How many replies can we get??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Rice Rocketeer

really? :odd:

so where is ur "bud" ZeroCool85?? :odd:

are u two related or is it just ZeroCool85 under two names? :odd:

Hey Rice! Asenna told me all this crap bout you thinking we are the same person! Hate to break it 2 u but we are both on and I only have this one comp!!

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

Hey Rice! Asenna told me all this crap bout you thinking we are the same person! Hate to break it 2 u but we are both on and I only have this one comp!!

hey hey... zero's back... to stay?

how's it going zero?

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

dude bro!!! im not talking trash!!!

i just had some suspicion inside of me!!! hope u understand that it is nothing personal!!! :)

wait a minute.....nevermind! :(

dude bro!!! im not talking trash!!!

i just had some suspicion inside of me!!! hope u understand that it is nothing personal!!! :)

wait a minute.....nevermind! :(

Nice Stealth mode!

Originally posted by BMW///M3
fine:odd: Pako, you've turned Gen-Xish

WHAT IS GENERATION X?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's the group of people born between 1961 and 1981. It's that simple.

It seems we have come to be called Xers simply because we represent something negativee to our elders. We may be the one thing that all of the generations who currently precede us have in common. That is--the ability to speak assuredly about our shortcomings. Of course, they overlook the fact theat we are their responsibility, or actually their fault, our generation will be called upon to look after our parents knowing that they failed to look after us. Intergenerational justice failed somewhere along the way and it will be our task to either rectify it or make it worse.

We are a group of individuals who grew up with no one at home after school. It appears we have little hope for the future. No jobs, no homes, and basically no money are almost expected of us. These bleak prospects, along with the fact that we will be forced to support the largest amount of senior citizens ever, do not provide much hope. Some believe that these blockades will be too much for us to handle and we will for the most part fail at life, but many see our individualism and resourcefulness that have been built up through our childhoods as our saviors. We will soon discover who is right and who is wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitions of Generations

Generation X
We are the current 15-35 year olds. We live in the present, like to experiment, and are looking for immediate results. We are selfish, and cynical, and depend a lot on our parents. We question authority and feel like we carry the burden of the previous generations.

Boom Generation
They are the current 36-53 year olds. They have a strong set of ideals and traditions, and are very family oriented. They are fearful of the future, politically conservative and active and fairly socially liberal.

Silent Generation
They are the current 54-71 year olds. They were very hard working, economically conscience, and trusting of the government. They were very optimistic about the future and held a strong set of moral obligations.

Millennial Generation
They are currently age 14 and younger. They are very materialistic, selfish, and disrespectful. They are very aware of the world and very technologically literate. They are trying to grow-up too fast, and have no good role models to look towards.

Where do you fall into? :D

FACTS AND FIGURES OF GEN-X
Not to mention anecdotes about our generation

EDUCATION:

+ 54% have completed or enrolled in more than one year of college.

- College loans are almost necessary and are coming due.

INVESTMENTS:

+ 8% of Xers contribute to a retirement plan--more than Boomers at this age.

+ 40% of Xers invest in mutual funds.

- We've been left with a 4 trillion dollar debt.

POLITICS:

+ 17% contributed to a political campaign.

+ 42% thought it was worthwhile to call a politician.

+ We have no faith that politicians will help us, so we do it ourselves.

- 63% are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the U.S.

SOCIAL:

+ We have learned from our parent's mistakes: we are marrying later, having kids later, and want to spend more time with family.

+ 56% volunteered and 71% donated to charity.

- 46% are still crashing with mom and dad.

- To us, sex means AIDS and drugs mean addiction.

- More of us believe we will see a UFO than a social security check with our name on it.

By Cayman Seacrest

the politically correct term for this is "invisible mode"

Politically it's "Stealth Mode"

Technically it's "Invisible Mode"

:D

Just wanted to clear that up. ;)

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.........CRASH!

you made a BIG error!

GenX starts with curent 20 year olds(if you go by your 56-81 idea, which i somewhat agree with)

what did you miss? A HUGE MISS IT IS!

GEN Y!
currently around 13-20, with a slight GenX and GenY crossover in the age of 20-21.
GenY:
the kids born with the ability to work a computer. were teens at the age of the new millenium, and grow up in a sick, twisted, but high tech. environment. have no hope, because they will surly be dragged into some kind of world economic depressing war, in which nuclear weapons will be used, and many will die

I'm a Proud Gen-Yer myself!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back