GT Sport and money.

• Thread starter MightyL
  • 114 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamming in dinner preparation, eating dinner and reading a bedtime story into 25 minutes for your 8yr old child?:(

Yup. She knows what my emphasis is on Cup or league race days. And she knows there are „compensation days“ when she and she only plays the leading role.

A lot of children are basically neglected by the adults being indifferent to their needs. She learns to accept that dad also needs time for himself and takes it but that she is just as important.

Due to the nature of our „case“ with my psychologically ill ex-wife and constant battles in court we have a plethora of official people watching over my daughters well-being and assist me if need be. So far no assistance was necessary and I get nothing but the highest grades for my approach to upbringing. That includes my gaming which I openly communicate to these officials. It is seen as a beneficial distraction from things in my private life that might otherwise lead to e.g. just take my gun and pay my ex a last visit.

So while the gaming certainly cuts short my rest time it enriches and balances my life on many levels. And it does not endanger the upbringing of my child.

You don't fully understand anything do you, players want bigger payouts so they can get things like the 20 mill cars in their first hour, and it doesn't work like that.
If the featured mode, sport mode/FIA races, doubled the pay, it still wouldn't get a player a 20m car. It's clearly you who misunderstands. (Deliberately baits rather).

Of course, the simple fact that we can, through luck, actually gain a 20m car for free at anytime, including that first hour potentially, completely undermines you. Same for completing the driving school or hot laps in gold too could gift us a 20m car.

This is clearly you looking to have it all, through exploits, and seeking to stop others having fun and options like you have. Blatant trolling I believe, as you offer nothing but hypocrisy.

You think 32,000,000 credits in a year is a lot, lol. I agree with your point however. GT Sport needs more ways to earn big money quickly.

58 Million in 128 days, haven’t been playing for the last 3 though as we are on vacation... Own a Ferrari 330 P4 to do the Nostalgic on Le Mans. And 164 other cars of which I use about 10 (!) on a regular basis for cup and league races.

You can not blame this game because you have a real job and live in the real world and you can't put more time in playing GT Sport. These people that cry because they want more credits, because of less play time it is there fault and not the game so please understand on what I just said.

I have a disability, I can spend more time playing this game and getting a lot of credits. There is a lot of credits to get in this game and there is no need for better credit payouts, and you need to play it a lot more to earn more credits right.

These players that play less of this game, new there was going to be a credit system and new getting credits was going to be tough to earn because they play less, so once again you can not Blame the Game just because you can not put in the time to earn credits, because it is entirely your fault and stop putting the blame on the game just because you play less.

PD has set the rewards for each event, and PD is spot on with the credit payouts for those events for this game, so if you play more and if its involved in grinding to get that car you want so be it, if you don't like grinding well that is your problem and not the game.

Also, where’s the „low payout“ making 375,000 credits in just under 12 minutes on Blue Moon Bay? Or 240k in 7.5 minutes in the Nostalgic on Le Mans or Monza? So it’s really only 10 hours playing time to get the most expensive cars in the game if you are willing to tunnel grind. There’s a lot of games out there where you get the rare items after maybe a year playing time.

I think a game could be argued to be treating me unfairly if it makes me jump through UNREASONABLE hoops just to be able to access the content. I don't mind putting in reasonable effort. You and I obviously have very different ideas about what is reasonable.

10 hours playing time for the highest reward = 20 M car (see my other post). That’s actually a joke compared to a lot of other games with „rare items“.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 hours playing time for the highest reward = 20 M car (see my other post). That’s actually a joke compared to a lot of other games with „rare items“.

Lol...yeah, if all I want to do in the game is run one really boring race over and over to earn one car. I only play about 5 hours a week normally. You think all I want to do is run Blue moon endlessly? It's super awesome you are such a dedicated GT Sport athlete but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people playing the game are closer to my end of the spectrum than yours.

Last edited:
Lol...yeah, if all I want to do in the game is run one race over and over to earn one car. I only play about 5 hours a week normally. You think all I want to do is run Blue moon endlessly? It's super awesome you are such a dedicated GT Sport athlete but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people playing the game are closer to my end of the spectrum than yours.
I'd leave that one be. It's tragic some need to bait like him. I thought the hypocrite was bad, but that one is on another level.

Gaming before kids on cup days, needs gaming to not shoot the ex. If even slightly true, he needs serious help.

Lol...yeah, if all I want to do in the game is run one race over and over to earn one car. I only play about 5 hours a week normally. You think all I want to do is run Blue moon endlessly? It's super awesome you are such a dedicated GT Sport athlete but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people playing the game are closer to my end of the spectrum than yours.

Tokyo East Outer with Gr1: 305k in 14 minutes.

Dragon Trail with N300: 375k in 15 minutes.

Le Mans, Monza and one other I don’t recall: 240k in 7.5 minutes.

And the list goes on...

There‘s a complete abundance of high payout races. I agree that the payouts of Lobbies is rediculously low, though.

I'd leave that one be. It's tragic some need to bait like him. I thought the hypocrite was bad, but that one is on another level.

Gaming before kids on cup days, needs gaming to not shoot the ex. If even slightly true, he needs serious help.

I have all the help I need, buddy, rest assured. Because I make sure I do. Which is something most people don’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all the help I need, buddy, rest assured. Because I make sure I do. Which is something most people don’t.
True. Though I'm sceptical of the internet of course. Glad to hear you are.
I agree that the payouts of Lobbies is rediculously low, though.
And this is my main complaint. Never once said I want it easy or now. But many see someone asking for Balance, and assume 'oh, they want it now/easy'

And to be told that by a known exploiter (fordlaser), it's daft stuff indeed.

(Edited autospell mistake).

You seem pretty sure most people aren't as good at life as you are...

No, I KNOW they are not. Most people have no control over their lives, no real plan. And control to me equals good. Soldier type, go figure.

By the way, it‘s 3:40 a.m. and I‘m not on the PS4. I don’t need much sleep, as mentioned before.

True. Though I'm sceptical of the internet of course. Glad to hear you are.

And this is my main complaint. Never once said I want it easy or now. But many see someone asking for Balance, and assume 'oh, they want it now/easy'

And to be told that by a known exploiter (fordlaser), it's daft stuff indeed.

(Edited autospell mistake).
I don't think you want "balance" though.
It seems you want it skewed to be easier to afford the most expensive items.

When one item is literally 1000 times more expensive than another, you need to find the middle ground.
The vast, vast majority of cars are easily affordable.
Some take a little more effort.
And a handful of unicorn cars take a lot of dedication.

Taking into account the amount of freebies you can get, it seems reasonably balanced to me.

Well, shacking up with a mentally ill woman is certainly a common tale in that regard.

I was in love and I thought I could help her. Cared for her, married her. Found out too late that she actually felt comfortable in her illness (narcistic hystrionic disorder with borderline elements) and rejected professional help. Separated, divorced, received full custody of our daughter.

Life. It happens and you have to make the best of it.

I don't think you want "balance" though.
It seems you want it skewed to be easier to afford the most expensive items.

When one item is literally 1000 times more expensive than another, you need to find the middle ground.
The vast, vast majority of cars are easily affordable.
Some take a little more effort.
And a handful of unicorn cars take a lot of dedication.

Taking into account the amount of freebies you can get, it seems reasonably balanced to me.
I literally said I only want balance. You really show yourself up if you think otherwise.

Read back, if you can properly. Clearly stated I want balance addressed as I feel sport mode/FIA should pay more as it's naturally tougher to succeed and it's the main focus of the game.

Basically I said the same and the chap, majorwolf72, that liked your comment. That's how daft you are guys. Grow up!

I literally said I only want balance. You really show yourself up if you think otherwise.

Read back, if you can properly. Clearly stated I want balance addressed as I feel sport mode/FIA should pay more as it's naturally tougher to succeed and it's the main focus of the game.

Basically I said the same and the chap, majorwolf72, that liked your comment. That's how daft you are guys. Grow up!

I agree, but since you can get tons of money easily elsewhere I don’t see the issue.

You didn’t serve, did you? I‘m not „a chap“... But it’s ok if you can’t follow my thinking. We ARE different. General Mattis, of whom you‘ve heard surely, once said: „Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet“.

Why so passive aggressive?

You mention "20m" multiple times.
There are other cars in the game.
Balance means making some cars difficult to obtain while still making it a reasonable task to obtain others.
Raise the payout too high and the effort required to obtain the cheaper cars becomes redundant.

You will find that some people rubber band, some manually grind, and others do neither of those things.
And yet you will also find people of all those camps with the same opinion regarding the games economy, namely that it's reasonably balanced.

I do neither of those things, nor have I won (and therefore don't own) any car worth more than 3.8mill.
But looking across the entire game, and not simply focusing on the extreme examples, it's my opinion that the games economy is reasonably balanced.

You would be better off campaigning that the 20mill cars are too expensive relative to other cars, rather than complaining of the game economy as a whole.

"Daft"? - Nope, just my opinion.
"Grow up"? - I'm 50 so I think I've got that bit covered.

Last edited:
Some players are so lazy because they can't put in the effort to get credits to buy things, well you can not blame the game for that can you. This game is well Balance for rewards right across the board and if you play less, well that is you fault and not the games fault for earning credits. There are plenty of credits in this game for you, and don't expect to play less to earn more credits just play more because it is a game to play over time.

Last edited:
Jeez seeing some of you guys defend the current economy is really sad. I have over 40h of play time and i stil can't buy the cars i want. I don't want to do a stupid race over and over again for 50h to get 5 cars i like. What kind of **** is that, where is the fun in that. If they make it hard to earn money, atleast let us try the cars for free in free play mode so we can test the cars and enjoy them on tracks whe like. They almost release DLC cars every month, but i can't drive more than the half of them because they are too expensive.

Jeez seeing some of you guys defend the current economy is really sad. I have over 40h of play time and i stil can't buy the cars i want. I don't want to do a stupid race over and over again for 50h to get 5 cars i like. What kind of **** is that, where is the fun in that. If they make it hard to earn money, atleast let us try the cars for free in free play mode so we can test the cars and enjoy them on tracks whe like. They almost release DLC cars every month, but i can't drive more than the half of them because they are too expensive.

Maybe it's because I played GTAV for almost 5 years but this doesn't sound bad to me at all. It would take years of grinding to own everything in that game. The difference is, they offered MtX in the form of in game currency. So if you really wanted something, you could pay for it (at the exchange rate of 8 million for $100 USD.)

Do I recommend PD sell the 330 P4 for $200? absolutely not. But 10 hours of grinding for $20 mill is a much better exchange rate than GTAV's, which is about 1/3 of that. And that's one of the most popular games of all time. So the complaints with GT Sports economy fall on deaf ears, for me at least.

It really doesn't have anything to do with "defending".
It's simply looking at the game as a whole and forming an opinion.

If I were to frequent these types of threads saying that the Mazda RX7 only costs 25,000Cr and therefore the economy is broken because the payouts are too high and need decreasing, it wouldn't be very well received by some.

See where I'm going?

Once again, it seems that most people have an issue with the cost of the handful of unicorn cars, which is fair enough and I would probably agree.
But asserting that to the "game economy" as a whole and calling it broken doesn't sit right with me.

If I had developing children and found out that they mindlessly grind Blue Moon for ages to get those double digit million cars, I'd be pretty pissed (with Polyphony/Sony). :)
So far I spent close to 100 Euros buying cars. And will gladly continue doing so (and support the incentive for more content). My only gripe here is that that you neither can't buy 2M+ cars, nor hope for them in the daily roulette.

The current game economy is very good and is spot on, and you have to congratulate PD on that. You have to play more because if you play less of this game, well the credits are not going come to you are they, you have to go and get them credits. It is so easy to earn credits in this game, so please don't Blame the game because it is your fault and not the games fault for not earning enough credits.

Some people lead more hectic lives than others. Real life callously getting in the way of the more serious credit collecting. Tut tut.

I just laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out.
Damn I'm getting old.

Yeah, that’s cute ;-) I think I saw the word „still“ there, too! All of my team mates mob me because I‘m still in three digits on my main account ;-) They have an average 1500 to 2000 hours when having started in November 2017...

I have just under 14 hours on my second account, am B S rated after the Cups on the 19th and have gotten, without grinding except for one BMB race to get the daily car in 12 minutes, 5.3 million credits. Actually, I think that’s overpaying, because what have I really achieved so far in all of 5 days of playing?

Which brings me back to my original point: If it is „collecting cars“ you want to do, this may not be the right game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back