GTP NASCAR Euro Racecar Series

• Thread starter Knelly
  • 250 comments
Reminder that we have a Pre Season Test tonight, room opening as close to 11:00 as I can get online.

We will run the specs with RS tyres to see whether this is the best combination for the laps I would like in each Sprint and Main race.

Hope to see you there 👍

Don't have the car yet but I may have the Lv.21 ticket. Depends on if drop sent it or not but I bet he did.

Also, will be along after the 'lympics.

Don't have the car yet but I may have the Lv.21 ticket. Depends on if drop sent it or not but I bet he did.

Also, will be along after the 'lympics.

I can't send until after tonight's reset. I sent RFLX his last prize ticket last night after reset. So, I'm locked until then. :guilty:

I still don't have Matty on my fr list, but I've gone ahead and sent an extra Lv21 ticket to Knelly so he can send it as needed.

I'm going to struggle fir time tonight guys. Still watching the Olympic Ceremony etc. anyone mind if we test things out tomorrow instead or was anyone in particularly looking forward to testing tonight?

Yeah todays better for me too 👍

Matty, I sent the level 21 ticket last night. Keep opening it until you get the Camaro LM Race Car. 👍

Maybe. I'm supposed to be having a late lunch out of town with the in-laws today, and don't know when I'll get back. :indiff:

MustangRyan
Matty, I sent the level 21 ticket last night. Keep opening it until you get the Camaro LM Race Car. 👍

Thanks mate, will send the NASCAR tonight 👍

What time is the test tonight? :)

OK so tonight we will look at running all the tracks on the calendar, in order to make sure the laps on the OP are correct based on the tyre compound. The idea is to have Race 1 as a Sprint with no pit stops, and Race 2 to include one pit stop.

Also, if you wanted to come along but don't have the Camaro yet, I'm more than happy for you to bring one of the following cars, to see if they are competitive.

- 2000 Ford Falcon (this will have more weight attached so may not be competitive at the same BHP)
- Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (CR) '00
- Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car #51 or #91
- Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
- Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

Should make for some good racing tonight 👍

Might want tyre wear and fuel usage off for the custom track since it has no pits. ;)

1st, 1st, and 3rd for me in TOCA today. :D

Last edited:
Sorry guys, when my one-and-a-half year old decides its time to sit in Dad's lap, there's not much I can say to change her mind. Your lap counts seemed a good match for the tires, I thought. I was having real issues with the trans setup, it's kinda difficult to make a six speed work correctly as a four speed. Anytime I was next to someone in a strait, it felt like I was down a cylinder or something. Tried adjusting the ratios a little, still wasn't working for me.

P.S. I think we all need some more practice with 'turn 1' at Tsukuba, that was ugly.:yuck:

Thanks for the testing tonight guys, felt it went really well. 7 in the room racing at one point was a good number.

So, we have changed to Racing Mediums and a slight change in laps for them to fit, with tyre wear playing a part in most races.

There will also be a rolling start each race, quali for the first and reverse grid for the second.

03 / 08 - Nurburgring GP/D (Race 1 - 9 Laps / Race 2 - 18 Laps) Substitute for Nogaro
10 / 08 - Tsukuba (Race 1 - 14 Laps / Race 2 - 26 Laps) Substitute for Brands Hatch
17 / 08 - Spa Francorchamps (Race 1 - 6 Laps / Race 2 - 12 Laps)
24 / 08 - 1/3 mile Joe's Tokyo Track (Race 1 - 20 Laps / Race 2 - 40 Laps) Substitute for Tours Speedway
31 / 08 - Monza (Race 1 - 6 Laps / Race 2 - 12 Laps) Substitute for Valencia SEMI FINAL
07 / 09 - Le Mans (Race 1 - 4 Laps / Race 2 - 8 Laps) FINAL

Thanks for the comments on the gears Mudd. I asked in the room after reading it and the general concensus is that they work well enough.

We had some very good battles on track and these cars seem to work really well.

Would appreciate any thoughts you guys have on this after the testing we have just done.

Thanks again. 👍

Peak torque is at 4500rpm and peak power is at 5100rpm, so you'd not want to change up a gear and find yourself lower than about 4800rpm. The default gearing puts you at 5000rpm when you change up at the start of the redline, and is what I'm using (adjusting only the max speed and final gear). These only hit the rev limiter another 500rpm into the red.

Re-named Tours Speedway is uploaded, and I'll do the tyre testing for it within the next day.

I've raced the LM in another series before, with the 6-speed tweaked (and on RS tires), I think trying to adjust it to 4 speed I must have missed the torque curve. It was slightly tail happy as well, I wasn't aware of the Mediums until I entered the room. I'll have to put some time into straitening it out, and give it another go.

I can make RS last 40 laps at Tours if I take it easy on tyres (rarely/never making a tyre go red). If I drive aggressively into the turns and make the front right go red on every turn, I get just under 25 laps. I imagine that dirty air would make the tyre wear worse.

With the same tests I got mediums to last 50 laps while taking it easy, which comes to about 30 laps if you are turning the front right red in every turn. The car has more power oversteer than on the softs.

So 20 and 30 on Softs and Mediums respectively, to avoid having tyre wear off and due to no pit stops?

Thanks Joe.

Before I used my ticket look what I found in the UCD..

06cddae7.jpg

1062ccb1.jpg

And then look what I got with the ticket the car I sent Drop in return for the ticket.. :lol:

b25327cd.jpg

Back