Formula 1 Heineken Silver Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 247 comments
Bit of bummer this tight chicane after the long straight could potentially kill every chance of a battle after beeing overtaken since it seems single file only.

That tight chicane looks like a fantastic mistake-generator, which will hopefully allow racing and passes into the final and first corner. Plus there's going to be cars in that wall at some point surely.

Need more info on Sainz. Something something broken floor?

edit: D'oh, session will not be resumed. 😔

Last edited:
Session is done. Wonder if this is the culprit.

Ocon & Zhou also sustained damage.

Edit* Ocon's car will have the chassis changed.

Carlos' car.
ouch.webp

Carlos' car caught on the Street camera when it hit the cover.

Ferrari.jpg

Damage to the Ferrari. Fred Vasseur is understandably angry; the monocoque, engine, & battery all sustained damaged. Car will clearly miss FP2 & cost Ferrari a fortune to fix. Fred is declining any other questions pertaining to the event.

Another view of Carlos' car at the impact.

Last edited:
One word: Hahahahahahahahaha.

(Not aimed at those with damaged cars. They have my greatest sympathies. Aimed at Liberty Media for their own self-congratulation blowing up in their face nine minutes in.)

Last edited:
The old rule about circuits hosting a non-championship race to prove its worth ought to be brought back.

Keep these 🤬clocks away from the calendar unless they have proven they can host. Otherwise these bung tracks should stay as non-championship exhibitions full stop.

I don't think I've ever been less interested in watching an F1 GP in all the 30 odd years of watching. Stupid time of the year to host Vegas, poor planning, style over substance, bad track layout, drains. Hopefully they can't repair it in time and we won't have a GP this weekend. I'd love to see egg on face for the Liberty suits.

Guess they haven't learned anything. Didn't a manhole cover took out someone in Baku during a practice session a few years back? Surely after that they would know that this is bound to happen on street tracks and take necessary measures?

Even though it has happened before this is especially embarrassing here. Damn.

FP2 will start at 2am local time and run for 90 minutes. I’m sure the drivers want to be racing around a crappy track until 3.30am.

I'm enjoying this start to the weekend.

They gambled with the manhole covers I see. We are on the Las Vegas Strip after all.
Guess they haven't learned anything. Didn't a manhole cover took out someone in Baku during a practice session a few years back? Surely after that they would know that this is bound to happen on street tracks and take necessary measures?
That would be Russell who drove over one. Then there was more comedy to follow as the crane of the truck hit a gantry and began leaking oil on the Williams :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Will Sainz be penalized for changing the engine?
If so, if I were Ferrari I would be very angry with the FIA.
Sainz starting from the back of the grid could cost them losing the options they had of chasing Mercedes in the constructor standings.

That's a lot of empty seats.

Edit

Aaand another delay. 2.30 start time. Good job F1. Good job.

Edit.

Fan zones have been cleared due to logistic reasons?

Last edited:
Will Sainz be penalized for changing the engine?
If so, if I were Ferrari I would be very angry with the FIA.
Sainz starting from the back of the grid could cost them losing the options they had of chasing Mercedes in the constructor standings.
Yes, been confirmed that the appeal to not have a drop due to the circumstances has been rejected.

What a farce. Drivers will be out on circuit until 4am if FP2 goes ahead.

edit: They're now repairing a hole next to the pit entry with 10 minutes until the session.

Last edited:
Fans had to leave the grandstands and zones before FP2 because security has gone off shift. Racing round an empty track now, its like the Covid days are back.

What a fantastic advert for F1.

Fans had to leave the grandstands and zones before FP2 because security has gone off shift. Racing round an empty track now, its like the Covid days are back.

What a fantastic advert for F1.

Money well spent.

sucker-loser.gif

Last edited:
Doesn't the track reopen for day to day traffic immediately after this session too? Gonna be a fun rush hour.

I know it's still practice but I expected Mercedes to be struggling here but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can't quite get a read on the McLaren. Ferrari is performing as I expected, this could really be Ferrari's race to lose.

Last edited:
Back