Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,895 comments
What would honestly be better is Turn Ten adding them to the "Buy or rent cars" feature.
True.
* jumping into the thread from nowhere *

Since I'm aware of Forza Motorsport's FOMO dynamics...

If I buy it right now, what contents have I irremediably lost?
2020 Acura ARX DPi
1965 Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA
2020 Audi R8 V10 performance
Ferrari 488 GTB
Ferrari 599XX
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670-4 SV
McLaren 650S Coupe
Pagani Huayra R
Pagani Cinque Roadster
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS
1974 Porsche #1 911 RSR

Current reward cars:
1977 Renault RS01
1964 Brabham BT8

What would honestly be better is Turn Ten adding them to the "Buy or rent cars" feature.
Or reimplementing the Auction house and letting the players buy, sell and trade amongst each other. The reward car Audi R8 we got early on, is too much like the one that anyone can buy. It would be nice if I could sell it to a player that wanted to use it. The same goes for the Ferrari 488 GTB. I think the Pista is much better in almost every aspect, even though the 488 is not in the same PI class as the Pista. I'd auction off that one too.

Last edited:
Or reimplementing the Auction house and letting the players buy, sell and trade amongst each other. The reward car Audi R8 we got early on, is too much like the one that anyone can buy. It would be nice if I could sell it to a player that wanted to use it. The same goes for the Ferrari 488 GTB. I think the Pista is much better in almost every aspect, even though the 488 is not in the same PI class as the Pista. I'd auction off that one too.
The come-and-go aspect will still be around, and the Auction House doesn't necessarily solve this either, as it is quite competitive, not to mention supply and demand of certain cars.

* jumping into the thread from nowhere *

Since I'm aware of Forza Motorsport's FOMO dynamics...

If I buy it right now, what contents have I irremediably lost?
This site is best. They track car details and where you got the car from:
Every single car on this list is in the normal showroom, except for the tour rewards.

They also have a category for Tour Rewards:
Although they don't have the previous or current ones yet.

Now remember that you can earn 4 Tour Rewards for the tours which never leave the game, but the rest are rewards which appeared every month:
1714662150569.png

The ones in game permanently are:
Ford GT
Lexus LFA
Dodge Demon
Porsche 911 GT2 (1995)

The others on this list are no longer available, but I assume they will come back again somehow in the future.
FM7 made all temporary cars available again in the car showroom after a while, for example.

P.S. Each month they release at least 4 showcase cars, which are free and go straight to the showroom. Plus 2 tour rewards (for the Featured and Open tours) which you have to collect within that month.

Last edited:
2 weeks from now on. They've said there will be additional week for one spotlight car, so perhaps upcoming update will be very welcoming in terms of content
I'm curious to see how they'll handle the addition of cars post-Car Pass, other than the two FOMO cars.

Maybe they'll give out 8 spotlight cars? Or release 4 new to Forza models as Spotlight Cars? Or will they pull a Horizon 5 and constantly throw recycled cars till the 15th update? Hopefully, the May update would at least feature some Indycars, from the past and present since the Indy 500 will occur on May 26 this year.

I'll plan to compile a list of XBOX-One era cars missing in Forza Motorsport soon and upload it here.

IMO, if T10 were to push thru with their "division of Forza GT" under the end of Trans-Am, I have no clue on how they'll compensate the players who don't have the Car Pass, since the only thing that is potentially free for them is the Camaro TA that got leaked.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how they'll handle the addition of cars post-Car Pass, other than the two FOMO cars.

Maybe they'll give out 8 spotlight cars? Or release 4 new to Forza models as Spotlight Cars?
That sounds about right. I would expect at least around a dozen cars with a mix of new to FM and some recycles each update. But im also curious if we will eventually get some kind of expansion(s). Those would sometimes come with a new track and a bunch of cars in itself. Either way im itching for some more cars and despite some people being disappointed with the car pass cars, I was actually impressd with most of the inclusions. It shows me the depth of how T10 picks cars and gives me hope many divisions could be filled up with some goodies in due time.

I feel like we need an "Optimistic" option for the little "like" reactions thing... but not sure what it would look like I guess.
P.S. Each month they release at least 4 showcase cars, which are free and go straight to the showroom. Plus 2 tour rewards (for the Featured and Open tours) which you have to collect within that month.
The Showcase cars aren't necessarily new though, particularly lately they have just been cars already in the game that get discounted. With how quickly they fell off with including Showcase cars as new cars to the game, I find it hard to be too optimistic about them being mostly new cars in the future, but maybe the end of the Car Pass will change that.

What's especially ridiculous is putting all of the resources into building a car and then having it never return. Surely they're planning for them to come back...well at least I hope.
They haven't let that stop them before really. Just on the Motorsport side in various titles, cars like the MGA, '77 Vantage, and Opel Manta were all super exclusive at one point or another. The MGA for example was available once for a Rivals reward, then it took something like 4 years for it to be available again, long after most had abandoned the game.

I really hope that by Update 8, they really stop with these come-and-go mechanics and make all cars that were tour rewards available to buy and/or rent in the game, not to mention, all tours being permanent.
I'd like to see it too, but I really wouldn't get your hopes up. The Horizon series has been plugging along with FOMO and tedious seemingly RNG-created championships and "challenges" (generous term for them though) for years so that seems to be the Game Pass "engagement" formula that works it seems... Whether or not that will work for FM8 though is yet to be seen I guess.

I'd like to see it too, but I really wouldn't get your hopes up. The Horizon series has been plugging along with FOMO and tedious seemingly RNG-created championships and "challenges" (generous term for them though) for years so that seems to be the Game Pass "engagement" formula that works it seems... Whether or not that will work for FM8 though is yet to be seen I guess.
RNG???

Apparently, the suggestion of making all tour reward cars available to buy or rent in Free Play is currently the most voted idea in the Forza forums, following the addressing of the largest complaint at the time, which was the car progression system.

They could really make it in a way where if you complete the featured and Open Series tour, you get the car in question for free, but you'll have to buy it if you choose not to play through them. Even then, you'll still need to grind a bit to buy them. That way, no car gets left behind. But then again, you can rent them in Free Play if you want to jump right into the action.

Having all tours permanently added to the main Builders' Cup experience would also go hand-in-hand as well, considering how barebones the career mode actually is. Making them permanent will make the game more user-friendly and will increase the replay value.

These come-and-go mechanics seriously need to stop in FM8 as soon as Update 8, or eventually. Turn Ten just needs to address this and reassure us that they'll do something to make these cars available to buy or rent in Free Play, and perhaps make all tours permanent.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Game Pass, and it's a tactic just to get people to panic-play. They can remove these mechanics to actually improve sales of the game and increase player count.

In fact, I'm not even subscribed to Xbox Game Pass and yet they're still shoving this down the throats of players.

Last edited:
RNG???

Apparently, the suggestion of making all tour reward cars available to buy or rent in Free Play is currently the most voted idea in the Forza forums, following the addressing of the largest complaint at the time, which was the car progression system.

They could really make it in a way where if you complete the featured and Open Series tour, you get the car in question for free, but you'll have to buy it if you choose not to play through them. Even then, you'll still need to grind a bit to buy them. That way, no car gets left behind. But then again, you can rent them in Free Play if you want to jump right into the action.

Having all tours permanently added to the main Builders' Cup experience would also go hand-in-hand as well, considering how barebones the career mode actually is. Making them permanent will make the game more user-friendly and will increase the replay value.

These come-and-go mechanics seriously need to stop in FM8 as soon as Update 8, or eventually. Turn Ten just needs to address this and reassure us that they'll do something to make these cars available to buy or rent in Free Play, and perhaps make all tours permanent.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Game Pass, and it's a tactic just to get people to panic-play. They can remove these mechanics to actually improve sales of the game and increase player count.
I agree.

Easiest way would be to make the tours permanent. So that people will have to play them (at the leisure) to obtain the cars. Once unlocked, these cars should be available for purchase in the autoshow (for duplicates). There's no auction house to circumvent completing a tour, so T10 get their "player engagement" and players can get the car without FOMO. Once a tour is completed, the reward car should be replaced with a set amount of credits (maybe 100,000 Cr).

This way they can build up, frankly what is a "malnourished" career mode, with (comparatively) more creative events because of the car categories (12 cyl, 10 cyl, awd, Daytona sports cars etc.)

It also has some semblance of being player friendly.

FM doesn't work well with FOMO. At least not as well as FH5, simply because FH5 has multiple ways to reach the points target to obtain the car, along with event variety.

Oh and every car being rentable is a must. (except maybe DLC cars, but even FH5 lets you temporarily sample DLC cars in the monthly rivals sometimes)

Last edited:
You know, I've been rewatching Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars getting Coffee and I love how he introduces the cars in that show and talks about its features, with emphasis on the funny and quirky bits, of course (Clarkson did some of that too, but he also notoriously BURNED some of them, and got away with it). I would love that kind of presentation in FM for each and every car, just not with the uppity English narrator dude.

FM doesn't work well with FOMO.
Unfortunately this is the price we're paying for modern gaming. There's over 500 live-service games and 80% of them are bad. Fortnite for example is a good one but that's just my opinion.

I would love that kind of presentation in FM for each and every car, just not with the uppity English narrator dude.
Same here but I think this generic guy is likely AI-generated voiceovers, something that's been catching up as of late. I'm not a fan of anything made by AI and I am a firm believer that AI should have limits.

43bda592-5fcd-4357-99c0-ed68e5818c7e.png

The 962 is so fast it almost feels like cheating to use it in the Consumption Racers Tour. Fully upgraded it tops out at almost 400 km/h with full downforce 🤯

Like someone else mentioned above, the length of the current season/update is only one week longer compared to the the previous ones. But somehow it feels like forever since we had an update now IMO.

It also feels somewhat sad to know that there'll be no new track for another month. Anyway, I'm keeping fingers crossed for some new interesting cars and some good changes to AI and FRR in the next update.

View attachment 1353026
The 962 is so fast it almost feels like cheating to use it in the Consumption Racers Tour. Fully upgraded it tops out at almost 400 km/h with full downforce 🤯

I picked it on a whim, didn't realise it was OP but it made the tour pretty easy, I screwed up 1 race but ended up 2nd still, 1st in every other race, and I kept the car stock, certainly a different experience than the other tours this month.

They've been my favourite so far since release, I suspect T10 will get some predictable results when they post the poll on this months content

View attachment 1353026

Like someone else mentioned above, the length of the current season/update is only one week longer compared to the the previous ones. But somehow it feels like forever since we had an update now IMO.

It also feels somewhat sad to know that there'll be no new track for another month. Anyway, I'm keeping fingers crossed for some new interesting cars and some good changes to AI and FRR in the next update.
Next Monday we should have news on update 8 hopefully, if not by the end of this coming week.

Cars rewarded by finishing a tour (series of single player/career races), ranging from sport cars to race cars as far i'm aware. Also the tours that are tied to the reward cars are also gone. No sign of them bringing the cars back.

^ and this is why I think this is one of the worst trends in gaming recently. Even worse than microtransactions. Those cars amd events are lost forever until devs decide to bring them back.

I don't what it is with this game but I just can't get back into it. I'm not sure if it's the controller, the physics or both, but I just find it harder to play and less responsive than GT7 and Assetto Corsa Competizione. The input lag is soo obvious and I find it hard to pick up the throttle out of the corners sometimes. It's not very smooth. I need instant feedback when I move the left analog stick or else it compromises my throttle control. Speaking of which, I can only get one finger on the right trigger compared to 2 on the PS5, which reduces accuracy and makes it harder for me to get back to the throttle smoothly. I also find the controller harder to hold because I can't get a strong grip on it compared to the PS5 controller. I'm doing a lot of extra work and it's not fun. I guess the PlayStation works better for me.

View attachment 1353026
I felt the same way, except I used its predecessor, the Porsche 956. Still an absolute beast on the straights, even on the home straight at Daytona where 250mph is possible, and don't forget the Le Mans Mulsanne circuit where the speed is almost comparable to a stock Bugatti Divo, at around 261mph.

It seriously films B-roll footage all over the track, with the second fastest car barely able to keep up. Common rivals for me included its successor, the 962 C, including other such Group C cars like the Jaguar XJR-5 and 9, as well as the Mazda 787B.

Just watch out for the wheelspin on the first two gears, though.

You'd be doing great enough with the 956 with upgrades such as a de-restricted engine, race brakes and full rear tire width just to get it below a PP level of 998 at best, before it reaches X-class.

This also makes me wonder why in GT7, they never bothered to add the longtail 962. (The model there is a shorttail version.)

Last edited:
I felt the same way, except I used its predecessor, the Porsche 956. Still an absolute beast on the straights, even on the home straight at Daytona where 250mph is possible, and don't forget the Le Mans Mulsanne circuit where the speed is almost comparable to a stock Bugatti Divo, at around 261mph.

It seriously films B-roll footage all over the track, with the second fastest car barely able to keep up. Common rivals for me included its successor, the 962 C, including other such Group C cars like the Jaguar XJR-5 and 9, as well as the Mazda 787B.

Just watch out for the wheelspin on the first two gears, though.

You'd be doing great enough with the 956 with upgrades such as a de-restricted engine, race brakes and full rear tire width just to get it below a PP level of 998 at best, before it reaches X-class.

This also makes me wonder why in GT7, they never bothered to add the longtail 962. (The model there is a shorttail version.)
When the 956 was first listed I was hoping it was the short tail version to differentiate a little from the 962 in game now but oh well. They look almost identical being both long tail versions.

When the 956 was first listed I was hoping it was the short tail version to differentiate a little from the 962 in game now but oh well. They look almost identical being both long tail versions.
Yeah I looked at the available cars before I looked at what I could use from my garage and thought, "I've got a 962", but then found out it was a 956. It's low speed turning wasn't the greatest like on the infield at Daytona but it could zip through the LeMans chicane pretty easily. BTW, I left it completely stock for the whole challenge.

Last edited:
Back