Drag Tuning Guide For Various Cars

Which helped you tune your GTR Black Edition most?

• Total voters
It might not be the best and I'm not the greatest at tuning but I think the Ferrari 365 would be a beast in the right hands.

Guys just an quick update. I'm Working on good tuning guides for the Mitsubishi Evo. Vl and the mclaren mp4. They should be out by Friday or so. Also a quick question. What do you think is the best rear wheel drive drag car?

I have a secret car that is far from the fastest RWD car but it's is a HUGE surprise to a lot of people because it runs really high in the car classes for what it is, a lot of people underestimate this car. I'm not going to say what it is, I'm just going to let you find out on your own :lol:

I have a secret car that is far from the fastest RWD car but it's is a HUGE surprise to a lot of people because it runs really high in the car classes for what it is, a lot of people underestimate this car. I'm not going to say what it is, I'm just going to let you find out on your own :lol:
If you want it to be a secret, why advertise it? There's a lot of "fast" cars that aren't mainstream drag cars but I prefer them to be left that way.

I know what the super secret fast car is...........................anything i drive/tune :D

Just about any ride height can work on awd's depending on the tune.
A select few awd's ( mostly very low HP ) actually perform best with max/max ride height. ( not surprisingly this was applicable in GT5 as well )

As for the ZZ2. My preference is min/max.
This generally gives a slightly better 0-60, which is crucial for this car due to its relatively poor launch compared to GTR's.

Camber up front hasn't changed in GT6 as far as I'm concerned.
Cars were marginally quicker with it in GT5 and I sincerely doubt those lazy so & so's altered it for this installment.
But much like GT5 the difference online simply isn't noticeable. Pretty sure it was only good for around .003 in GT5 and I guarantee you, visually, you would never see the difference online and definitively say that it came from camber alone.

I keep hearing this nonsense about no rear toe for RWD's in GT6.
Anyone that has thoroughly tuned something like a Diablo GT2 will tell you.... Toe angles are still alive and well in this game.
Even so I have found that if you quick shift from first to second gear right after you launch, you get a killer launch( Ok I admit it. ArticTrust told me this and I found it was true. Lol)

Even so I have found that if you quick shift from first to second gear right after you launch, you get a killer launch( Ok I admit it. ArticTrust told me this and I found it was true. Lol)

I find the ZZII to be faster with a 1-2-3 quick shift, it's got a lot of power and it's really light weight that 1-2-3 quick shift helps a lot.

I know what it is the 2J

As much as I like getting the 2J to torture Veyron noobs, it's usually an auto-kick from lobbies. Behind the X1, easily the fastest non-nitrous car in the game - but only if you tune it properly.

Yeah, what Shake said. I don't even use the 2J at all, there's really no need for it besides to mess around with friends or take out a Veyron/SX4/Escudo.

It is too bad that the 2j was banned from racing in 1971. That could have been nascar's or even racing's future. I'm glad that Polyphony put the car in the game so we can all enjoy it. :)

It is too bad that the 2j was banned from racing in 1971. That could have been nascar's or even racing's future. I'm glad that Polyphony put the car in the game so we can all enjoy it. :)
The same, modern equivalent of technology is "used" for the X1 cars. I say "used" because they haven't been produced yet, but one day they will and it will be the end of old racecar technology.

The same, modern equivalent of technology is "used" for the X1 cars. I say "used" because they haven't been produced yet, but one day they will and it will be the end of old racecar technology.

Fun fact for the day, did you know that the 2J could go 60mph without even turning the main engine on? This technology might be good for fuel economy, a 30hp snow mobile engine can go 60mph, all car manufacturers need to do is find a way to make it go a bit faster for highways/freeways because I believe the speed limit for those is about 65-70mph at least in my state anyway.

Fun fact for the day, did you know that the 2J could go 60mph without even turning the main engine on? This technology might be good for fuel economy, a 30hp snow mobile engine can go 60mph, all car manufacturers need to do is find a way to make it go a bit faster for highways/freeways because I believe the speed limit for those is about 65-70mph at least in my state anyway.
Except the racecar was over 1000lbs lighter than a street car and had aerodynamic skirting to improve the suction. The concept wouldn't work on anything other than a clean racetrack, as the skirting would get clogged or ripped on regular roads. Cars weighing under 3000lbs with 100hp electric motors can still reach over 65mph and use no fuel so they are the future in green car technology. Either that, or natural gas/hydrogen cars.

Except the racecar was over 1000lbs lighter than a street car and had aerodynamic skirting to improve the suction. The concept wouldn't work on anything other than a clean racetrack, as the skirting would get clogged or ripped on regular roads. Cars weighing under 3000lbs with 100hp electric motors can still reach over 65mph and use no fuel so they are the future in green car technology. Either that, or natural gas/hydrogen cars.
Yeah and even if red bull x1s existed in real life, if they use that suction technology, would never race on tracks like la sarth because of all the bumps and debres on the track.

Yeah and even if red bull x1s existed in real life, if they use that suction technology, would never race on tracks like la sarth because of all the bumps and debres on the track.

Not to mention the Lateral G-Force would kill the average man. Anyone who'd want to drive a car like the X1 in real life would have to go through astronaut training just to be able to handle the G-Force and even then that car is like paper, one little bump and it's all over. The future of Formula 1 Twin Turbo charged V6's, sad just sad :(

Not to mention the Lateral G-Force would kill the average man. Anyone who'd want to drive a car like the X1 in real life would have to go through astronaut training just to be able to handle the G-Force and even then that car is like paper, one little bump and it's all over. The future of Formula 1 Twin Turbo charged V6's, sad just sad :(
I think that the best they could use is the red bull jr. Any other x1 would be a huge no no. Oh by the way what is your dream car mine is the Ford GT 90.

I think that the best they could use is the red bull jr. Any other x1 would be a huge no no. Oh by the way what is your dream car mine is the Ford GT 90.

I hate to tell you this but the GT90 is a concept car, it never made it to production, just like the CIEN it's very sadly not street legal :(

I'd have to say that my dream car is in fact the Lamborghini Aventador. I'd also like a Ferrari F50 and after seeing a C7 for the first time the other day I wouldn't mind having that either, they look so much better in person than in a picture, video, or game, I only wish I had my camera with me to take a picture of that Maroon goddess just sitting there in the parking lot begging me to get in her lol.

I hate to tell you this but the GT90 is a concept car, it never made it to production, just like the CIEN it's very sadly not street legal :(

I'd have to say that my dream car is in fact the Lamborghini Aventador. I'd also like a Ferrari F50 and after seeing a C7 for the first time the other day I wouldn't mind having that either, they look so much better in person than in a picture, video, or game, I only wish I had my camera with me to take a picture of that Maroon goddess just sitting there in the parking lot begging me to get in her lol.
Aww why do all if the best looking cars just have to be not produced I have no idea what I want now.

i was Suggesting the ford GT70 in the same way you suggest the GT40 '69

I thought you meant the GT90 because I've never heard of a GT70 and didn't think it was even real but I just looked it up and found out it is lol, it looks like a beast but PD would probably make it have like 300hp or something, if they were to put that in I'd like it to have at least 500hp so maybe it could run with some of the Evo's and STI's :D

I thought you meant the GT90 because I've never heard of a GT70 and didn't think it was even real but I just looked it up and found out it is lol, it looks like a beast but PD would probably make it have like 300hp or something, if they were to put that in I'd like it to have at least 500hp so maybe it could run with some of the Evo's and STI's :D

yeah, that would be awesome. i'd guess it would be a pretty good sleeper if given right stats. but like alot of classic cars i.e Ford rs200 or the older ferrari's PD just haven't shown them love

I'd personally take the GT90 over the 70, but they both seem pretty cool. The new Aston resembles the GT90 quite a bit, so we'll see how that runs at Indy if it's tune-able.

Latest Posts

Back