Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,419 comments
10pm? In what time zone? I might be able to do 10pm if that's uk time zone.
Yes, 10pm BST. The time slots are all listed on the news page

Last edited:
lots of people lose rank to get to GT2 and then get A rank after.
Yeah I've seen comments about that. Is it really frowned upon? I don't wanna do something that angers the community tbf.

Alternatively, does it help those in the GT2 class by giving better points for those lobbies?

Yes, 10pm BST. The time slots are all listed on the news page

That's weird. Iirc the latest slot used to be 9pm in my time zone (the same as uk). Is this a DST thing?

Last edited:
Interesting to see that two of the tracks with rain are Gr. 4 for GT2/3, implying rain is not likely, although at the same time the Suzuka race sure looks like a rain. Almost has to be rain for N24 I would think.

I will miss Deep Forest due to work travel to Japan. Hopefully can do the Suzuka race, though it's the day after I get back from Japan, so we'll see if I'm up for it and prepared. May also miss Fuji due to travel, so this is looking like a pretty thin season for me.

I wonder how many people now will be looking for a new manufacturer as they were going with McLaren or Renault etc…
Yep, count me in that group. I was all set to move away from AMG and go with McLaren (with Porsche a close 2nd) as my choice, but now reconsidering the 911 with the slight buff it got, and the slight nerf McLaren got. Probably not more than a couple tenths difference on a great lap, but still rattling around in my head now.

Manufacturers schedule:
Mandatory pit stop at the Nordschleife, hmm, has it ever rained at a race while having a mandatory pitstop?

-------

I have always skipped every race involving any layout of Lago Maggiore and it is biting me now. On top of being unfamiliar to this track, I can hardly see what is in front of me most of the time due to elevation changes. I hope I don't become a hazard to others during qualifying and the race. Glad that there are no wall collision penalties and that the track limits are pretty lax.
1714063105731.png

Last edited:
I was planning on avoiding this round, but just did a few laps in the 917 and actually turned some fairly respectable laptimes....for my non-alien self anyway. We'll see how things stack up over the next 2 days. Maybe I'll shoot for 1 race since I have to run out to meet friends Saturday night anyway.

Just did a quick race sim in the 917.

Fuel shouldn't be an issue.

RS easily lasted 10 of 15 laps for, I'm sure better drivers can make them go longer. But at that point the laptimes were dropping a bit and fresh RM helped a bit.

I am trying to think of a Manu but it's not so cut and dry. Leaning towards Porsche as I think it'll will be very good at most of the tracks but likely horrible at Daytona... which is one of the races I really want to do.

BMW, Genesis, Toyota, and possibly Ford may all be solid picks. The Ford GT 18 got a solid buff in today's update. Mmmmmm, Ford... The GT18 might be good at Nord, GT LM we know is good at Daytona RC (despite the recent Nerf I reckon it's still a solid choice). LM II may be okay at Fuji as well.

Let the overthinking begin. :banghead:

I am trying to think of a Manu but it's not so cut and dry. Leaning towards Porsche as I think it'll will be very good at most of the tracks but likely horrible at Daytona... which is one of the races I really want to do.

BMW, Genesis, Toyota, and possibly Ford may all be solid picks. The Ford GT 18 got a solid buff in today's update. Mmmmmm, Ford... The GT18 might be good at Nord, GT LM we know is good at Daytona RC (despite the recent Nerf I reckon it's still a solid choice). LM II may be okay at Fuji as well.

I'm thinking of signing with Mclaren. Most of the tracks require a car with good rotation and stability. Daytona RC won't be a problem because I have the F1 GTR and that will be my ACE card for that particular round where the 650s may be left lacking.

I'm thinking of signing with Mclaren. Most of the tracks require a car with good rotation and stability. Daytona RC won't be a problem because I have the F1 GTR and that will be my ACE card for that particular round where the 650s may be left lacking.
McLaren is a solid choice for sure; I picked them the last two Manus. That being said, the Gr3 650 got a little Nerf this past update.

On a side note, is the F1 really that fast in a straight? Genuinely asking as I don't think it is. Also, it has 1997 tech brakes (aka, not good). Last couple Dailies we had at Tona RC the METAs were the Supra, Ford GT LM, and Peugeot VGT. Admittedly I don't have a lot of time behind the F1 but it may not be the ace up the sleeve you're thinking(?).

McLaren is a solid choice for sure; I picked them the last two Manus. That being said, the Gr3 650 got a little Nerf this past update.

On a side note, is the F1 really that fast in a straight? Genuinely asking as I don't think it is. Also, it has 1997 tech brakes (aka, not good). Last couple Dailies we had at Tona RC the METAs were the Supra, Ford GT LM, and Peugeot VGT. Admittedly I don't have a lot of time behind the F1 but it may not be the ace up the sleeve you're thinking(?).
I'm faster with it at Daytona RC than I am in the 650s. It's got some legs on it once it passes the bus stop. And in the slip it's phenomenal. On pretty much every other course, the 650s is better. But Daytona is a proper high speed power track so the F1 GTR shines there.

I hate reverse tracks. Might have to skip this one, for all my opponents' sake. Did quite a few laps and it's just not clicking. No way I can race safely.
Try RM tires. For us plebs, it is not much slower than RS and makes the car considerably easier to handle (by not requiring me to react as fast), helping me figure out the track better and avoid crashing as much.

Last edited:

Ford buff got it to a decent spot but it was so far behind the rest that it's only made it decent, not good. I couldn't get below a 1:51 with it at Trial Mountain (Race B) - whereas other cars definitely can do it.

That said, I love the car so I'm picking Ford anyway lol.

Very annoyed with how PD is running these series but I'll do this one. The chances of still playing GT7 for the next proper season in 2025 is pretty remote
As a day 1 player of GT Sport, I am also really annoyed at how PD runs the GTWS in GT7. I think the fact that they refer to this season officially as an "Online Qualifier" tells you all you need to know. The FIA championships in GTS were real seasons. Now it's all about a brief qualifier for a select few people to go to the live events. PD has abandoned the format of making proper seasons. Their vision is literally baked into the name "Online Qualifier".

I could go on but I don't think any elaboration of my above text is necessary.

A shame that will be. I miss having people on the friends GT2 leaderboard. It's usually me plus one other.
feel the same, but only six races cramped in a few weeks is just not a competion for me. Will miss a bit to many rounds due to work and life, I got to little time to practice and a total lack of original events are killing it for me. Shame though, had to much fun in GTS in competing with the whole gang who got most points.

Bit odd, but in GT7 i got a bit better in racing and I have way more success but still I miss GTS which had a real championship were you actually had 20 cars on the grid. I mean, how could PD even concider that a follow up on a successfull game should have fewer cars on track and fewer events? it baffles me...

Last edited:
feel the same, but only six races cramped in a few weeks is just not a competion for me. Will miss a bit to many rounds due to work and life, I got to little time to practice and a total lack of original events are killing it for me. Shame though, had to much fun in GTS in competing with the whole gang who got most points.

Bit odd, but in GT7 i got a bit better in racing and I have way more success but still I miss GTS which had a real championship were you actually had 20 cars on the grid. I mean, how could PD even concider that a follow up on a successfull game should have fewer cars on track and fewer events? it baffles me...
I think "fewer cars" is pretty obvious, this was supposed to be a PS5 game that got shoehorned into the PS4 at the last minute and 16 cars was all the PS4 can handle. (I say that as a PS4 owner/player, the game was and is getting held back). As for fewer events... The only justification I can think of, is that they want the same competitors at each World Tour event. From a promotional perspective this sorta makes sense, they get more people they can promote, storylines, etc, but... I really don't like it. It means a shorter season for the "everyman", and less of an opportunity for anyone else to get into the big events. I guess it's slightly easier on the drivers that they only have to grind for 2 months instead of longer, I know it's hard on them, but... There are only a few slots and they should be earned.

Feels like all i do is moan haha but its just so disappointing that they have made the official season so short and again put in the same old tracks. Would have put my mortgage on Nords, Suzuka and Fuji. They even went out of their way to do a promo video bigging up the incoming season to then just give you 2.5 weeks of mostly 1x Hard tire daily race style sprint races. Can't really say its a championship to reward the top drivers who've worked hard through a number of strategic races. More like a championship to reward those that are best at Qualy as you won't get much chance to work you're way forward in those short races! :lol:

4 weeks from now and it'll all be over until Autumn at the earliest!

That said, being positive, i may still try and do a couple of races. Unlikely i'll do 3 to get the max points, but may try Interlagos and Daytona. Majority of cars that are good at Interlagos are not very good at Daytona so will be a tough choice for Manufacturer! May finally re-sign for my favourite GT3 car in the game. (@GTWolverine knows who i mean ;))

Feels like all i do is moan haha but its just so disappointing that they have made the official season so short and again put in the same old tracks. Would have put my mortgage on Nords, Suzuka and Fuji. They even went out of their way to do a promo video bigging up the incoming season to then just give you 2.5 weeks of mostly 1x Hard tire daily race style sprint races. Can't really say its a championship to reward the top drivers who've worked hard through a number of strategic races. More like a championship to reward those that are best at Qualy as you won't get much chance to work you're way forward in those short races! :lol:

4 weeks from now and it'll all be over until Autumn at the earliest!

That said, being positive, i may still try and do a couple of races. Unlikely i'll do 3 to get the max points, but may try Interlagos and Daytona. Majority of cars that are good at Interlagos are not very good at Daytona so will be a tough choice for Manufacturer! May finally re-sign for my favourite GT3 car in the game. (@GTWolverine knows who i mean ;))
The whole season is a bummer. Only 6 rounds each and most of them are duplicates anyway. I don't know anyone that isn't disappointed in some regard. Feels like they've proper phoned it in.

Patch 1.46 has introduced a major bug making it possible to bypass event restrictions and change car setups when they should be locked, including in Sport mode. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8730173

Unless Polyphony pull an all-nighter to find the problem and rush out an emergency patch to fix it, I wonder what that's going to mean for the Nations and Toyota rounds this weekend. Of all the times for something like this to occur, the official season is pretty much worst case scenario!

Back