Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,479 comments

Is that the 1100 OHC? I'm pretty it's the same car that appeared in The Grand Tour Eurocrash episode.

IMG_3040.jpeg

Well if this is anything to go by…
View attachment 1349132
As I already said... Come on PD and Skoda Motorsport, give us an Octavia RS Gr. 4 and an Octavia "silhouette" Gr. 3 and we'll be happy.

EDIT: interesting... While searching on Google Images anything Skoda VGT related, the link to the YouTube official unveiling video shows this preview:

1713776956079.png

EDIT/2: sadly it's only the preview image of another video from the Skoda Motorsport YouTube Channel... Stupid Google...

1713777725003.png

Last edited:
Hmm... would be a missed opportunity, mostly for Sköda, entering the franchise and not to include the classic 1100 HC as well since the VGT pays homage and refered to in the promotionnal info...
Guess it could be it if we follow the hint.
But with GT you have to get used to missed opportunity maybe scape and Sköda museum will suffice 😅

Could have used this 6 months ago when I was saving up for the 20 million CR cars
From what I've observed, patents like this seldom seem to reach actual production. It's little more than a sketch, to me.

Besides, didn't Kaz once say that GT7 isn't meant for grinding? I, for one, have personally taken that statement to heart; I never repeat an event, unless I either didn't take 1st on the previous attempt, or it's part of a Weekly Challenge set. If anything, I make the most credits through the online time trials, where I get silver most of the time, and more recently, entering championships where I can earn tons of credits for my final standings. The Weekly Challenge prizes also help, especially with this week and last week's prizes mostly entailing over half a million credits.

Last edited:
From what I've observed, patents like this seldom seem to reach actual production. It's little more than a sketch, to me.

Besides, didn't Kaz once say that GT7 isn't meant for grinding? I, for one, have personally taken that statement to heart; I never repeat an event, unless I either didn't take 1st on the previous attempt, or it's part of a Weekly Challenge set. If anything, I make the most credits through the online time trials, where I get silver most of the time, and more recently, entering championships where I can earn tons of credits for my final standings. The Weekly Challenge prizes also help, especially with this week and last week's prizes mostly entailing over half a million credits.
half a million credits is nothing. I stopped bothering with the weeklies ages ago...just run Sardegna a couple more times and earn the 1.5 million that way. GT7 may not be "meant" for grinding, but grinding is pretty much a necessity if one wants to try and acquire all or even most of the cars...

It's just an "idle" game mechanism and there's no suggestion it's anything to do with Gran Turismo...

Sure, if you’re impatient. I, for one, don’t mind waiting a while to collect ‘em all, and enjoying the game in the meantime.

What's the definition of "impatient" in your mind? Here's where I'm at - I started working towards collecting all the cars about 3 months ago. Since then, I've probably run Sardegna at least 150 times. I also generally collect 1 million per week from the TTs as I'm mostly a silver guy too. So, after 3 months of pretty significant grinding plus earning the 1 million from silvers and also whatever money I get from daily workout tickets, I'm still over 200 million shy of completing the car set. Now, had I not run Sardegna about 150 times and earned roughly 120 million credits that way, I'd be over 350 million short...and earning money at a rate of about 2 million per week.

This, I got GT7 on release and was until last december that I was able to get all the expensives hagerty cars to complete the collection, and this while playing 1.5 hours per day at most lol

So, you managed to accumulate 500 million credits in under 2 years while playing at most 1.5 hours per day with no grinding? I'm curious...how did you do it? I assume you can gold all the TTs in very short time?

Last edited:
So, you managed to accumulate 500 million credits in under 2 years while playing at most 1.5 hours per day with no grinding? I'm curious...how did you do it? I assume you can gold all the TTs in very short time?

Almost 2 years is enough, I was able to do around 1.5 million per day with 1 or 2 of the semi endurance races per day (I was rotating what races to do to avoid fatigue 🤭)+ GTWS bonus + TT payouts + circuit experience payouts + winning cars on the daily tickets+ cars won on the GT cafe campaing; also I bought some hagerty cars like the 330 P4, 911 GT1 and Miura before they got the big bump on price

I’ve done the same without grinding. Two years playing the game normally is all it takes to collect all the legends.
All the legends, or all the cars? But yeah, 2 years isn't that unbelievable particularly for someone who is really good and can gold everything in a shorter period of time...I just don't think trying to accomplish it in like 1 year is being "impatient." I mean for myself, I'd really prefer to have all the content available within the first 5 or 6 months with the game so I can enjoy it all while I'm still really into the game.

But really, racing one or 2 of the semi endurance races per day for 2 years sounds a lot like grinding to me. How many different semi-enduros are there and what do they pay?

Last edited:
Back