Formula 1 Heineken Silver Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 247 comments
3.20 am and there are still cars out on track, but fans have been sent home. 10-place grid penalty for Sainz.

Farcical.

It's going to be DRS train galore on Sunday Saturday.
I think it will depend on what car is the lead of the train. From the looks of it, no one is going to want to be stuck behind a Williams or a Ferrari as they seem to be the fastest on the straights.

I genuinely thought he was being sarcastic, until I realised that he wasn't.

Given the massive investment by Liberty Media in this race, you have to wonder if the billionaire Toto Wolff is taking it so personally for some specific reason...

I was a little bit bemused by that press conference - I genuinely thought he was being sarcastic, until I realised that he wasn't.
Reminded me of this old favourite.

1700221699769.png

They look pretty terrible right now, but the track should suit them.

I'd be surprised if Lando wasn't in the mix.
I wonder what their issue is because the car currently looks very slow.

I thought Aston Martin might struggle since they struggled at Spa and Monza but they are also looking good here.

What is stupid is the FIA can bring in a rule change under "Safety" pretty much instantly, yet they cant update a damn rule that caused damage because they wanted a new track built in a year.

Feel sorry for Sainz.
Loose drain cover damaged his car and then he gets a 10place penalty for it.
Reminds me of when Jeff Gordon had a piece of track damage his car in the middle of a race while he was leading back in 2003. Penalize the driver for something that the race organizers should prevent from happening.

I cant believe it I loved this movie as a kid lmaoo

Now im 30 years old and I realised what a garbage movie it is. Still seeing Indy cars on the streets still mesmerised me as a kid despite how corny it was.
I love it even more today due to the cringeness and understanding what's all wrong with it. Same for the Fast and Furious 1-5, Initial D, Redline, Torque, Born to race, etc. :D

All this race is doing is showing how much of a joke F1 has turned into under Liberty Media. I've been watching the sport for over 30 years and can easily say this is the worst season I've ever seen.
Did Liberty Media develop the RB19?

Did Liberty Media develop the RB19?
No but they can't seem to run a sport with any kind of consistency of rules or application of them. Every year the stewarding has reached a new low. And this season is no exception.

You can't tell me this sport is legitimate after how Sainz is getting screwed because they can't build a proper race surface.

Last edited:
No but they can't seem to run a sport with any kind of consistency of rules or application of them. Every year the stewarding has reached a new low. And this season is no exception.
I'm not sure if Liberty media is responsible for the rules and how they are applied and managed.

Liberty does the commercial stuff, the FIA sets the rules and regulations.
Thought so. While yes, ethically Liberty Media should feel ashamed for what's becoming of the sport, but ultimately they have no business meddling with the internal workings of the sport, which is the rules for example.

Fans kicked out before practice. We need someone to come up with a worthy alternative to this so-called pinnacle of motorsport as soon as possible.

Back