Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,514 comments
A steady income from Time Trials, Custom Races, prize cars and Circuit Experiences is just enough to slowly get to that final number.
Even if TTs started 2 years ago, with 8 potential M credits/month, plus 50M credits from golding all CE, it barely puts you to half of the total cost of cars.

There has been 71 TTs, and only 97 players managed to get gold on every TT (with a medium of 136k players partaking to each TT)

Of course golding all TTs and getting gold on all CE is the best scenario and is out of reach for many (most ?) players.

Tickets are not rewarding enough to make a noticeable difference.

Prize cars will get you ~110 cars, among which the most expensive ones reach max a few M credits per car.

I am scratching my head about how did you managed to get "nearly" all cars while doing the grind races only a few times.
You must play an impressive number of hours given how little most of the content is rewarding in terms of credits.

I have a serious problem with red cars.
53636805076_660b2b12d4_o.jpg

Last edited:
Fun does have a different meaning depending on the person.
Completely true, but my original reply was aimed at somebody moaning about "a forced grind" which comes across to me as someone who was definitely not having fun.
Even if TTs started 2 years ago, with 8 potential M credits/month, plus 50M credits from golding all CE, it barely puts you to half of the total cost of cars.

There has been 71 TTs, and only 97 players managed to get gold on every TT (with a medium of 136k players partaking to each TT)

Of course golding all TTs and getting gold on all CE is the best scenario and is out of reach for many (most ?) players.

Tickets are not rewarding enough to make a noticeable difference.

Prize cars will get you ~110 cars, among which the most expensive ones reach max a few M credits per car.

I am scratching my head about how did you managed to get "nearly" all cars while doing the grind races only a few times.
You must play an impressive number of hours given how little most of the content is rewarding in terms of credits.
Okay you got me... I was a little liberal with my Brand Central sentence. I'm actually about 100 away from finishing those but I disregard Group 3 & 4 cars as my aim is to drive each car in the game and Sport Mode allows us to do that by renting them.

The way I see it I'll soon be in a position to afford 1 car per gaming session by default (a couple of offline races, a couple online, normally) so I've taken those missing models as spoken for.

Apologies for being misleading.

When I was at the New York International Auto Show yesterday, they had a neat couple of racing rigs set up with GT7 at the Genesis booth. (The rigs even had hydraulics!) The idea was that if you could top the leaderboard in a time trial, you'd win a PS5. The top time when I was there wasn't even a tenth past 1:08.

The time trial itself featured the Genesis VGT on Sport Softs at Watkins Glen Short, and I got a time of 1:12.xxx. But the TCS was cranked up all the way, so I could definitely sense the power loss as I tried to accelerate out of various corners. Still, I think this was a pretty good time, considering that I had only driven the Genesis VGT once for that online time trial at Monza, I only use a DS4, and finally, you were only given three minutes to set your best time, so that's effectively just two laps to do your best.

Oh, and I got to see the full-sized model of the actual Genesis VGT, too.

EDIT: Interestingly, some other automakers had other racing sims set up. Subaru seemed to have iRacing, while Hyundai's N division had you drive a Veloster N around Lime Rock Park in Forza.

Last edited:
This is categorically untrue.

I have run the "grind races" just a few times, not any different from any other single player events.

I'm only a couple of dozen Brand Central cars and 2 Legends away from completing the car collection.

A steady income from Time Trials, Custom Races, prize cars and Circuit Experiences is just enough to slowly get to that final number.

Ps. This includes buying every update car as they come out.

The trick is to have fun, it's a game after all.
Game came out 2 years ago. It took you 2 years of having fun to still not have all the cars. "Categorically untrue" lol. Compare that to GT4.

I’ve played since day one. Could have bought the whole car list nearly four times(the last cost of all cars was about 500,000,000) and I still don’t want all the cars.
View attachment 1344532
Something is wonky with your stats there....251,393.25 km over 21 hours means that your average speed was 11,971 km/h. Even if the first number under "Total Time Driven" was days, that would still be an average speed of 499 km/h.

Unless I'm somehow completely missing something here.

I was missing something here, that being the glitch that the hours field doesn't show anything greater than a 10s place. My bad.

Last edited:
Didn't you notice this stats where always more than wonky? Total time driven and playtime lacks a 3rd and 4th digit (for everyone).

Didn't you notice this stats where always more than wonky? Total time driven and playtime lacks a 3rd and 4th digit (for everyone).
I guess I didn't....but I just checked my own account and it shows an average speed of ~750 km/h LOL. My mistake.

I’ve played since day one. Could have bought the whole car list nearly four times
How comes you got 1.8B credits ??? I am not nearly at the third of that, and if I had not AFK grinded at times where it was getting us lots of credits, I'd have 1/4 of what I have acquired.

How comes you got 1.8B credits ??? I am not nearly at the third of that, and if I had not AFK grinded at times where it was getting us lots of credits, I'd have 1/4 of what I have acquired.
I built and build credits the long way. That initial Gr.B Audi grind. Sardegna, Spa, Tokyo and Le Mans. Have not done the computer stuff.
Early in the game I was getting lots of good roulette prizes.

I built and build credits the long way. That initial Gr.B Audi grind. Sardegna, Spa, Tokyo and Le Mans. Have not done the computer stuff.
Ah ok, you grinded, manually but still. Ok I get it. Still a lot of time grinding, hopefuly you enjoyed the process 😉

Last edited:
Ah ok, you grinded, manually but still. Ok I get it. Still a lot of time grinding, hopefuly you enjoyed the process 😉
Heeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll no. I enjoy the car I grind with and playing with the cars I buy. The process is wack.

Don't you also sell all your cars and buy new ones every now and then? That affects that particular stat.

Last edited:
Don't you also sell all your cars and buy new ones every now and then? That affects that particular stat.
For sure. Once I start getting over one hundred and fifty to two hundred cars I cull the garage. My largest car count was probably all the Group A replica E30, 190, RS500, Supra, AE86, R32.
I'm not sure selling the cars I bought add to the total Credits acquired. Haven't checked that.

For sure. Once I start getting over one hundred and fifty to two hundred cars I cull the garage. My largest car count was probably all the Group A replica E30, 190, RS500, Supra, AE86, R32.
I'm not sure selling the cars I bought add to the total Credits acquired. Haven't checked that.
Which car do you own the most? I currently have 60 WRX Gr. 4's lol.
The money I'd save if PD would introduce a 'car + livery selector' for custom races!

R3V
Game came out 2 years ago. It took you 2 years of having fun to still not have all the cars. "Categorically untrue" lol. Compare that to GT4.
Yes, 2 years and counting. Still having fun and not moaning.

Therefore "I have to grind to get the cars" is untrue. What's the issue?

Which car do you own the most? I currently have 60 WRX Gr. 4's lol.
The money I'd save if PD would introduce a 'car + livery selector' for custom races!
Car I’ve owned the most are AE86s. I’ve mentioned a while ago At the moment 10 GT-One. Other than those and the cars I use for the ‘98 & ‘99 recreations of 24H Le Mans, I've sold/discarded everything older than 2006. Waiting to see what we get in the next couple updates.

Yes, 2 years and counting. Still having fun and not moaning.

Therefore "I have to grind to get the cars" is untrue. What's the issue?
The 'issue' is that a grind can be fun but still qualify as a grind.
I wouldn't be surprised if only <1% of the total playerbase acquired all cars.

Last edited:
PS5-era Sony first party games pretty much universally have platinum trophies that aren't super difficult or grindy.
I would no qualify getting gold on all (normal) licenses as not "super difficult" but that's just me 😅 so while they were at it, I wish they've added getting gold on all CEs, and getting all the cars (up to a point for both of course as they add cars regularly and tracks sometimes)

That's no even remotely an apt response to my question.
I believe you still need to grind, apart from all time trials, circuit experiences etc to afford all the cars in the game. The fact that some people enjoy the grind, which is perfectly fine, is not directly an argument that there is no grind. You have to race a lot of laps on LeMans/Sardegna to get the credits.

If you do every race once in World Circuits, excluding the Championships at the bottom you get 18,146,500.
Americas: 4,362,000 from 63 races
Europe: 8,750,000 from 86 races
Asia: 4,764,500 from 52 races
Yes, and completing all the events around 10 million. All cars in the game are worth 490 million.
You can have a lot of fun by doing certain events to gain money, but technically its still a grind.

Back