GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,199 comments
Learning # 59:
Check assist settings before you race. It's Sunday today, and only just now after 7 days racing I realized that I had, for unknown reasons, Counter steering switched on. On strong. I saw it on a replay where a funny looking red wheel blinked away in all the corners.

No big deal, but the chicane with the poles really was harder with it on, and easier to get better exit speed without.
You have a 1.54.4 with it on 😯

Do you guys often try different cars during a week?
All the time. For several reasons. You never know when a car will just "fit" you better. And as you learn the track better, a car you tried previously and didn't like might suddenly be perfect for you.

The second reason, for me, is a lot of times when I try a different car, then switch back to my previous car, I suddenly improve with my previous car. I don't have a solid explanation for this, but it definitely happens for me.

Once I find a car I like, I might try one or two other cars per day, just to check them out. But I'm retired and spend a lot of time doing qualifying, so I'm probably not the norm. Nor am I @TheNormsk. :lol:

Tight lobby today - I was P3 at some point, then P4 all they way until a meter before the finish line.

DR favorable this week - 78% A.

That's if for me this week, Barca next week.

Skärmavbild 2024-03-31 kl. 20.35.21.png

Skärmavbild 2024-03-31 kl. 20.41.18.png

Skärmavbild 2024-03-31 kl. 20.39.38.png

Be sad to see Spa go. Great racing on the whole (though the amount of door banging on lap 1 in B/S lobbies has been surprising; it’s not a 4 lap sprint race!).

Also been enjoying the variable weather. Had a pattern yesterday I’d never seen before - weather map was all green, bit of rain on the windscreen, so I put on IMs at the pitstop, but the track stayed dry for ~5 more laps and I used up my tires (rears in the RSR were all red). Had to pit again on lap 15 or so.

Last edited:
Nor am I @TheNormsk. :lol:

Me? I’ll admit this week was a bit obsessive. I’ve been playing with different cars. Last night I was running the GTR in QT and I was able to get that quite often in the 1:54s. I even equaled my previous best time to the thousandth of a second, but annoyingly when I was on pace for a 1:54.5ish I crashed it into the cliff in the last zig-zag 🤦‍♂️.

Hopefully I’ll get another couple of races later on today but today is a family day

Had a great week of racing at GVH, boosted DR A to about 30% from barely a pixel at the start. Picked the Huracán at the start and ran with it all week, no wins just a few podiums the best a 2nd tonight in a mixed A+/A

18e9678f44242-screenshotUrl.jpg

QT also went well, first lap of the week was a 1.58.8** improved each day to a final 1.54.472 second on my ranking board, nearly got you @skandiamannen

Taking next week off, not a fan of Barcelona, and need a break.

18e9678be5b20-screenshotUrl.jpg

Made the mistake of trying GVH on a Sunday evening. I was P1, then P10 as I totally spaced out and hit a guardrail on lap 3. Lap 4, coming out of the tunnel into t13, I went from P10 to P4 to P15 in the span of a few seconds due to the carnage. I almost made it out alive, until someone pushed me into the hill so hard I actually had to reverse to get away from it. Oh well, at least I picked up some SR points.
Me? I’ll admit this week was a bit obsessive.
No, I wasn't referring to that. I was trying to make a joke. I had just typed something about being "the norm", and I thought to myself that it sounded a lot like your name, so I just mentioned your name. It has nothing to do with anything other than I thought it was funny. You did awesome this week, and I wouldn't begrudge you anything!!! :bowdown: Sorry if it sounded like I was being critical - far from it, I promise.

I guess I'll wrap it up tonight and do a few more races at GV and that's gonna be it for now, until next week. I'll get my DR and SR up somehow, I gotta have the strength and courage!!

Going to miss the many laps of Spa. Great moments, silly mistakes. So many different emotions during the week and really, what more can you ask for. Not to mention the variety of strategies, gambles, and thrills the rain, or even the threat of rain, created. What would have been excruciating in a short race, became an adventure with the longer format, and im grateful they gave it a shot. Looking forward to the next one like this. Hoping to maybe see a little day ->night transition in one of these race C’s with hopefully 1/3 day 2/3 night running.

The only downside was never getting a chance to race gv. I do really like that config with gr4 but spa was so outside anything we’ve seen since I started playing and it was fantastic in VR.

More please and thanks!

Last edited:
I'm going to miss GV. That one suited me well even though sometimes I was hard on myself for not getting a time in the mid 1:54s but then I had to remember I was comparing my time against those of A+ and high As; which I'm not even though they show up in my lobbies. That said, even running in mid pack it was super fun in races where the top 10 were separated by only 8 seconds at times.

I ended up doing 11 races on my main account across 4 cars; the Veyron (Which I ultimately set my fastest time of 1:54.870), the GT-R, the Lancer and the Huracán. I gained 9% during the week to finish at 40% DR A, my highest to date rating.

1711951850025.png

I also did 8 races on my Abroad account. This one also gained DR but less than I was expecting given it was a B account and I'd been racing at mid A level. That one was knocked back a bit by some arby-bargy racing but still up 8% to a 85% DR B. If I'd stayed on that account I probably could have taken it to A this week, but I gave up after the two glitched races the other night which had my P3 starting a weird P13 while going backwards in reverse.....

1711952152460.png

Let see what next week brings!

Last edited:
A good start to Watkins Week in the Corvette. 9 laps feels a bit short after the Spa marathon but it’s very relaxing.

Need to work on the qualifying and look after the tyres a bit better. I didn’t change them at the mandatory stop and the front left was completely dead on the last lap, even with brake balance to the rear.

Race A is 8 laps of Tsukuba in the Mazda Roadster TC on Sports Hards. DR (and SR) enabled!

Race B is 5 laps of Catalunya No Chicane, Gr3 on Racing Hards.

Race C is 9 laps of Watkins Glen Long, Gr4 on Race Mediums, 1 mandatory stop but no need to swap tyres or refuel.

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpeg
    IMG_4224.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
9 laps feels a bit short after the Spa marathon but it’s very relaxing.
An hour race like that should be a Race D really, it's just one extreme to the other. I may not have an hour to spend but I would like something more than 4/5 laps (at a track I hate didn't help of course haha).

I appreciate them mixing things up at least, more would be welcome!

Switched to the Veyron now in race C. Fastest lap on the way to 3rd in one race, then a bit more practice led to a pole position in the next. Immediate panic! Barely survived lap 1 and ducked into the pits. Was leading on the last lap but had absolutely shredded the tyres. Had to brake very early, got punted a couple of times and dropped to 5th.

Not worth losing 4-5 secs changing tyres in this one so need to find a new ride. At least my main account is back up to DR B now, ready for GT2 in the World Series.

Last edited:
I did 6 races at GV last week, and it was a disaster. Just look at the "Start" and "End" columns. Sigh.

1711966874762.png

I hate Catalunya, so I'm not sure how much racing I'll do this week (other than qualifying). I suppose I could see if I have enough attention span for WG, but probably not.

EDIT: I was confusing Catalunya with another track - I actually like this track.

Last edited:
Had a bunch of very clean races at Watkins Glen, really surprising. One Win, some places from second to forth. My best car is the Genesis GV70 Gr4, but one tyre was 100% red after 8 laps, maybe i should drive smoother. Tyre change is no option, the races are so close, there is no time for new tyres.
Lexus GR4 and Jaguar were also at the same level, not so easy to handle, but better with tyres.

Gr4 @ Watkins feels better than expected, thats good for me, i hate the Catalunya Track from the bottom of my heart since Microprose Grand Prix Circiut on my amiga in the early 90's.

Absolute **** move here

He'd been trying to push past all lap and tried to spin me once, I decided to pit to stop losing time due to it and he pulls that!

I guess I should have seen it coming.

Unfortunately I see that too much and that behavior has pretty much driven me from racing anymore. I love Watkins Glen though, so maybe I’ll give this week a shot, but I don’t expect things will be any better.

Back