedback about the driving.
Very cool, indeed. 👍
all you need to do is compare it to the ACFL 2024 rb20, or vrc alpha or RSS mod. The RTT(SIMDREAM) IS excellent, there is nothing there to bash on it. They made it, it looks great, sounds great, handles great.

Quick skin for Knockhill, primarily to replace the AC branding plus fix some other stuff.

1715768386877.png

Quick (mandatory) tip for VR users that experience flickering shadows when moving your head. The new CSP build has a fix that needs to be activated by you:
Untitled.png

(I personally reccomend to combine it with shadows res at 1024. This eliminates most of the horizontal aliasing on the first 100meters of shadows > if you turn also off Automatic Split, which is still on in the screenshot.)

Last edited:
whats your point though? they stole from themselves? its not stolen from rss or vrc. RTT is simdream, everyone knows that, RTT cars are sold on simdreams new page. i think everyone with common sense that they are the same company,, but perhaps they are trying to do things the correct way now right? why not also complain about FSR.. they and other patreon paid pages more blatently steal from others... Even The R.A.C.E. project remakes Simdream old f1 mods and sells them. it seems everyone is stealing, but only Simdream get bashed on.

my point is , as you have seen on the past 2 pages that indeed not everyone knows that rtt is simdream, i just try to warn people new to AC about them, thats it.
Btw FSR and the other patreon guys arent in any way better than sim dream.
Like i told earlier , if you are desperate to try these mods, there are places … where simdream doesnt profit from.

I haven't got any strong opinions here, but if you achieve similar laptimes as in real life races, something is obviously wrong...

But perhaps it has to be, in order for the game to be any fun?

For anyone that might have missed it.
I put together the real names for the VRC prototypes, the Peugeot and Ferrari. Simple little mod with the names changed in game. backup of the original data.acd is provided should online mismatches occur.
Hosted here on GTP downloads

do you happen to have a list with the wips you are working on and are next to be released?
I love your work but sometimes i loose track of some cars you have teased in the past.😅
all Cars W.I.P.

Audi R8 V8 Race Car (Typ 42) (NFS Shift2 model)
Audi R8R 1999 (complete rework)
Cadillac DPi-V.R (Grid Legends)
Chevy Impala SS Race Car (The Crew2)
Corvette C3 Race Car (The Crew2)
Corvette C3 Race Car 2 (The Crew2)
Corvette C7 Gr.4 (GTSport)
Dodge Charger´12 GR.3 (The Crew2)
Dodge Charger R/T HEMI´69 Race Car(The Crew2)
DMD P21 LMP2 (Race Room)
DMD P20 LMP (Race Room)
Ferrari 365 GTB /4 Race Car (The Crew2)
Ford GT Racecar (The Crew2)
Ford Mustang DTM 5.0 ´92 (Race Room)
Jaguar E-Type fantasy Racecar (The Crew2)
Jaguar XKR GR.3 (NFS Shift2)
Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG Race Car (The Crew2)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe (W196) (The Crew2)
Mistral M531 LMP2(Race Room)
Mistral M530 LMP (Race Room)
Porsche 935 2.0 (Baby) (The Crew2)
Porsche 962 C Team Joest´92 (Race Room)
Porsche Carerra GT Race Car (PC3)
Porsche 918 GT3LM (PC3)
Saleen S7-R ´05 (The Crew2)
Sigma P1 G5 (AMS2)
Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2-R (The Crew2)

maybe more....:indiff:

Last edited:
What are you guys thoughts about surfacesfx and the new couple test cars released in latest csp preview?

View attachment 1355613
Honestly, I don't have anything to say about surfacesfx, but I want to say that there is something special in new LCS, just try it.

new CSP / default weatherfx / LCS on / default filter

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-15 164017.png

new CSP / default weatherfx / LCS on / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-15 164026.png

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS on / pureLINEAR filter

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-15 164105.png

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS on / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-15 164121.png

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS off / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-15 164152.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-15 164203.png

I'm playing around with creating track skins and having trouble with them showing up first time around when selecting the skin. I've had to basically restart practice mode like 3x for my skin to take effect.

Do you know why this is and how I can get it to show up first time?

hey guys!
i am new in here.. like my name says. :D
tested AC with latest CSP preview and pure on january the first time.
i was instantly blown away by how much better and different this modded Sim is than EVERY other racing game or sim i used before.
My first entry in racing games was Forza Motorsport 4, which i love today, .. but then went to real Sims because of better physics.

this forum i am following for a month now.. it is pretty different stuff what i am finding here compared to YouTUbe or discords.
I like it, but some things are hyped in here which i do not understand, but i guess i will find out.
What i can say i am amazed by the number of modders which exists right now. Its crazy.

Cheers
your noob

Honestly, I don't have anything to say about surfacesfx, but I want to say that there is something special in new LCS, just try it.

new CSP / default weatherfx / LCS on / default filter

View attachment 1355618

new CSP / default weatherfx / LCS on / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

View attachment 1355619

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS on / pureLINEAR filter

View attachment 1355620

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS on / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

View attachment 1355621

View attachment 1355622

View attachment 1355623

that is for example one thing i am wondering: why so many use this LCS ppfilter pure life?
there are much better LCS filters out there on youtube for example.
or did i miss something on this one?

but i guess this will change again because pure now does support LCS. i was amazed, that LCS was release as i am just joining AC mods.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back