Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,485 comments
Yes, and completing all the events around 10 million. All cars in the game are worth 490 million.
You can have a lot of fun by doing certain events to gain money, but technically its still a grind.
Jeez we're getting into a semantics discussion here....

Can we assume for the sake of argument that if someone complains about the "need" to grind, they aren't enjoying it?

Adversely, if someone is enjoying it there's no need for complaint in the first place?

I believe you still need to grind, apart from all time trials, circuit experiences etc to afford all the cars in the game.

Not true.

You have to race a lot of laps on LeMans/Sardegna to get the credits.

Not true, either.

Last edited:
There is no user who has acquired all cars available by completing the whole single player experience once and online racing. Each and everyone had to do a bit of LeMans or Sardegna lapping.

Im not saying you shouldn't have fun and I thoroughly believe you can have it by doing it with a lot of different cars and keeping track of lap times etc, but it is and will be a race you have to do over and over again to earn 495 million credits.

Im not attacking anyone for doing it, props for you, but I feel like some people feel offended by saying thst GT7 is a grind for completionists (and always have been!!), which is not my point.

Last edited:
Problem isn’t driving a lot or else ; it’s doing the same three events to get serious credits; I don’t care about doing 30 minutes race to win 800k or even more ; I just want the career to have at least one race like that on each track to « diversify » the grind.

Still hoping for high reward 2-3h endurance races.

I'm not defending the economy of the most expensive 40 or so cars in this game at all, they're ridiculously expensive.

But what I will say is: If you gave me a fresh PSN account, and said I had to either get all the cars in GT7 (without using online functionality, for fairness) or get to the max driver level in one of GT5 or GTS, I'm picking GT7 every day. I don't know if it's shorter than the GTS Blue Moon or GT5 Indy grinds, but it not being on an oval makes it several notches less tedious. For me at least.

There is no user who has acquired all cars available by completing the whole single player experience once and online racing. Each and everyone had to do a bit of LeMans or Sardegna lapping.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... yes, but it's closer than you might think.

Let's assume you're an A driver regularly finishing top ten in your nation in GTWS and Exhibition seasons, and hitting gold at every time trial...

There's been eight GTWS seasons that award prize money (I think... I think it came in with the official 2023 season from May to July), and you could notionally score just over 12m credits each time. That's 72m credits (actually a bit more).

Additionally there's been 70ish Online Time Trials, each awarding 2m credits, plus another four special Time Trials that I think awarded the same, and some regional special Time Trials which I won't include but will give more to some users in the USA. Call it 75 at 2m apiece, for 150m credits.

There's been a handful of special races for live events, as well as "guess the winner" events that account for about another 15m cash and car between them.

I'm earning about 1.5m a month from tickets, so with 25 months now that's 37.5m, as well as picking up about 2m of car prizes each month. Assuming half are new and half are sold, that's about 0.5m per month (12.5m) income and 1m a month (25m) saved in not having to buy cars.

There's also a mild reduction in the overall cost of the cars, by about 30m, if you gold all the single-player stuff like licences (MP4/4 notably) and the extra menus (D-Type particularly). I don't recall the current all-car cost, but it's over a half billion now.

So all in we're looking at:
Cost: 500m (total) - 30m (one-time prizes) - 25m (ticket prizes) = 445m
Income: 20m (World Circuits x1) + 50m (CE) + (whatever licences + missions pay; 25m?) + 150m (OTTS) + 72m (GTWS) + 50m (tickets) +15m (Live event tie-ins) = 382m
Difference: -63m

By the end of the next year, if there's no very expensive cars added and we get more than two GTWS seasons, it might actually tip over to a profit for the diligent and high-ranked player.

Not for the rest of us of course, though a reasonable driver can still get half that from OTTS and GTWS (I got 6m from doing ONE race in GT2 League a season or so ago), so maybe 260m in total.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... yes, but it's closer than you might think.

Let's assume you're an A driver regularly finishing top ten in your nation in GTWS and Exhibition seasons, and hitting gold at every time trial...

There's been eight GTWS seasons that award prize money (I think... I think it came in with the official 2023 season from May to July), and you could notionally score just over 12m credits each time. That's 72m credits (actually a bit more).

Additionally there's been 70ish Online Time Trials, each awarding 2m credits, plus another four special Time Trials that I think awarded the same, and some regional special Time Trials which I won't include but will give more to some users in the USA. Call it 75 at 2m apiece, for 150m credits.

There's been a handful of special races for live events, as well as "guess the winner" events that account for about another 15m cash and car between them.

I'm earning about 1.5m a month from tickets, so with 25 months now that's 37.5m, as well as picking up about 2m of car prizes each month. Assuming half are new and half are sold, that's about 0.5m per month (12.5m) income and 1m a month (25m) saved in not having to buy cars.

There's also a mild reduction in the overall cost of the cars, by about 30m, if you gold all the single-player stuff like licences (MP4/4 notably) and the extra menus (D-Type particularly). I don't recall the current all-car cost, but it's over a half billion now.

So all in we're looking at:
Cost: 500m (total) - 30m (one-time prizes) - 25m (ticket prizes) = 445m
Income: 20m (World Circuits x1) + 50m (CE) + (whatever licences + missions pay; 25m?) + 150m (OTTS) + 72m (GTWS) + 50m (tickets) +15m (Live event tie-ins) = 382m
Difference: -63m

By the end of the next year, if there's no very expensive cars added and we get more than two GTWS seasons, it might actually tip over to a profit for the diligent and high-ranked player.

Not for the rest of us of course, though a reasonable driver can still get half that from OTTS and GTWS (I got 6m from doing ONE race in GT2 League a season or so ago), so maybe 260m in total.
Yes it's possible. I don't think anyone has achieved this ;)
Also, racing that much online could also be considered as grinding. We're talking about hundreds of hours here.

And now I'm wondering how many millions the best earning online driver has earned in total...

Last edited:
Yes it's possible. I don't think anyone has achieved this ;)
Also, racing that much online could also be considered as grinding. We're talking about hundreds of hours here.

And now I'm wondering how many millions the best earning online driver has earned in total...
seems like enough credits to me...
Gt7Credits.PNG

Forgive me if it seems like I'm always returning to the same topic... But regarding the possibility of collecting all the cars or not, it seems to me that the biggest problem is the invitation system. Even more than the 20 million cars in the LCD.

I mean: we know that the cars that pass through the LCD come back cyclically, if for example today I don't have enough credits to get that certain legendary car that I'm missing, I just need to be patient, accumulate credits and sooner or later I'll buy it... Instead, if in the roulette I never get an invitation for that certain manufacturer, I may have 100 million saved up but I will never put that certain car, available only by invitation, in my garage.

It's a perverse mechanism, they should correct it. Right now, it's too random.

Invitation do no good and are in their current form a clear error. I think we all agree on that. For GT8 they can think about something better, like we do (i mean on top of some other game design choices it would be absolutely astonishing if they did the exact same thing in GT8).

For GT7 in my opinion it would be best if they throw a round of invitations for everyone once every few month, like they did once when they messed up an early update.

If you do every race once in World Circuits, excluding the Championships at the bottom you get 18,146,500.
Americas: 4,362,000 from 63 races
Europe: 8,750,000 from 86 races
Asia: 4,764,500 from 52 races
You can't buy that Ferrari 250 GTO.... or everyone car with 20mil price tag...

For GT7 in my opinion it would be best if they throw a round of invitations for everyone once every few month, like they did once when they messed up an early update.
Well, I would even be satisfied with having to "deserve" the invitations, it would be enough for me to overcome the current random system... They could, for example, tie them to the completion of particular objectives, or to brand loyalty (as someone suggested, getting an invitation if you already have all the other cars from that certain manufacturer or if you have accumulated a certain mileage with cars from that manufacturer), or to victory in specific races or championships... How is it possible that they can't understand it? Any solution would be waaay better than the current system.

Invitation do no good and are in their current form a clear error. I think we all agree on that. For GT8 they can think about something better, like we do (i mean on top of some other game design choices it would be absolutely astonishing if they did the exact same thing in GT8).

Well, I would even be satisfied with having to "deserve" the invitations, it would be enough for me to overcome the current random system... They could, for example, tie them to the completion of particular objectives, or to brand loyalty (as someone suggested, getting an invitation if you already have all the other cars from that certain manufacturer or if you have accumulated a certain mileage with cars from that manufacturer), or to victory in specific races or championships... How is it possible that they can't understand it? Any solution would be waaay better than the current system.
Invitations should be tied to manufacturer races imo. This might even currently be implemented through the weekly races or extra menus, but instead we get credits and/or tickets for the wheel of misfortune.

Last edited:
Sometimes I really do wonder if we truly need a more contemporary open-wheeler. Not only do we have some iconic classic GP racers like the MP4/4 and RA272, but we also got four Super Formula cars as well as the lawyer-friendly F1500T-A. Then there are the Red Bull cars, which I've felt are really the zenith of competitive racing within Gran Turismo - indeed, it's the X2019 that's always been showcased in the Nations Cup. Though since there are five years separating the X2014 Standard and the X2019 Competition, I wonder if we're now due for an X2024?

At any rate, I don't think we need the likes of the Mercedes-AMG W08 nor other F1 cars that've appeared in previous games, like the Ferrari F2007. I don't even know if Indycar would seem necessary, nor a faithful recreation of the Formula Gran Turismo that was modeled on various entries from the 2004 F1 season. No, I think a hypothetical Red Bull X2024 would be much more appropriate in comparison. At least, I'd certainly take such an idea over the return of any other Red Bull cars that didn't make the cut from GT6 to Sport, like the X2010 and X2011.

EDIT: I also wonder if Red Bull should be made into its own brand within GT7 since they plan to create their own road car soon? The various cars made for GT could appear there, too.

Last edited:
Sometimes I really do wonder if we truly need a more contemporary open-wheeler. Not only do we have some iconic classic GP racers like the MP4/4 and RA272, but we also got four Super Formula cars as well as the lawyer-friendly F1500T-A. Then there are the Red Bull cars, which I've felt are really the zenith of competitive racing within Gran Turismo - indeed, it's the X2019 that's always been showcased in the Nations Cup. Though since there are five years separating the X2014 Standard and the X2019 Competition, I wonder if we're now due for an X2024?

At any rate, I don't think we need the likes of the Mercedes-AMG W08 nor other F1 cars that've appeared in previous games, like the Ferrari F2007. I don't even know if Indycar would seem necessary, nor a faithful recreation of the Formula Gran Turismo that was modeled on various entries from the 2004 F1 season. No, I think a hypothetical Red Bull X2024 would be much more appropriate in comparison. At least, I'd certainly take such an idea over the return of any other Red Bull cars that didn't make the cut from GT6 to Sport, like the X2010 and X2011.

EDIT: I also wonder if Red Bull should be made into its own brand within GT7 since they plan to create their own road car soon? The various cars made for GT could appear there, too.
But can you imagine the sound of an F1 v10 car from the 2000's and the visual details that PD are capable of..... It would be straight ear p*rn..

One time only....

And how many times were you planning on buying the car?

Championships are repeatable, Time trails are on a rotation basis, there are plenty of ways to earn credits for 20mil cars.

For sure... The only limiting factor is the need for your credit balance and the LCD rotation to be in sync. I've had it happen a couple of times when I've just not the credits at the right time, especially when you're down to the last few Legend Cars

I believe it's time for PD to replace the Red Bull X models for GTWS events. Such a future looking vehicle but it's become somewhat dated and too familiar.

I'd like to see the return of Formula Gran Turismo covering 80's to current era F1 single-seater racing. I'd be particularly interested in early 90's 3.5 cars - which PD could release with V8, V10, V12 engines. The community would create all the necessary liveries to produce full grids. For GTWS events PD could build their own generic version of a '26 F1 car - not unlike the showcar that has been used for promotional purposes.

For junior single-seater racing an F3 type model makes sense - as does an F2/Super Formula Lights.

After Lando Norris' interview with Playstation and the Mclaren at Suzuka time trial, I'd be willing to bet Lando is going to be our new poster boy for GT since Lewis is no longer a partner

For sure... The only limiting factor is the need for your credit balance and the LCD rotation to be in sync. I've had it happen a couple of times when I've just not the credits at the right time, especially when you're down to the last few Legend Cars
That's where I am. The 20mil Merc is one of the four I don't have (and three of the four are 20mil cars... imagine that). My bank account has 12mil in it. I am not doing Sardegna 11 times in the next few days to earn the remaining 8mil I need. Eff that noise.

I've done most of the 1P races; I rarely go back to do any of them twice because for the most part I find them boring for the same reasons many do... chase the rabbit, AI drives like poop, "random" weather that somehow screws me over more often than not.

All I really do anymore is Sport mode, Weeklys (for the $ only) and TTs. The TTs are a fantastic add to make money (the first TT didn't show up until five months after launch and even then there was only one per two weeks; the two per two weeks didn't come in until a year after launch). But it is a bummer to think one has to gold 10 TTs in a row, for ~2.5 months, just to earn enough to buy one of the 20mil LCD cars. Those who struggle to get gold or even silver are that much worse off.

GTWS does help; I made 7.Xmil for the last Manu cup.

I don't buy duplicates of anything (except the Evo IX, I bought like four of those) and any duplicate cars I win, I sell them for the money. I bought all the UCD cars but still have a lot of Dealership cars to go. Once I get the LCD cars, buying those will seem easy.

As someone who has over 1,000 hours into the game, IMO, the game is a grind if you want to buy all the cars. If you don't care about the LCD cars, then probably not so much. Just assuming a 12 week cycle, and knowing about what I make in this game per month (with TTs, and a guess at Weekly races, as well as some other random things), looks like it'll be about Christmas time before I buy up all the LCD cars (I need 73mil). No joke. I have a spreadsheet. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
2024 TGR Cup announced: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_1218847.html
Furthermore, all players will receive a new matt black 2024 livery edition 'TOYOTA GR010 HYBRID '21' for entering the Online Qualifiers.
So I guess this year's Toyota WEC livery will be coming to the game like the 2023 livery did. I wonder if the Gr.3 Supra/Gr.4 86 will also get a black livery since the 86 got a 2023 variant livery last time.

Following recent job offers at PD office in Fukuoka, a mobile companion might comes out the surface for GT7 and for sure GT8.

Mobile
•Development of Gran Turismo support applications for mobile environments such as iOS & Android
•Development of tools for mobile applications
You will be developing applications such as companion apps designed for mobile devices to support the main title series for PlayStation®. It is desirable that in addition to client development, the candidate is also capable of designing and developing in collaboration with engineers from the main series via a network, and is able to manage a mobile asset flow."

and may be a better rules regulation including NASCAR that could pop up at any time for GT8....

Racing Game Programmer
•Development of the race system, rules and regulations
•Development of online competition features
•Development of event systems and support applications
In Race Engine development, you will be tasked with creating the systems and UI’s involving all race events recreated within “Gran Turismo”, from real world race categories such as GT, Rally, and NASCAR, to even fantasy regulation cars.
For online competition features relating to open lobbies and Sports Mode, you will be involved in the initial proposals in the planning stage as well as its implementation. Therefore you will need not only programming ability but also a genuine interest for racing and communication skill for communicating and working smoothly with other teams as a project planner.
As a Race Game Programmer you will also be responsible for implementing features for e-Sport events. You will also be working to produce systems and UI required for hosting events and support applications for their smooth operation.
You will be defining the race engine and game engine, as well as the features for the game. Because of this you will naturally not only be involved in programming, but the overall quality of the game itself.

and finally a better physic and FFB:

Vehicle Simulation Programmer
•Improvement of elements that comprise the vehicle simulation
•Recreation of special mechanisms for certain cars
•Compatibility development for various control devices
The work involves the refinement of the component elements of the vehicle simulation for the Gran Turismo series to further improve the simulation, and the recreation of control logic for special vehicular mechanisms such as hybrid systems and active suspension, which need to be specifically tuned for individual vehicles. This also involves the improvement and adjustment of controllability using the wireless controller (DUALSHOCK 4) and the driving/operation feel of steering controllers.
We are looking for candidates who have an interest in both actual cars and simulations, who have the knack for making educated assumptions for vehicle dynamics even when not all the data is always available, and implement these properly into the game specifications.

Can't wait what the future will bring for GT.

Following recent job offers at PD office in Fukuoka, a mobile companion might comes out the surface for GT7 and for sure GT8.

Mobile
•Development of Gran Turismo support applications for mobile environments such as iOS & Android
•Development of tools for mobile applications
You will be developing applications such as companion apps designed for mobile devices to support the main title series for PlayStation®. It is desirable that in addition to client development, the candidate is also capable of designing and developing in collaboration with engineers from the main series via a network, and is able to manage a mobile asset flow."

and may be a better rules regulation including NASCAR that could pop up at any time for GT8....

Racing Game Programmer
•Development of the race system, rules and regulations
•Development of online competition features
•Development of event systems and support applications
In Race Engine development, you will be tasked with creating the systems and UI’s involving all race events recreated within “Gran Turismo”, from real world race categories such as GT, Rally, and NASCAR, to even fantasy regulation cars.
For online competition features relating to open lobbies and Sports Mode, you will be involved in the initial proposals in the planning stage as well as its implementation. Therefore you will need not only programming ability but also a genuine interest for racing and communication skill for communicating and working smoothly with other teams as a project planner.
As a Race Game Programmer you will also be responsible for implementing features for e-Sport events. You will also be working to produce systems and UI required for hosting events and support applications for their smooth operation.
You will be defining the race engine and game engine, as well as the features for the game. Because of this you will naturally not only be involved in programming, but the overall quality of the game itself.

and finally a better physic and FFB:

Vehicle Simulation Programmer
•Improvement of elements that comprise the vehicle simulation
•Recreation of special mechanisms for certain cars
•Compatibility development for various control devices
The work involves the refinement of the component elements of the vehicle simulation for the Gran Turismo series to further improve the simulation, and the recreation of control logic for special vehicular mechanisms such as hybrid systems and active suspension, which need to be specifically tuned for individual vehicles. This also involves the improvement and adjustment of controllability using the wireless controller (DUALSHOCK 4) and the driving/operation feel of steering controllers.
We are looking for candidates who have an interest in both actual cars and simulations, who have the knack for making educated assumptions for vehicle dynamics even when not all the data is always available, and implement these properly into the game specifications.

Can't wait what the future will bring for GT.
The second job offer is the most encouraging, at least for the first point.

Even if not explicitly NASCAR in the end, they might use it for oval racing in general (such as the meme SSRX races that got adapted as a Clubman Cup+ race).

Link, by the way?

Even if not explicitly NASCAR in the end, they might use it for oval racing in general (such as the meme SSRX races that got adapted as a Clubman Cup+ race).

Link, by the way?
just simply on Polyphony web site jobs offers... ;) sometimes it is always simple to search infos at the source itself.. ;)

Link, by the way?
it could be also road track for Nascar cup series as well ! who knows ? would be great !

The second job offer is the most encouraging, at least for the first point.
are you a finn living in France? Mahtava ! :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back