Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,485 comments
Will probably be fixed in the maintenance next week. ;):sly::lol:
Turns out you were right! Unlike before this update, the game does not show the power and weight of the car anymore.

GM-LSvSWkAANbSl

@ the PD intern reading this thread: There's actually one more spot in the game that still shows the specs of the Afeela, but I'm not gonna share where it is 🤭

Last edited:
Random thought, why don't we have a rogue-like mode in GT7?

A rotation of say ten races against GT Sophy, where you're given a random car and asked to place in the top three to proceed to the next event.

After each race, you can have different perks to choose from.

For example, you could get a modification to your next car, like reduction in weight/better tyres.

Or select a perk which has you start lower down the field, but with better rewards for winning?

The races change every day to keep them fresh. Completing a 'run' earns you prize cars.

For me, it's a way of keeping the game fresh for single player content, and be that draw for people who aren't interested in playing online. The GT Sophy aspect keeps the racing fun and engaging, something that can't be said of the standard AI and the chase the hare format of current events.

Would you be interested in something like this? With rogue like modes in other PlayStation first party titles like God of War Ragnarok and The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered, why not GT7?

Last edited:
I would like them to use SOPHY for some difficult 1 on 1 races, like a 250 GTO Vs. Cobra Daytona, LaFerrari Vs. 918 Spyder, Toyota S800 Vs. Honda S800, Jaguar D-Type Vs. Aston Martin DB3S, Ford GT40 Mk IV Vs. Ferrari 330 P4, and so on..
maybe as a set of one-off missions, you can choose which one of those two cars you wanna use and if you finish first, you win the one of the opponent.

Sierra was added months ago.
Speaking of the Sierra, does it come in red? It’s one of the cars I want all the colours of, I got the black, white and blue/grey colour that’s in the UCD currently, and then it cycled round to black again. Are those colours it for this car?

Speaking of the Sierra, does it come in red? It’s one of the cars I want all the colours of, I got the black, white and blue/grey colour that’s in the UCD currently, and then it cycled round to black again. Are those colours it for this car?
No red, just those 3 colours.

If I recall correctly, the Sierra RS500 (the real one) was only offered in Black, White and Moonstone grey, being the black the more common.
I believe that the 3-door Sierra has the same colour options, but I'm not 100% sure.
The Sapphire Sierra RS Cosworth, both 2wd and 4wd, was available in more colors like red, silver or blue.

That's what the space on the left of the map is reserved for...

Bank of Polyphony
Knowing PD, they'll simulate the bank investing badly and going backrupt and players will lose all of their unsecured savings. Then, that'll have a knock on effect of crashing the games economy causing race payouts to be reduced and car prices increased.

I would be open if pd decided to do a paid expansion maybe as spec lll upgrade.
If gt8 releases in 2027. Witch would be 3 years from now. We could use of something bigger under the maintime. Like 20-25 cars 2 new tracks. Return of gt league and sophy ai upgrade. This would for me be worth paying for. I would not need much updates after that. Those small monthly updates is just not enough at this point specially not if we have gt7 for another 3 years.

I dont see it going down that route. But i can still imagine something bigger Will be coming in like november. Question is will rest of months just be those small dripfeed updates. We are due for a larger update to not kill thr momentum we had going with the spec ll update.

As far as I know, only GT5 had a Spec 3 update and we know how much GT5 needed addressing...

I agree that GT7 has so much potential, but they've shown that they are happy to mislead the community with well meaning sentiments that never materialise.

It's the lack of communication that gets me...if we had any inkling of a roadmap, a rollout plan of content - that would be something. Something to say, 'we hear your feedback, here's our plan for how the second half of 2024 is going to look like for GT7'

I'm not saying they need to reveal cars/tracks, just let us know what's coming. If there was a bullet point for a GT League or endurance races, at least it would give some sort of clue that the community is being listened to.

But, it looks like this is another case of me being an eternal optimist and having too much faith in Kaz knowing what made GT games amazing, and what would make GT games brilliant in modern times.

Back