Gold times after update 1.13

awesome!
before update Nordschleife CE full lap: 6'46''556, after update: 6'37'231, almost 10 sec faster with dualsense. It was still hard tho.

For me the physics are ok now, a lot less frustrating

I'm less annoyed by hard work being erased, it's just more content essentially at the end of the day, but what I am annoyed about is there being basically no benchmark anymore. I had a long friends list of gt players for my friends leaderboard that I could compare myself to, but now with the new physics all those times are meaningless and I doubt many people are going to go back and do all the licenses and CE again to set new times. There's also no way to even tell if a time was set pre or post 1.13, so it's even more difficult to have any benchmark.

I'm considering starting a thread on here to do like a community leaderboard for post-1.13 license tests and circuit experiences, where people can post their times that they've set since the update, but I'm not sure how many people would care and/or want to contribute to that. Would any of you be interested?

awesome!
before update Nordschleife CE full lap: 6'46''556, after update: 6'37'231, almost 10 sec faster with dualsense. It was still hard tho.

For me the physics are ok now, a lot less frustrating
Nice! Congrats on the green hell, if you can gold that the rest is peanuts 😃 (not entirely true, but it was one of the most frustrating ones imo)

I'm less annoyed by hard work being erased, it's just more content essentially at the end of the day, but what I am annoyed about is there being basically no benchmark anymore. I had a long friends list of gt players for my friends leaderboard that I could compare myself to, but now with the new physics all those times are meaningless and I doubt many people are going to go back and do all the licenses and CE again to set new times. There's also no way to even tell if a time was set pre or post 1.13, so it's even more difficult to have any benchmark.

I'm considering starting a thread on here to do like a community leaderboard for post-1.13 license tests and circuit experiences, where people can post their times that they've set since the update, but I'm not sure how many people would care and/or want to contribute to that. Would any of you be interested?
Exactly, this is again the point I was trying to make.
But still alot of people apparently don't care I notice 🙃 😕

Did I miss something? Did the times come down or is it just the revised physics that make it easier?

I haven't focused hard on the missions and had two that were being a pig - the Merc-McLaren SLR on the Nurb and the drifting. Both of which I managed to gold yesterday with limited tries.

It's an odd thing to complain about. Yes, the revised physics make them easier, but the revised physics bring the vehicles more in line with how they should handle, so your complaint is essentially that you were really good at handling cars that werenty handling properly, and now that they handle better, a lot more people are completing the challenges and you're not happy about that.

If you're upset about people posting quicker times, go and redo your times. The revised physics should make it a lot easier for quicker drives to drive even quicker!

As a matter of interest, what tracks have the easiest CE gold?
Would say Broad Bean was quiet easy in the Atenza. After golding sector 1 the rest was easy and I made the full lap in the first attempt gold before the update. Pretty sure it will be easier now.

My last license missing on gold before the update was S10 at Spa partly wet in the 917. Couldn't play the last two weeks and had only a close bronze before with around 10 seconds missing to gold. Made gold yesterday with ~2 seconds faster as needed for gold despite having to groove in again in ~45 minutes. 12 seconds faster in under an hour after 2 weeks off. Doesn't seem right to me. I'm a B-class player on controller and it was fine for me not easily reaching gold in S10. But I also understand PD they don't want to knock too many people off without chances for them to gold licenses and circuit experiences. Pretty sure now everyone as fast as a low c-class player can gold everything now without too much effort.

Last edited:
Before the update I couldn't complete Le Mans, Autopolis and Leguna Seca 1 laps. Afterwards I was able to do golds within 3 laps each. Bit disappointing but the overall update was for the better.

It could be worse, PD could have reset all the leader boards ;)

I went from 6:44 to 6:35 (after 700 km trying today, still not easy) I could probably go lower as I discovered some big time gains when doing the individual sectors after. (Turns out I was shifting down too much, 0.5 sec faster in a couple sectors by simply staying in a higher gear) But had enough of the time trial 'format', gives me a headache.

I started by doing 4 x 30 minute (5 lap) endurance races in that car, starting last in one make with pro AI. Bunch of ***** but more fun than driving alone. After my optimal hit the required time in the 3rd race I did anther so see if I could put the lap together. Turned out my oil had already worn and the car wasn't getting up to full speed anymore :lol: What kind of oil does PD use that doesn't even last 2 hours :banghead:

Much more fun to learn the car that way and interesting to see the impact of different (dry) weather settings on handling. Not very useful for the actual challenge as the physics (or rather track temperature) is different again. These tests need a Sarah free practice mode with identical settings.

Yeah if you even try to attempt to crack the GT's aliens times you may as well have plenty of soda/snacks cause it'll take days, even months to beat. It's pointless as there is no reward for beating them.

Did I miss something? Did the times come down or is it just the revised physics that make it easier?

I haven't focused hard on the missions and had two that were being a pig - the Merc-McLaren SLR on the Nurb and the drifting. Both of which I managed to gold yesterday with limited tries.

It's an odd thing to complain about. Yes, the revised physics make them easier, but the revised physics bring the vehicles more in line with how they should handle, so your complaint is essentially that you were really good at handling cars that werenty handling properly, and now that they handle better, a lot more people are completing the challenges and you're not happy about that.

If you're upset about people posting quicker times, go and redo your times. The revised physics should make it a lot easier for quicker drives to drive even quicker!
You did miss something indeed, and no the times are not changed just the physics.
I don't care that more people get golds, that is completely not my point.
True I did found my way in the "not properly handling cars" and some things were hard to get gold, but i managed.
So the handling wasnt that poor after all imo, besides i'm on DS4 and is was doable, just needed to practice, search the corners where to get that little extra time, so i did several licence and CE's OVER and OVER again to finally nail them, and setting a gold time should be that hard!.
I just don't think you should lower the bar (in this case by editing the physics that much) cause people aren't willing to put that extra time in.

But that more people can now achieve better times is a plus ofcourse!

Before the update I couldn't complete Le Mans, Autopolis and Leguna Seca 1 laps. Afterwards I was able to do golds within 3 laps each. Bit disappointing but the overall update was for the better.
Yes, good example,
But indeed it is for the better and fun for more people :-)

This kind of misses the point though. Without leaderboards or gold/silver/bronze times, licenses and circuit experiences are pretty useless. It's just driving a random car around a section of a track. The entire point is to compare yourself against some benchmark, whether the gold time or your friend leaderboards or the demonstration ghost's time or whatever else.

A lot of cars are now significantly faster, sometimes like seconds a lap faster. PD hasn't adjusted any times or replaced any demo laps. This makes any previous benchmarks completely useless. Did you actually drive fast enough for gold or is it just the new physics? Are you actually the fastest person on your friends list or is it the physics? Not too many people are going to go back and redo all the licenses and CE's just to redo their times on the new physics. And even if they do, there's no way to see what times on your friend leaderboard were done pre-1.13 or post-1.13

Now this doesn't mean that PD shouldn't make physics changes. If it needs to be done it needs to be done, and I have a positive opinion of the new physics for the most part. But it should come with new G/S/B requirements, new demonstration laps, and either leaderboard resets or at least some indication of which physics version the time is from.

And an even bigger thing that would alleviate this issue is just having global leaderboards for God's sake. I loaded up F1 2021 for the first time a couple days ago to try it out, I went straight into time trial mode just to drive around and learn the physics, and after my first lap (where I spun lol) a notification popped up saying "you're now 232632 in the world". The fact that PD spends so much time on time trial-y sort of things in single player and yet doesn't actually give us any ability to actually time trial with them is just so dumb. I don't get it.

Yes, it's a joke what they did BUT seeing as I have 0 SEN friends on my PS4 - I couldn't care less about the leaderboards.

I only regret doing those and spending needless hours only for it to become much better now.

Before 1.13 on the Ring I could do 6:34ish, now I can stay ahead of the ghost which ran 6:28.

Last edited:
You hard work has not been erased, you will still be considerably better than someone starting now with the new physics, and better than someone who was slower than you with the old physics.
Well, no, I won't. If someone was 0.5 secs slower than me before, and the new physics makes everyone 1 second faster, they'll now be 0.5 seconds faster than me unless I spend tens of hours repeating what I've already done, all for zero credits.

What's odd is I was doing Laguna seca circuit experience, gold in all sectors, but was about 3 tenths off on the single lap. Couldn't play for a few days and the update happened in between. You all say it's easier but I can't get close to me previous time now, the viper just understeers all the time.

What I will do - and that's nothing special since I did this since GT4 - is have a second walkthrough "to improve".
Gotta set new goalposts of course, something like "be a second or two quicker than the demo car". :cheers:

What's odd is I was doing Laguna seca circuit experience, gold in all sectors, but was about 3 tenths off on the single lap. Couldn't play for a few days and the update happened in between. You all say it's easier but I can't get close to me previous time now, the viper just understeers all the time.
mmm, strange, I will re-try Laguna when i get home tonight, maby it is not all the cars?

I mean obviously it's broadly speaking. There's like what... 15,000 different car/track combos in the game? Game wide physics changes aren't going to affect them all the same. I've also noticed a few combos that seem more difficult than before, typically if it's a car that was relatively easy to drive before and now just understeers. But on the whole, things are easier. Go start redoing all your licenses and I promise on 3/4ths of them you'll just be miles quicker almost instantly.

In fact, I haven't heard anyone talk about this yet, but I even noticed in some license tests if you turn the demo ghost on you'll notice that you start immediately like multiple car lengths ahead of the ghost. It's almost like they've messed with the speeds that you start the test at, how or why I have no idea.

The Viper already had a stronger tendency to understeer before the patch.... So it may be that it's even more difficult now. BUT... thanks to the patch, you can now try to push the Viper harder and turn it violently... and then drive with a lot more gas pedal, which is absorbed by the higher rear wheel grip. So if I'm right, you will need a different driving style for some vehicles.

I personally don't care about the leaderboards between friends and has long as I get the gold, I'm happy. With that being said, some of the events pre patch required a enormous amount of time and effort to get the gold, that's why I never did them (the CE's), i mean just to keep the r8 evo on track in the deep forest CE was hell, now I can actually do it. So in my view, this was a positive change and I cannot wait to finish the CE's now.

But it should come with new G/S/B requirements, new demonstration laps, and either leaderboard resets or at least some indication of which physics version the time is from.
I highly doubt PD are going to go through the trouble of doing any of this because this is asking them to go through every single time based challenge in the game to come up with new requirements they think are suitable and make new demos for each one, and I’m sure they have more important tasks to work on to improve the game.

Another issue with changing the time requirements for gold/silver/bronze is that they would have to be lower since the physics makes a lot of cars faster like you said. That means a lot player’s previous gold times before the physics update would most likely no longer meet the new gold requirements and you will get people complaining about that, trust me. And while you could just wipe the leaderboards, again, we would still end up with complaints similar to OP about how everyone’s hard work to achieve their initial times and reach high spots of their friends list was literally erased.

Finally, there’s no guarantee that the physics won’t be adjusted again, so making any of these changes in the first place is just totally meaningless.

What I will do - and that's nothing special since I did this since GT4 - is have a second walkthrough "to improve".
Gotta set new goalposts of course, something like "be a second or two quicker than the demo car". :cheers:
That is the way to go, i just hope i'm not tired yet then haha
mmm, strange, I will re-try Laguna when i get home tonight, maby it is not all the cars?
I just tried it, it's a indeed a different driving technique, you can really abuse it in the faster corners, I was faster in corner 2 now in second gear but it oversteers like crazy indeed, but, second last corner in 2 also and got gold easly, altho...... viper, no TCS with only understeer?...... that's a first 😄

I highly doubt PD are going to go through the trouble of doing any of this because this is asking them to go through every single time based challenge in the game to come up with new requirements they think are suitable and make new demos for each one, and I’m sure they have more important tasks to work on to improve the game.

Another issue with changing the time requirements for gold/silver/bronze is that they would have to be lower since the physics makes a lot of cars faster like you said. That means a lot player’s previous gold times before the physics update would most likely no longer meet the new gold requirements and you will get people complaining about that, trust me. And while you could just wipe the leaderboards, again, we would still end up with complaints similar to OP about how everyone’s hard work to achieve their initial times and reach high spots of their friends list was literally erased.

Finally, there’s no guarantee that the physics won’t be adjusted again, so making any of these changes in the first place is just totally meaningless.
I mean yeah it's a lot of work but I think that's what comes with making fundamental changes to your game after it's released. For me personally this breaks the game more than anything that's happened with the economy or multiplayer lobbies or whatever else. The 2 things I care about most in gran turismo are time trialing in single player (with licenses, CE's, and some missions) and sport mode.

I don't see anything wrong with wiping leaderboards. Anyone complaining about that is just silly, making huge physics changes already as good as wipes them, as the times are meaningful. But I think a far more elegant solution is to just add a new leaderboard for every physics version. You should be able to hit triangle or whatever on the friend leaderboard screen and it should bring up a list of all of the different versions that had physics changes and you can select which leaderboard to view. That way, everyones "hard work" is still preserved but it doesn't muddy things up for anyone trying to set new times. Also, there should be some sort of incentive for people to go back and redo the events with the new physics, maybe reset the rewards. There are relatively easy solutions to this

Back