Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,970 comments
Off topic, but surely the word ‘retarded’ is more offensive than the word spelled ‘ess aitch aye tee’ - but one gets auto censored and the other doesn’t. Weird
One has a valid technical meaning, the other is a profanity. When the former is used pejoratively, at least on GTP, it merits moderator attention.
USED TO REFER TO SOMETHING THAT IS DEEMED UNINTELLIGENT
Edit: Yes, exactly like that.

Last edited:
I remember them censoring words like "Engine" in online chat. Still have no idea why some of the words they censor is so odd. What nefarious use did they find with "Engine" of all things?

Last edited:
In future if you see a post you believe may break the site's rules, please use the Report button rather than attempting any kind of citizen justice.

Moving on, PD clearly took offence* at my Invitations article, and slapped me with a Lamborghini Invitation and an Aston Martin Invitation in two successive four-star tickets from Daily Marathons...

*Obviously I'm joking

Last edited:
One I remember from either GT5 or GT6 (maybe both), the word "coconut" was censored. The way I got around it was by spelling it "cöcönut".

If anyone is wondering what the context was behind me finding that one out, I drink quite a bit of coconut water lol
GT5 had the broadest language filter I've ever encountered. My particular issue was that "bacon" was censored!

I was wondering, would voice chat ever make a comeback in GT7 or the next GT installment? It was fun in the PS3 era, but I'd imagine that the road rage would pretty much ruin it for everyone :lol:

I was wondering, would voice chat ever make a comeback in GT7 or the next GT installment? It was fun in the PS3 era, but I'd imagine that the road rage would pretty much ruin it for everyone :lol:
It seems that SIE wants players to communicate through the console's Party features for first-party titles like GT, so probably not.

Given how much easier it is to mute people on the console as opposed to in game, think I'm fine WITHOUT seeing it return to the series (Especially nowadays where you have people who think just having their mic on while their smacking their food, having their kids crying in the back or having their TV or Radio up full volume is fine).

Plus with the DualSense, its picks up audio directly from the controller without the need of a seperate microphone.
And its default state is unmuted, so there would be a lot more noise chaos from people who don't know their audio is being recorded.
Or to go the conspiracy theory route, Sony could be using that unmuted default state to spy on us lol.

On a different topic, there should be a game update next week...

Last edited:
At least this weekend we will see a sneak peak of the new cars.....
A new hope....
watching star wars GIF

Last edited:
In future if you see a post you believe may break the site's rules, please use the Report button rather than attempting any kind of citizen justice.

Moving on, PD clearly took offence* at my Invitations article, and slapped me with a Lamborghini Invitation and an Aston Martin Invitation in two successive four-star tickets from Daily Marathons...

*Obviously I'm joking
Can you slap that luck my way for a Ferrari invite, had it teased twice and ended up with an Engine (Merc AMG) and a Shelby GT Mustang?

Hopefully this weekend's tease will be good and am looking forward to hopefully seeing something that I am a fan of in the car lineup and of course any new engine swaps, I now have my XJ220 swap for the Le Mans race and has been very enjoyable to drive.

GT5 had the broadest language filter I've ever encountered. My particular issue was that "bacon" was censored!
On that note, I found out GT7's swear filter is console language-dependent. This is why you can't type "Wangan" (because of the first four letters) if your console language is in English, but you can do that with any other language.

Certainly the reason we got the Tickford FPV Ford Falcon AU V8 Supercar and not another famous V8 Supercars Ford racing champion Richard Johnson. And his name isn't Richard in the history books. Oh the horror! 🤣
& it aint Rick ......but close ?

At least this weekend we will see a sneak peak of the new cars.....
A new hope....
watching star wars GIF

I don't want us fans to ever give up hope of getting at least 1-3 GT3 vehicle(s) & race circuit(s) by E.O.GT7.
Be that as it may or not;

s reactions genius GIF

~ B R I N G. O N. T H E. H E A T ! ! ! ~

Per my previous post, the word "Dick" has entirely acceptable meanings (not least as a regular human name) other than "penis" and as such is neither censored nor censurable on GTPlanet. There is, therefore, no reason to skirt around it.

Unless you call someone a dick, in which case point three of the Acceptable Use Policy applies.

But again, the word filters used in GT7 come from SIE and this is not a GT7-exclusive topic. On we move, please.

Edit: Was "On we move, please" unclear somehow?

Last edited:
On that note, I found out GT7's swear filter is console language-dependent. This is why you can't type "Wangan" (because of the first four letters) if your console language is in English, but you can do that with any other language.
Oh that is so dumb. Seriously questionable means of censorship for no reason.

Back