Cell Phone Picture/Video Thread

• Thread starter Rossticles
  • 168 comments
Loved the place. Stopped just behind the Municipal Park, within easy walk of the old town. Great food and really nice people.
Fantastic. Good to know. đź‘Ť

Oh, and those "lapas" look terrific!

Fantastic. Good to know. đź‘Ť

Oh, and those "lapas" look terrific!
They were, great restaurant up past the Fort in the old town, view sitting outside was wonderful.

10561534_10152364692891843_8405277127332328484_n.jpg

You should be happy about that. It did great for such a dificult scenario. đź‘Ť

It's much better than the 5. In certain light conditions its a bit washed out colour wise.

One test shot (yes, all three are generated from one shot!) of the Galaxy 5S' Selective Focus.

Near focus, scaled 50%:

OTdqy7n.jpg

Far focus, scaled 50%:

CxrB87O.jpg

Pan focus, scaled 50%:

RxaHFfl.jpg

100% crop:

4wGOnC6.jpg

Besides cropping and scaling, nothing else has been done to them. I am absolutely, thoroughly impressed.

@TB A friend at work as the Galaxy and it does take some fantasic images, if I didnt go Apple this time around I'd gave been waiting on the Note 4.

Last edited:
TB
One test shot (yes, all three are generated from one shot!) of the Galaxy 5S' Selective Focus.

Besides cropping and scaling, nothing else has been done to them. I am absolutely, thoroughly impressed.
The other day, I got the Google Camera app for my Note 3, exactly to test that Selective Focus thingie.

It has its limitations and obviously will never substitute a bigger sensor, but I agree that it is quite impressive. And yours is the perfect example of that. đź‘Ť

What's the 35mm-equivalent focal length of the iPhone 6 camera, @Sprite? 28mm?

I'm not entirely sure. Some places have said its 29mm so your guess was pretty much spot on if they are correct.

All taken with 6+ and VSCO

And these are real Musket balls found by my pops while metal detecting. Not as impressive as it should be, they're everywhere round here.

Phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M.

Picture of my backyard with an Instagram "Kelvin" filter.

IMG_20141026_123454.jpg

This picture makes me wanna start my own cell phone photo gallery.

Evening over Grand Coulee Dam, Washington

Last edited:
18789201380_e787626181_c.jpg

From the train station this morning on my way to work. (Yep, I work all day on a Saturday!)

Back