Autobacs Super GT Season 2 | Polling is Now Closed!!!

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 2,845 comments
10 drivers polled so far (Results)
-------------------------------------

Autobacs & FIA GT <----x4
Autobacs Only <----x6
-------------------------------------------
Americans <----x3
No Americans <----x7 (Closed)
2 Compounds <----x2
1 Compound <----x7 (Closed)
Soft <----x3
Med <----x2
Hard <----x4
Soft/Med <----x4
Med/Hard <----x3
Drivers Pick <----x10 (Closed)
Top 4 x0 <----x0
Zach & Joe <----x0
Autobacs Only Section
493hp <----x2
502hp <----x7 (Closed)
Heavy Damage <----x4
Light Damage <----x6
Weekly <----x4
Bi Weekly <----x5

*note this is a copy of the original poll; the top portion was for FIA GT, and the bottom portion was for Autobacs only! My 2nd post below is the Autobacs section only to simplify things from here on out since FIA GT is over now*

Last edited:
All Polls Close Friday
img.php

=======================
Autobacs Only Section
=======================
Hp/Reg Poll:
493hp <----x2
502hp <----x7 (Closed)

Damage Poll
Heavy Damage <----x4
Light Damage
<----x6
Race date Poll:
Weekly <----x4
Bi Weekly <----x5

Tire Combination Poll:
Soft/Med <----x2
Med/Hard <----x0
Rounds Poll:
8 Rounds <----x0
10 Rounds <----x0
( 10 Rounds = Team & Drivers Champion Award Picks gets fulfilled for S2)
--------------------------------------------
*7 votes is a automatic lockout*

Last edited:
Fresh:

Fuji F (not gt, theres no such layout irl)
Spa 24hrs
Sarthe 2013 24hrs
Tokyo R246 forward (reverse has busted pit entrance)

Mazda
Suzuka
Spa
GP/F
-10 Rounds
-Soft/Med

1. I have the best internet at 50down/25up. This will be 150down/70up in a week or two when I move. I can host if you guys want.
2. Fixed host makes the room shut down when the host disconnects. Whoever created the room will get host regardless of the fixed room host option.
3. Can someone who wants to race hard tires explain to me why?

Mazda
Suzuka
Spa
GP/F
-10 Rounds
-Soft/Med

1. I have the best internet at 50down/25up. This will be 150down/70up in a week or two when I move. I can host if you guys want.
2. Fixed host makes the room shut down when the host disconnects. Whoever created the room will get host regardless of the fixed room host option.
3. Can someone who wants to race hard tires explain to me why?
Softs I feel have grip levels similar to f1 I prefer the grip levels of the two harder compounds

Med/hard for me. Softs make it far to easy to control and leaves less chance of making mistakes.

Fuji f
Spa
Nurb GP/F
Spa

All Polls Close Friday
img.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok guys I will tally these recent polls up today from my work computer. Tonight the op will look as it will on the GT6 forum but I will officially move the op over to the GT6 side Friday Night when the polling closes.​

Motegi west
Daytona road course
Monaco
Deep forest forward
RM/RH
10 rounds
- ya softs have to much grip, not as fun to drive

You know softs are actually appropriate for super gt cars. Im sure fresh already explained why, but the Maserati MC12 that tried to join gt500 in 2005 went 2 SECONDS FASTER on GT500 tires than its FIA GT tires. If youre running gt3 with hard tires, GT500 should be mediums at least. Theyre just sprint races so they arent worried much about tire longevity.

BTW 10 rounds S/M

Med/hard for me. Softs make it far to easy to control and leaves less chance of making mistakes.

Fuji f
Spa
Nurb GP/F
Spa

So what you're saying is, you want less control and more mistakes? That doesn't make sence at all. In other words, running on race hards doesn't make sence. Being that we are trying for less mistakes and better driving.

So what you're saying is, you want less control and more mistakes? That doesn't make sence at all. In other words, running on race hards doesn't make sence. Being that we are trying for less mistakes and better driving.
Actually I think the hards and mediums are easier due to linear rate of grip loss I find Softs are very snappy
Mediums and hards still provide plenty of grip
joe wanted to make the series less predictable so make it harder to drive a clean race

No, what I'm saying is that softs are just point a drive until you pit, come out and do the same. Hards and meds don't make massive differences to the lap times but imo it takes a little more effort to drive.

It's not feathering the throttle I'm worried about I have pedals, it's drivers blocking the inside line from over aggressive drivers on the opening laps and walking up the track and hitting people. Or my favorite I didn't mean to run into you I got on the brakes but it didn't stop. Cam I saw at least 3 rounds from pure were you took damage early on and parked the car on the side of the road. Call me sensitive but your want of my favorites to race against I don't want to see you parking no cars,

Updated!!!

All Polls Close Friday
img.php

=======================
Autobacs Only Section
=======================
Hp/Reg Poll:
493hp <----x2
502hp <----x7 (Closed)
Damage Poll
Heavy Damage <----x4
Light Damage
<----x6
Race date Poll:
Weekly <----x4
Bi Weekly <----x5

Tire Combination Poll:
Soft/Med <----x5
Med/Hard <----x4
Rounds Poll:
8 Rounds <----x1
10 Rounds <----x6

( 10 Rounds = Team & Drivers Champion Award Picks gets fulfilled for S2)
--------------------------------------------
*7 votes is a automatic lockout*

You know when you pit you lose a good amount of time from your laps. And tire grip is reduced as well. So running hards is ok since you can go the whole race without changing tires. Thatd be ok but you dont have the option to only refuel during the pit stops. So you have to take tires, plus the two compound rule! Either way, youre going to lose a lot of time after your pit stop. Running hard tires will drop you to like sports soft level.

Track Polling Updated!!!
============================
img.php

---------------------------------------------------
Spa <----x9
Monza <----x3
Suzuka <----x2
Motegi <----x2
Nurburg GP/F <----x3
Fuji /F <----x3

Toyko Rev <----x1
Tokyo Fow <----x1
Mazda <----x1
Monaco <----x1
Trail Rev <----x1
SSR5 Rev <----x1
Deep Forest <----x1
Daytona Road <----x1
Hi Speed Ring <----x1
Sarthe <----x1
-----------------------------
note: bold shows S2 calender

Last edited:
You know when you pit you lose a good amount of time from your laps. And tire grip is reduced as well. So running hards is ok since you can go the whole race without changing tires. Thatd be ok but you dont have the option to only refuel during the pit stops. So you have to take tires, plus the two compound rule! Either way, youre going to lose a lot of time after your pit stop. Running hard tires will drop you to like sports soft level.

To touch on this even more if hards won we would run most of the race of meds, and dish out the hards after 8 laps anyways so wither or is a win/win situation at the end of things

Track Polling Updated!!!
============================
img.php

---------------------------------------------------
Spa <----x9
Monza <----x3
Suzuka <----x2
Motegi <----x2
Nurburg GP/F <----x2
Fuji /F <----x3

Toyko Rev <----x1
Tokyo Fow <----x1
Mazda <----x1
Monaco <----x1
Trail Rev <----x2
SSR5 Rev <----x1
Deep Forest <----x1
Daytona Road <----x1
Hi Speed Ring <----x1
Sarthe <----x1
-----------------------------
note: bold shows S2 calender

Championship Teams & Drivers its close to the time for you guys to start picking your tracks based off of the polling arrangement At 6 to1 its looking in the favor of the Championship Award to be fulfilled!

To touch on this even more if hards won we would run most of the race of meds, and dish out the hards after 8 laps anyways so wither or is a win/win situation at the end of things
If only it were that easy! So we found that after you pit, tire life goes down as well. Im not sure the exact amount, but I do know the tire life will be reduced even if you go to a harder compound.

I won't be parking any cars here and when I did on another series I must of had a good reason. I just find it more exciting when there is more at risk. Wether it's risking going for a move and taking or causing damage, or loosing grip coming out of a corner while battling with someone making the battle even more intense.

Back