Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 655 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
1707477949737.png

Link

Last edited:
Wondering if they will offer the new wheel on it's own for gt dd pro wheelbase owners...
It looks like this wheel will show more information on the display and via leds (I just skimmed through the description and saw something about flags)

1300 euro and it comes with the plastic QR2........ 🤡🤡

Wondering if they will offer the new wheel on it's own for gt dd pro wheelbase owners...
It looks like this wheel will show more information on the display and via leds (I just skimmed through the description and saw something about flags)
They didn't offer the rim that came with the GT DD Pro so safe to assume this will remain as a bundle also . Might be down to Fanatec, might be down to Sony. No idea.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Reveals All-New Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel: Full Review

Fanatec has just revealed the “Gran Turismo DD Extreme”, a completely new product which is now the flagship in terms of Gran Turismo-branded hardware and will be used at all Gran Turismo World Series live events moving forward...

Direct embed of the video review:

Last edited:
The "FullForce" feature is about the only thing I'm interested in or gives me a sense of missing out.. But these wheels are way too expensive to be releasing new versions/features every year or even every other.

I bought the GT DD setup with the booster when that came out.. two years ago? I immediately ditched the Gran Turismo rim for a much more robust and flexible setup using the Podium Endurance module, Podium paddles, and one of the standard looking sports car rims. And now they expect me to throw all that to the side for "FullForce"? I spent like $2000 for all this stuff. Meanwhile, I had a Logitech G25 that lasted me like 10-15 years (I still have it :lol:)

I've said it before but I don't understand the need for more base power. The 8nm is already more powerful than I need. I didn't feel the QR2 system was necessary as I never felt like my wheel/hub setup was flimsy or flexing. As in the real world, you try your best to drive with a light touch to feel what the wheel/car is doing versus trying to white-knuckle, strong-arm the thing. I couldn't see myself using this new Gran Turismo wheel over my podium endurance wheel setup. I recall that the first GT wheel buttons/knobs weren't supported the best with GT7? Which I thought was kinda silly? Like for adjusting traction control and ABS etc.

I dunno. This just seems crazy and frustrating. Just patch FullForce into the original CSL/GT DD setup. It's not going to snap my wheel off with my metal hub/quick release 🙄 I'll sign a waiver if it makes them happy.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see if PD actually supports Full Force and to what extent. I hate their FFB implementation and I don't trust them to do anything until I see it lol. If better FFB hasn't been implemented on the DD-Pro because they've been working hard at this, all will be forgiven.

Great review, I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I wonder why this wasn't announced alongside the DD+? There surely are people who want this wheel but have already pre-ordered the standalone DD+ last year. Is it due to Sony's licensing procedure?:confused: It can't be a coincidence that this bundle is revealed just two days after the long-delayed DD+ has finally started shipping.

I'm looking forward to a modern driving sim wheel. By that I mean one that doesnt have a display or fancy visuals on it that are pointless expenditure as you can only see what the VR shows you anyway.
So it just has to feel right in the hands and the controls to match what you generally want to drive/sim.

I am looking to get a real ND MX-5 soon, i'm already thinking about I need a gearshifter for my rig and wondering how a real MX5 wheel could bolt on to a direct drive wheel base. So I am interested in these latest real feel base units.

Wonder how many who have the current DD+ on order will now cancel and switch to this?

I considered ordering the DD+ before upping my GT DD Pro to 8NM and a different wheel but figured something like this was in the pipeline and I wanted to let "1st gen" issues resolve themselves before I switched. Glad I did, but this may be under consideration later this year though my 8NM GT DD Pro has been more than enough for now..

Last edited:
I wonder why this wasn't announced alongside the DD+? There surely are people who want this wheel but have already pre-ordered the standalone DD+ last year. Is it due to Sony's licensing procedure?:confused: It can't be a coincidence that this bundle is revealed just two days after the long-delayed DD+ has finally started shipping.
This can't be emphasized enough, especially after the stupid interview he did saying he didn't want to upset DD buyers by announcing the DD+ a month later to justify allowing preorders earlier...
And then doing this.

I am honestly surprised how little love the Logitech GPro series seems to get. It comes with 11 Nm of torque (which, as I understand it the DD Pro comes with 4 Nm unless you pay for the upgrade kit for 8 Nm, still short of the Logi). I run mine at 7 Nm, so I'd have had to pay for the upgrade from Fanatec but the Logi is already there.

This new wheel from Fanatec looks pretty nice for sure, and it's definitely priced to match. For those who buy one, I just hope you get it before Q3 of this year. I really do. But it's unfortunate as that doesn't seem like the current state of affairs over there. When I bought my Logi Pro wheel, it traveled 2,500 miles (4,000 km) and was at my doorstep in two days.

Now if you're a big Fanatec fan, don't get your feathers in a bunch... all I am saying is if anyone is looking for a direct drive wheel don't look past the Logitech series.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard the term 'Vegan Leather'. Is it made by the same company who makes the Impossible Whooper?

Jerome

Pulled the trigger today after scrolling through some YouTube Shorts from Boosted Media.
Immediately put my GT DD Pro on sale and 2 hours later it was sold.
So now I'm sitting here here and waiting for that jugger to be delivered.

Bummer though by the time I was scrolling through the Fanatec Web Page it was down to be delivered within 4-7 Days, but unfortunately after I finally was able to finish the whole order process it changed to Availability 29th of February 😵‍💫
Ah well, no biggie... Time to take a break from GT7 then and finally get a chance to work through my pile of shame lying around here 😀

I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard the term 'Vegan Leather'. Is it made by the same company who makes the Impossible Whooper?

Jerome
It's basically pleather, with the more-exotic versions made from plants instead of petroleum.

Great review @Jordan

To me it will come down to how Full Force compares to True Force once implemented.
Yes but it is another mess, and bit of a shambles that the product will release with no supported title ready.

Also taking into account the delays and original idea to ship this pre-Christmas. So that would already have meant supposed owners would have been waiting all this time....

Yet it seems Fanatec are unable to keep themselves from getting into more discontent with their customer base.
Will buyers be waiting still for FF in GT7 at Easter, what about summer? It really needs an official statement, now not in several months time.

For me, no expected time frame or information about the FF title support expected for 2024. Not even a friggin video showing more about what it offers, or how/why it is better than what Logitech have done.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back