Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
Haven't encountered them in any other thread....yet
And you won't again because they were banned. Insert "Price is Right losing sound" here... ba da do dum bwaaaahhhhhhh...

To me they came off like a Forza fan that decided to come over here to the GT7 side just to bait people into his anti-GT troll posts.

I don't think you'll be missing much.

And to the FOMO aspect of GT, I don't recall any car being locked behind FOMO so far...correct me if I'm wrong (by telling which car, maybe I'll remember then ;))
I'd categorize all invite cars into FOMO in the sense that you need a maximum number of 4 and 5* DW tickets to be able to buy them. So if you skip one day, you miss one chance to get a DW ticket that could be an invite. The more you skip days, the less you have chance to get the precious invite(s).

And the stats are so low that you can play everyday during the entire lifespan of the game and never get the invite you need.

For all other cars, except a few bugs in LCD turn over, there is no issue imho, there are even sites where you can set alarms to get an email when a car you are looking for appears for sell. It should be a function embedded in GT7/PSN official, but there are work arounds.

And I think we can put the 25th anniversary Redbull X car in the FOMO category too, but as it is only a special livery and not a unique car model... but for some people, they'll regret not have been able to get it.

Last edited:
I usually let the invites expire. I have one for Ferrari and another for Aston Martin active right now. What should I get?

I'd categorize all invite cars into FOMO in the sense that you need a maximum number of 4 and 5* DW tickets to be able to buy them. So if you skip one day, you miss one chance to get a DW ticket that could be an invite. The more you skip days, the less you have chance to get the precious invite(s).
Yea ok, I forgot about those, I'd need to grind for them at some point...
And I think we can put the 25th anniversary Redbull X car in the FOMO category too, but as it is only a special livery and not a unique car model... but for some people, they'll regret not have been able to get it.
I mean, also fair point, although that livery could be recreated, right?

Edit: And also, can't you get them from roulettes aswelll? I know I got a Vulcan from the daily ticket, that I (not sure anymore at this point) sold to buy a legendary car

Last edited:
Edit: And also, can't you get them from roulettes aswelll? I know I got a Vulcan from the daily ticket, that I (not sure anymore at this point) sold to buy a legendary car
Yes you can, but I think the chances are even slimmer than with the invites, and with one invite you can get all the invite cars of this brand (not all invite brands have multiple cars though).

I usually let the invites expire. I have one for Ferrari and another for Aston Martin active right now. What should I get?
For Ferrari invite are LaFerrari and FXX-K too.
Those two I got through tickets, only Enzo left to buy - I have Ferrari invitation active too...

Invites are simply trash mechanic.

It should be simply replaced with manufacter affinity, depending on how much cars you own of certain manufacter. Resembles real life as well in a way unironically enough

Hard agree 👍🏻

Invites are simply trash mechanic.
The way you obtain them is stupid (from a player's perspective), but I'd enjoy receiving them depending on how I interact with the manufacturers :
- you could win a Ferrari invite by winning a Ferrari championship
- you could win an invite when you've bought all other cars from manufacturer
and so on.

Last edited:
That should be incentive to play the game. Plus the fact players can choose manufacturers for Sport Mode Championships. Reward the players with loyalty invites.
Reward players for driving those invite cars with more invites or parts. Offer a trophy for 600 miles or 1000 kilometres “break in” period. Anything to interest players.

The way you obtain them is stupid (from a player's perspective), but I'd enjoy receiving them depending on how I interact with the manufacturers :
- you could win a Ferrari invite by winning a Ferrari championship
- you could win an invite when you've bought all other cars from manufacturer
and so on.
Also:
- you could win an invite by winning a prestigious race or championship with a car of that certain brand (example: Ferrari invite because you won the Gran Turismo World Championship or the Le Mans WTC700/800 event with a Ferrari).

Aston Martin Valkyrie with Medium turbo and all other mods, RH tyres(RM rears don't make it past 3 laps) short shifting on FM6 for a 5 lap stint will win the 900pp race nicely, don't even have to tune any suspension for a win either.
Some suspension and gearbox tuning would most likely make the rear tyre wear better.

Invite system is probably the only noticable problem for me with GT7. I even like the idea of "exclusive" cars which you can't just go and buy, but this roulette-only thing doesn't work. I've been playing the game for almost 2 years and still never got a Ferrari invite, which is literally the only invite I actually wanted from the start. Plenty of good ideas were already said here above and those also seems easy enough to implement, but nope. We don't even have some invite-only ticket, which would make the odds at least a bit better. And I can't think of a reason why they would insist so much on keeping it that way, they already got rid of engines and parts being roulette-only (which means they are definitely aware of the problem), so why not invites? It's not even about MTX, because it doesn't matter how much real money you pay, you still can't get those invite-only cars, can't even make your odds higher.. Therefore the only reason is the gimmick of exclusive cars, but I really can't think of a worse way to do this.

Last edited:
I have all the cars in the game because I got lucky with invites (or did we get invites for all brands for a brief period a while ago? Can't remember), but I totally agree that this system is stupid and needs... something.

The LCD rotation I like.

It was in the beginning of the GT7 lifecycle. They should at least do another round.
It'd be nice if it was a semi-annual event. Us older players with children, wives and other things pulling on our time don't have the ability to grind like others do. I wouldn't mind having 6 months to accrue enough money to get hard-to-get items.

Invite system is probably the only noticable problem for me with GT7.
The Invite system ****ing blows, and its fun that it wasn't even mentioned by our former, homosexual oral sex-obsessed colleague, even though I left it dangling there without so much as a nod.

I think I've mentioned before that I totally get the idea and that I think it could be a neat little mechanic, but the implementation of it as-is absolutely hangs. There are myriad ways to do it, many of which ape real-life much better and which would both be more interesting and more educational.

For example, Ferrari would only invite certain people to buy some of its cars if they had already owned (presumably second-hand examples count too) certain previous models in the range or multiple previous Ferraris. Lock the Enzo until you've owned five other Ferraris, lock the LaFerrari until you've owned the Enzo. Done.

Or more fun, Ford would sell the GT to applicants based on criteria around previous Ford ownership (the more rare and sought-after the better) as well as social media clout and the promise of driving it a certain distance. Lock the GT (which isn't an Invitation car in the game) until you've shared at least five photos with the #ford hashtag featuring Ford models and earned 50 likes/reposts/comments - and make it a Silver trophy so that there's no mystery to it. Edit: My previous thought on that had different numbers, but also suggested that you'd be blocked from selling it for a month :lol:

Make a brand event and Extra Menu Book for Bugatti Gr.4 cars. Win to earn either a Veyron/Chiron or a (permanent; and yes, they shouldn't expire) Bugatti Invitation.

And this is top-of-my-head stuff.

Last edited:
The Invite system ****ing blows, and its fun that it wasn't even mentioned by our former, homosexual oral sex-obsessed colleague, even though I left it dangling there without so much as a nod.

I think I've mentioned before that I totally get the idea and that I think it could be a neat little mechanic, but the implementation of it as-is absolutely hangs. There are myriad ways to do it, many of which ape real-life much better and which would both be more interesting and more educational.

For example, Ferrari would only invite certain people to buy some of its cars if they had already owned (presumably second-hand examples count too) certain previous models in the range or multiple previous Ferraris. Lock the Enzo until you've owned five other Ferraris, lock the LaFerrari until you've owned the Enzo. Done.

Or more fun, Ford would sell the GT to applicants based on criteria around previous Ford ownership (the more rare and sought-after the better) as well as social media clout and the promise of driving it a certain distance. Lock the GT (which isn't an Invitation car in the game) until you've shared at least five photos with the #ford hashtag featuring Ford models and earned 50 likes/reposts/comments - and make it a Silver trophy so that there's no mystery to it.

Make a brand event and Extra Menu Book for Bugatti Gr.4 cars. Win to earn either a Veyron/Chiron or a (permanent; and yes, they shouldn't expire) Bugatti Invitation.

And this is top-of-my-head stuff.
Also their roulette and tickets system is broken. If they give more invitation and engines, we wouldn't rant like this. Or just remove the credits prizes. Just cars, exclusive parts, invitations, and engines. That would be so much better

Well... I was feeling a bit guilty to wander of topic, but if Famine does HS too, I feel better 🤣

If they give more [...] engines, we wouldn't rant like this.
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

My shelves are full of engines rusting and collecting dust. Plus you can buy them directly now, I'd rather NEVER won anymore engines with the roulette, and NEVER see another 6* ****ing engine (or parts) ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back