Grand Valley Returns to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 711 comments
I definitely understand why they don't communicate with the players. Nobody is nuts enough to do it voluntarily when it would go just about exactly like this.

update with three cars NO! We don't want more cars! We want more tracks! And more races!
update with more races These races suck! They're too short and too long and too easy and too hard!
update with a new track NO! Not that track! We want the old ones! And where are the cars? We want cars!
update with a returning track Boring! Recycling old stuff! Where's the creativity?
update with new cars NO! Not those cars! We want the legendary GT cars!
update with returning cars Boring! Recycling old stuff! We want the latest hypercars!
update with modern cars NO! We don't want more cars! We want more tracks! And more races!
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I am replying to this thread without reading any of the pages Between 15 and 20.

Sorry but this new track location, despite having the same name and seemingly same layout,. It it is nothing like the old track.

I am not complaining.
Just mAking a statement and truly a fact.

I don't care if it shares the same name as the old track.
I am grateful that we are getting this new track
BUt I do care that we should still get the old track along side with this new track.

Having this new track should nOt prevent us from having also the old track.

Why not?!

Their scale is not exactly the same, the elevAtion and curve radius are not the same.

I want both tracks, I still want to have the old track in addition to the new track...

Dont rob us of that pleasure.

Last edited:
Dont rob us of that pleasure.
Do you feel robbed because of each old track that is not present in the current GT ?

I don't mind if an old track comes back in an altered form, as long as it is interesting to drive.

But I hope that in the future, we could keep all the tracks from GT7 (that are really looking good), plus the ones that will be added in future updates, in GT8-9 and so on. And not have a fresh start each time.

I definitely understand why they don't communicate with the players. Nobody is nuts enough to do it voluntarily when it would go just about exactly like this.

update with three cars NO! We don't want more cars! We want more tracks! And more races!
update with more races These races suck! They're too short and too long and too easy and too hard!
update with a new track NO! Not that track! We want the old ones! And where are the cars? We want cars!
update with a returning track Boring! Recycling old stuff! Where's the creativity?
update with returning cars Boring! Recycling old stuff! We want the latest hypercars!
update with modern cars NO! We don't want more cars! We want more tracks! And more races!
So instead what they end up with is all of that plus "they don't communicate with us". You're never going to please everyone, but not having a line of comms just adds to the problem. I'm sure they've weighed up their options with this and are confident it won't affect their sales going forward but I bet they felt at least a little bit worried about it when they were getting review bombed.

Last edited:
Do you feel robbed because of each old track that is not present in the current GT ?

I don't mind if an old track comes back in an altered form, as long as it is interesting to drive.

But I hope that in the future, we could keep all the tracks from GT7 (that are really looking good), plus the ones that will be added in future updates, in GT8-9 and so on. And not have a fresh start each time.
Salut Lomic

As a matter of fact yes I do feel robbed for every track that ever existed in GT and that never came back....

I don't mind either that new tracks and altered old tracks are added over the years.

My point is that we should no have to trade or subtract, but rather add to the list and roster of tracks, environment location, variations, orientation, seasonal and alternates.

I don't know how long you have been playing GT, but I have been since GT2 in the previous millennium, and exactly the same way as you have rightfully described in your last paragraph:

I hope that in the future, we could keep all the tracks from every GT, and plus the ones that will be added in future updates, in GT8-9 and so on. And not have a fresh start each time.

Last edited:

ULTIMATE SPEC 2 UPDATE: Featuring 3 new tracks (one completely new original circuit, one returning one from older games, one real) 20 new cars featuring legendary come backs, new hypercars and racecars, B-spec mode, Sophy as AI in all game, all bugs fixed, added Endurance races, improved payouts for both career mode and custom races and many many more

Where are new Music Rallies?

Last edited:
I don't know how long you have been playing GT
Since that version :D
GT1.jpg

And I had it on PS2, PS3, PS4 and now 5. Yet I skipped GT5 and 6 and some prologues/concepts. (I've played a bit of GT6 while waiting GT7 but the technical gap was big, in terms of graphics and handling/driving of the cars)

Not a fan of the track at all. I do not care for "reimagining" classic tracks, or anything that messes with the original for that matter.

Either, its a "new", and call it that, or give us the classic, nostalgia trip we always wanted with 2023 technologies.

It sucks as GT8 will no doubt have the new version, so any hope of seeing the ORIGINAL track in future titles seems bleak.

People wanting the old track should be pestering Sony to add GT5/6 to the PS3 Plus catalogue that is seriously lacking - then people could crack on with playing GT5 again without trying to resurrect their old PS3s (I’ve tried 3 now and they all die after 3-4 months… I’ll be stuck at 98% on Red Dead Redemption for the rest of my life)

Last edited:
People wanting the old track should be pestering Sony to add GT5/6 to the PS3 Plus catalogue that is seriously lacking - then people could crack on with playing GT5 again without trying to resurrect their old PS3s (I’ve tried 3 now and they all die after 3-4 months… I’ll be stuck at 98% on Red Dead Redemption for the rest of my life)
I agree. I went back to complete GT5 after losing all motivation to play GT7 due to lack of career mode (just 2-3 months after release).

I know this sounds a bit silly but for anyone open minded that wants to shake things up with a little fun

Try the Grand Valley WTC600 with Racing Kart 125 Shifter…lol

Obviously it has a crazy low top end: Straight ~108MPH, Downhill ~113MPH, Drafting ~118MPH

But. It makes up for it with cornering, late braking and its tiny footprint allowing you to maneuver around other cars you would not be able to in anything else without touching.. Edit: Should really be in “cockpit?? mode” to get the most out of it

On Easy Mode, you’re in first place less than halfway into the 2nd lap. Haven’t tried other difficulty

I know this time can be improved a lot but still…

4DA87870-9F1B-4B70-9132-C49F0A981C43.png

FB502486-DD45-4191-99B5-3FAD52FFA75F.png

Last edited:
Can also emulate PS3 on pc or PS1, PS2, and psp on your phone or pc to help overcome the trauma of the re-design.

Last edited:
Car licences have likely long expired so they can't sell the old games anymore or stick them on PS Plus Premium. Same situation with the delisted Forza games and Gamepass.

I still don't understand why some of you think that it is wrong for us to want the original layout....

An excellent original fictive track can also be considered a virtual landmark that should be respected the same way we respect a real track like the Nurb, Spa, or Laguna Seca...

Why should original fictive tracks be considered as second citizens?
Let's not touch Nurb or Spa, but why would it be ok to completely change GV ?

Why not move Daytona speedway to the jungle and add a few more turns? Because technically it is possible...
Why stop at some tracks but not others? The selectiveness in the virtual world makes no sense.
Why replace or subtract when we can just add?

They should have named this new track Monterey HWY 1 loop or something, or keep the same name GV Hw1, but in my eyes, it does not replace GV...

I want old tracks in 4K to be played in GT7 and VR, not interested in rebooting my old consoles... That I can do at my leisure and privately, but I want all the tracks in the world, and all the fictive tracks from past GTs, minimally altered.

Why would that wish be wrong ?

Anything is possible.
But I guess Kaz the artist has decided so...

I still want the GV in 4k

Last edited:
Car licences have likely long expired so they can't sell the old games anymore or stick them on PS Plus Premium. Same situation with the delisted Forza games and Gamepass.
Sadly I expect that’s the case - but I wonder if they’d even think about adding time limits to their rights licence at that point in time

I still don't understand why some of you think that it is wrong for us to want the original layout....

An excellent original fictive track can also be considered a virtual landmark that should be respected the same way we respect a real track like the Nurb, Spa, or Laguna Seca...

Why not move Daytona speedway to the jungle and add a few more turns? Because technically it is possible...
Why stop at some tracks but not others? The selectiveness in the virtual world makes no sense.

They should have named this new track Monterey HWY 1 loop or something, or keep the same name GV Hw1, but in my eyes, it does not replace GV...

I want old tracks in 4K to be played in GT7 and VR, not interested in rebooting my old consoles... That I can do at my leisure and privately, but I want all the tracks in the world, and all the fictive tracks from past GTs, minimally altered.

Anything is possible.

I mean regardless of personal opinions on the new layout Vs old, real life tracks change too....

+ Don't forget minor tweaks like resurfacing, curbs, run offs etc...

I mean regardless of personal opinions on the new layout Vs old, real life tracks change too....

It’s harder to find an original track in GT7 that’s hasn’t been modified. Monza and the Red Bill Ring have been heavily modified over their life times, Barcelona is still being modified.

I think Suzuka is relatively the same, although the chicane as been slightly reprofiled

I am not disputing your evidence here..
Minor tweaks IRL or in the game from generation to another console, that's all fine....

But would you like people to replace your mom entirely with someone else who also have two legs, two arms and a head... Close enough right...that should be acceptable to you.

Ps: I am not attacking you personally, just trying to make a point for everyone here who seem to be pooping in their own mouths.

Maybe El Capitan track should now be located in NYC, which I would totally play with, but don't say it will replace the old track.

I am not disputing your evidence here..
Minor tweaks IRL or in the game from generation to another console, that's all fine....

But would you like people to replace your mom entirely with someone else who also have two legs, two arms and a head... Close enough right...that should be acceptable to you.

Ps: I am not attacking you personally, just trying to make a point for everyone here who seem to be pooping in their own mouths.

Maybe El Capitan track should now be located in NYC, which I would totally play with, but don't say it will replace the old track.
Man if you're comparing Grand Valley Speedway, a virtual track in a racing game that had an environment change - to replacing an actual human being, someone's MOTHER no less - I think you might need to touch some grass. That's actually unbelievable.

Anything is possible.

Why should a virtual track be defined by the same constraints as real ones?

So far I'm really not liking the flow of this track, at least not in the "forward" position. I feel like I'm always in the wrong gear. Slam on the brakes, downshift, downshift, get on the gas, upshift, SLAM on the brakes, downshift, back on the gas, upshift, HARD on the brakes, downshift, on the gas, upshift, hard on the brakes, downshift, ease on the gas, back on the brakes, downshift, HARD on the gas, upshift, upshift, SLAM ON THE BRAKES, downshift, downshift, downshift, back on the gas, upshift.... It's a mess.

If I remember back to my early days of GT1 and GT2 this track was not a favorite of mine. Likely for the same reason.

In reverse it feels better to me. I'm not sure why, but it feels like I can actually string together some of the turns. So, I would say it's welcome to have a new track but it's not a track that I see myself driving very often.

Why should a virtual track be defined by the same constraints as real ones?
It should not I agree, but if the track has become somewhat of a fixture for a lot of us for so many years, why not ?

You can have many variations, but you should always be able to come back to the original layout, the same way as you have long circuits along side with the shorter variation, and the reverse, etc...

The flexibility should allow us to add, not prevent us from getting the Original.

You guys are speaking as if we are limited in the number of tracks that can exist in a game...

Especially virtual ones,is there license issue ?

Last edited:
You guys are speaking as if we are limited in the number of tracks that can exist in a game...

Especially virtual ones,is there license issue ?

No, but there is a time/manpower issue. The devs have finite resources (in addition to the dripfeed release strategy), tracks take a long time to create. Having them make multiple variations of something like GV would mean missing out or delaying a separate track.

You can have many variations, but you should always be able to come back to the original layout, the same way as you have long circuits along side with the shorter variation, and the reverse, etc...

The flexibility should allow us to add, not prevent us from getting the Original.
I want Queen to resurrect Freddy Mercury so I can listen to the original sound when they play live again, they should always be able to come back to the original band

The first sector in the original is iconic and has a nice flow with an up and down elevation change. In the new one it's been leveled out somewhat and loses what made it.

The feel of entering the first corner in the stadium complex is forever lost. I'm not keen on the last sector of the new version either.

You could transplant Suzuka into the American desert, level out the elevation changes, add all sorts of environment details and make it look impressive on its own yet I'd want Suzuka how it is every time. That type of thing might be the job of AI in the future.

It's a welcome setting to GT, nicely crafted environment and could've been home to something better than basing it off a rough Grand Valley layout. Hopefully there's more to come from this area. GT could do with scenic/country drives and point to point.

Back