Cell Phone Picture/Video Thread

• Thread starter Rossticles
  • 168 comments
Loved the place. Stopped just behind the Municipal Park, within easy walk of the old town. Great food and really nice people.
Fantastic. Good to know. 👍

Oh, and those "lapas" look terrific!

Fantastic. Good to know. 👍

Oh, and those "lapas" look terrific!
They were, great restaurant up past the Fort in the old town, view sitting outside was wonderful.

10561534_10152364692891843_8405277127332328484_n.jpg

You should be happy about that. It did great for such a dificult scenario. 👍

It's much better than the 5. In certain light conditions its a bit washed out colour wise.

One test shot (yes, all three are generated from one shot!) of the Galaxy 5S' Selective Focus.

Near focus, scaled 50%:

OTdqy7n.jpg

Far focus, scaled 50%:

CxrB87O.jpg

Pan focus, scaled 50%:

RxaHFfl.jpg

100% crop:

4wGOnC6.jpg

Besides cropping and scaling, nothing else has been done to them. I am absolutely, thoroughly impressed.

@TB A friend at work as the Galaxy and it does take some fantasic images, if I didnt go Apple this time around I'd gave been waiting on the Note 4.

Last edited:
TB
One test shot (yes, all three are generated from one shot!) of the Galaxy 5S' Selective Focus.

Besides cropping and scaling, nothing else has been done to them. I am absolutely, thoroughly impressed.
The other day, I got the Google Camera app for my Note 3, exactly to test that Selective Focus thingie.

It has its limitations and obviously will never substitute a bigger sensor, but I agree that it is quite impressive. And yours is the perfect example of that. 👍

What's the 35mm-equivalent focal length of the iPhone 6 camera, @Sprite? 28mm?

I'm not entirely sure. Some places have said its 29mm so your guess was pretty much spot on if they are correct.

All taken with 6+ and VSCO

And these are real Musket balls found by my pops while metal detecting. Not as impressive as it should be, they're everywhere round here.

Phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M.

Picture of my backyard with an Instagram "Kelvin" filter.

IMG_20141026_123454.jpg

This picture makes me wanna start my own cell phone photo gallery.

Evening over Grand Coulee Dam, Washington

Last edited:
18789201380_e787626181_c.jpg

From the train station this morning on my way to work. (Yep, I work all day on a Saturday!)

Back