Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,296 comments
Drew McIntyre not medically cleared yet so he has been pulled from the KOTR tournament, Jey Uso takes his place.

Is CM Punk booking KOTR or something? This feels like such a spiteful move to replace McIntyre with Jey Uso :lol:

Last edited:
So we had three matches in each of the King and Queen tournaments, the two that didn't take place are Kofi v Rey and Baszler v Vega and they will take place in live events over the weekend. Uso, Dragunov and Gunther progressed in the King with IYO, Valkyia and Stark progressing in the Queen, the Dragunov/Ricochet and Gunther/Sheamus matches were fantastic and the latter was the main event, Asuka didn't face Lyra Valkryia was was replaced by Dakota Kai.

The Smackdown side of the King tournament was revealed:

AJ Styles v Randy Orton
Baron Corbin v Carmelo Hayes
LA Knight v Santos Escobar
Bobby Lashley v Tama Tonga

No news of the Queen tournament on Smackdown yet.

Two other matches made for the Saudi show, a triple threat match for the Intercontinental title between champ Sami Zayn plus Bronson Reed and Chad Gable, also Becky Lynch defending her women's title against Liv Morgan, both those matches have been coming though.

There has been a change to the WWE ring announcers, NXT's Alicia Taylor will now be Smackdown announcer with Mike Rome switching to NXT. Taylor had been with NXT for six years so it is deserved.

Bobby Lashley has picked up an injury in training so is out of the KOTR tournament, he is being replaced by Angelo Dawkins who will face Tama Tonga in the first round. Its the third alteration to the tournaments already, no word yet on the extent of Bobby's injury or how long he will be out for.

Apologises for the double post but WWE have revealed the QOTR first round matches for Smackdown.

Bianca Belair v Candice La Rae
Naomi v Nia Jax
Jade Cargill v Piper Niven

Sounds fine to me.

I wonder what Chris Jericho is up to. I need to look it up online, or on Twitter. I'm sure I can find out what he's doing on there. I quit watching wrestling a couple years ago to focus on my health and I was thinking about it the other day. Rick Flair is getting on up there in age too. My grandpa was a huge fan of him back in the 80's and 90's.

Is CM Punk booking KOTR or something? This feels like such a spiteful move to replace McIntyre with Jey Uso :lol:
Idk, but there's been a lot of strange things going on there. It looked like CM Punk was real stressed in his last match.

So it will be Cody Rhodes v Logan Paul in Saudi in a Champion v Champion match, I think from the sounds of things that both titles will be on the line, its both a weird and curious move from WWE and I think it signals just how bad Smackdown got shafted in the Draft.

Solo Sikoa said to Heyman that he had heard from Roman and that he is in charge until he gets back, he was clearly lying though and I think he is taking orders from the Rock. Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill, Nia Jax, Carmelo Hayes, Tama Tonga and Randy Orton all progressed in the QOTR/KOTR. Both LA knight and Tiffany Stratton progressed in the live show last night, I don't like KOTR and QOTR matches in live events, I think it devalues the tournaments.

So it will be Cody Rhodes v Logan Paul in Saudi in a Champion v Champion match, I think from the sounds of things that both titles will be on the line, its both a weird and curious move from WWE and I think it signals just how bad Smackdown got shafted in the Draft.

Solo Sikoa said to Heyman that he had heard from Roman and that he is in charge until he gets back, he was clearly lying though and I think he is taking orders from the Rock. Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill, Nia Jax, Carmelo Hayes, Tama Tonga and Randy Orton all progressed in the QOTR/KOTR. Both LA knight and Tiffany Stratton progressed in the live show last night, I don't like KOTR and QOTR matches in live events, I think it devalues the tournaments.
I dont think Smackdown got shafted. Not many changes happened and the roster is pretty good (the only loss was Bron Breaker). This is what happens when you do 4 years of a brand just turning Main Event pushes into jobber matches for a single storyline (and seemingly keep doing it after). Without any baby faces that got pushed and no other heels could elavate themselves. People try to claim the storyline made stars but apart from Cody who was already a name thanks to AEW it never did.

LA Knight qualifier getting shafted to the Live Event when before jobbing to the Bloodline he was white hot is prime example of it.

Last edited:
The KOTR/QOTR injury curse has struck again, Zelina Vega this time has been pulled due to injury and has been replaced by Maxxine Dupri for the first round match against Shayna Baszler in the live event tonight. Fourth time this has happened already.

Advertised for Raw tonight.

Jey Uso v Ilja Dragunov (KOTR quarter final)
Shayna Baszler v IYO Sky (QOTR quarter final)
Gunther v Kofi Kingston (KOTR quarter final)
Lyra Valkryia v Zoey Stark (QOTR quarter final)

Teenage me was very happy with the appearance of Lilian Garcia

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The last gives a date of 16th of May 2024 but no WWE events are happening that day...
I think I figured it out. Yes the date is odd, but when you look at the "+Witch" writing, it almost looks like "Twitch". I don't know if WWE has an account, but that's what I'm getting at.

EDIT:
Turns out they do for The Bump, but they only stream Monday to Wednesday, so I don't know if they'll do a special for Thursday. I'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Gunther and Jey Uso have progressed to the Raw final of KOTR, bit of a surprise that Jey beat Ilja but I totally get them making us wait for Gunther v Ilja as it is something of a dream match, although they have actually fought in WWE before...

Lyra Valkryia and IYO Sky have progressed to the Raw final of QOTR, Damien Priest and Drew McIntyre had a great verbal back and forth to start the show in which Damien offered Drew a title match, it was easily Damien's best promo since becoming champion and he is really growing into the role which is great to see. Finn and JD are number one contenders to the tag titles after winning a fatal four way and that match could happen at the Saudi show.

Advertised for Smackdown in a bit.

LA Knight v Tama Tonga (KOTR quarter final)
Jade Cargill v Nia Jax (QOTR quarter final)
Bianca Belair v Tiffany Stratton (QOTR quarter final)
Randy Orton v Carmelo Hayes (KOTR quarter final)
Cody Rhodes and Logan Paul contract singing.

Back