How long do you guys practice for?

• Thread starter VIPFREAK
  • 111 comments
yo yo yo... ur takin this all the wrong way!! remember this is only just a game... although i used to drift a lot... it was always for fun... do it for fun... if ur doin it to be better than some one... its a good motiviation but for me thats the wrong reason... i just like to do it for fun.... check out my vid tho... well its more like me and my bro's vid... but hey...

http://gaijinseito.infocule.com/GaijinSeito(Dano)/Faint%20-%20[DM].avi

This is becoming an addiction.
Two months ago, I was so enveloped in getting the fastest lap times, which I suppose is a strive for perfection, but drifting is all about the perfect line and smoothest control. I find it far more interesting and exciting than just driving really fast.

Getting good at anything requires practice and the more you practice the better you get. I don't really think of it as practice though. I just do it because it's fun, and I get good at it naturally. Plus the replays are a rewarding reflection of progression.

How long I do it for depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Sometimes I'll sit here (tv is next to computer) in my room and drift for an hour and take a break by talking to people or reading the threads on this forum or whatever, then go back to it for another hour or two. Sticking to that kind of pattern for an entire evening.

Smoke a bowl.

Chill.

Drift.

Originally posted by Street Fighter
This is becoming an addiction.
Two months ago, I was so enveloped in getting the fastest lap times, which I suppose is a strive for perfection, but drifting is all about the perfect line and smoothest control. I find it far more interesting and exciting than just driving really fast.

Getting good at anything requires practice and the more you practice the better you get. I don't really think of it as practice though. I just do it because it's fun, and I get good at it naturally. Plus the replays are a rewarding reflection of progression.

How long I do it for depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Sometimes I'll sit here (tv is next to computer) in my room and drift for an hour and take a break by talking to people or reading the threads on this forum or whatever, then go back to it for another hour or two. Sticking to that kind of pattern for an entire evening.

Yeah, I do the same thing. My computer is right by my TV, and I follow about the same practice regiment. My TV and computer are right by the window too, so I can smoke bowls and not stink up my room. 4:20 Drifters! Sound Off!

Smoke a bowl.

Chill.

Drift.
;)

I have been drifting for about 1 year and i'm still a n00b I dunno why I can't do a perfect drift in laguna seca way!!! i realy hate this track :banghead:
I wanted to know how to drift with the fully open throtle plus a zero counter steer can anyone teach me how to do that??

extreme car
I have been drifting for about 1 year and i'm still a n00b I dunno why I can't do a perfect drift in laguna seca way!!! i realy hate this track :banghead:
I wanted to know how to drift with the fully open throtle plus a zero counter steer can anyone teach me how to do that??

I can teach you how to drift AWD's without countersteer.... That's my specialty... Also, I can fully link Laguna Seca with a FR....

Send me a PM, and I will do all I can to help...

4:20 Drifters! Sound Off!

Woot!!!

;)

I try to get in at least an hour a day. I'm doing it for fun but I also want to be better. No point in just "doing it" with out getting any better. I look at it like golf. It's really fun, and you can get better while playing just for fun. But once you start keeping score, forget about it! :banghead:

oh lol i forgot to write "in the first two weeks, now its just 1 - 2 hours" sorry to scare everyone lol

I've been Drifting for close to 2 years... But i don't think that i'm an good, so i just started racing my Ghost and Drifting with it.

When i first started i drifted for about 4 or 5 hours ( :boggled: I don't remember) but now since i don't have anything to do, i'll talk on the phone and Drift (my Girlfriend is needy :banghead: )

i started about 4 months ago. I was really devoted in the first 2 weeks then gradually i slowed down. I get 30 minutes a day perhaps? I play 3 days out of the week

I've been messing around alot and i do know how to drift....except that I can only do it on several locations at different tracks...if I try to do it in one track I "F" up and spin or something. Although I did get very lucky one time in Trial Mountain back in 2002 and I saved it cuz I did kinda good!! :) and like I do it everyday I try at least 2 hours...I work from 11:00pm ---till 7:00am Wends - Sunday so I have about 4 hours of each day that I do this,,,,,so far I havent been able to replicate what I did in 2002,,,but hey practice makes everything better no?

oh man Ive been trying to drift with the F1 car....but it does that naturally..especially at the Tokyo R246 track at the end of the lap...cool!!! :scared: :ouch: :crazy: :dopey: :)

battle_stage
I've been drifting in GT3 for almost 3 years now. I have the potential to be godly, I can do anything in the car, but I always just fool around when drifting. Before I started playing Live For Speed my skills were peak, I could take anyone here I bet. Drifting in LFS threw off my dirfting in GT3

YOUR AN IDIOT WHEN U POSTED THAT GT3 WASNT EVEN OUT FOR 3 YEARS STUPIDASS AND I KNOW FOR A FACT I COULD OUT DRIFT YOUR ASS WITH MY CHASER,FD AND S.S VERSION ***** :grumpy: 👎

drifter x
YOUR AN IDIOT WHEN U POSTED THAT GT3 WASNT EVEN OUT FOR 3 YEARS STUPIDASS AND I KNOW FOR A FACT I COULD OUT DRIFT YOUR ASS WITH MY CHASER,FD AND S.S VERSION ***** :grumpy: 👎
Talk the trash somewhere else, bud. You'll find that it takes more than 3 posts to give you enough credibility to be able to call someone out like that.

Read the rules here. There are links in my signature.

drifter x
i need a challenge, can i challenge u? and ryen ru on socom right now?

Sorry you got so butthurt. I don't recall when GT3 got released. When I posted that, I made an approximate guess. I had lived at my current apt for 2 years when I poset that. I had GT3 before I moved here. So I said ALMOST 3 years. Dry your tears....

ncdrifter
ive been drifting for a week...
i guess im pretty good but nothing like cmd

Hmm... well it takes time, techique, and confidence if noting else. If you feel like your crap (even worse than a certain idoit a few months back...)... you will most likley not perform well. But if you try hard you will.

I think the question though was how long in a secession does someone pratice for, but I could be wrong.

Plus this thread is a few months old, but then again I dunno, maybe we should let an Admin say something about it. I would stay out but I figure why not save some time and try to be of some help to someone.

Plus, you've just started if' it's a week, it takes time obviousy, for me it took me a good 8 months (but only so because the times I could practice were anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks...) of fragmented times, I'm guessing in all days maybe just over 3 weeks, maybe shorter. Just keep at it and have some confidence. Trust me, it'll help.

Not sure what else to say, till later.

When I have time.....it's kinda hard to when most of my time is consumed by making my website and learning the various web development languages (html 4.01, css3, xhtml, dhtml, php, xml etc...). No thanks to having 3-4 hours of homework everynight. I could whine all day about how little time I have (not to be *****y), but I honeslty haven't drifted in a loooooooong time, I use my spare time on career stuff.

Wow, I sound like a total nerd up there. :yuck:

Back