Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,762 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Browsing for Gran Turismo
UK
1990's
Yes, Thrustmaster t248
Action, Adventure, strategy, FPS
Engaging with the Gran Turismo community

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello,
I was trying to find settings for my new wheel.
I’m from California
Can’t remember when I started racing
I run a Fanatec CSL DD 5 nm CSL Elite WRC Wheel Csl pedals QR1 lite
Love any racing

How I got here: Followed the thread about engine swaps.
I Live in the UK.
A formula one simulator on a zx spectrum 48k way way back in the mists of time.
I'm using the ps5 dual sense controller which unfortunately has a bit of drift on the right stick, don't really have space for seat and wheel set up.
Recently played assassin's creed, anno1800 and restarted GTA5.
My purpose for signing in here diversify the cars I use as the credit grind all but lost me six months ago, A crazy wheelie pulling Fiat500 and a Porsche slaying MK1 VW Golf GTi have kinda made things a bit more fun than constantly lapping Sard
egna.

Hello ,
I found GTPlanet on Google when i was looking for GT Forums
I reside in India
I have been playing racing games since GT2
I was playing on a G20 on the PS3 - right now with a controller - Upgrade coming soon
CoD / Overwatch / WRC / ACC
I look forward to joining racing league lobbies and championships
Good to see a fellow Indian driver here sir. :cheers:

Hello everyone !
I discovered your site because I have been interested in car games since Grand Prix Legends (papyrus) in 1998. then there was R facor Live for Speed and now Assetto Corsa I played online at the time but not anymore because It’s taking up too much time from my life! I like making car and helmet skins, it must be said that I worked in illustration for a long time so it's something that I like to do.
I'm playing with Logitech G29 while waiting for better!

Attachments

• 70's Drivers Helmets.jpg
    70's Drivers Helmets.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hello,

-Found GTPlanet when googling news and tips.
-Finland
-Started raging games 2021 (gt sport)
-Wheel, GT DD Pro.
-Waiting... Assetto Corsa 2, Hoping good rally cross game for ps5 some day.
-Basically lookin for tips and common information about game beahavior.

Last edited:
  • I just stumbled upon GTPlanet while looking for GT7 info.
  • Currently living in SLC, Utah
  • I used a Fanatec GT DD Pro 8 Nm with McClaren GT3 and Porsche GT3 RS Podium wheels, and CSL Elite V2 pedals.
  • I love Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Hogwarts, and Ratchet & Clank.
  • Car tunings, tips, and tricks.

• I just found this site for the first time tonight lol I was looking to get better at tuning and stumbled into it. Quite happy I have found it!
  • WV USA
  • I started playing racing games in the 80s. I'm old.
  • I'm currently in the market for one. Using the analog stick in GT7 is quite the challenge lol
  • I grew up playing Resident Evil, fighting games, and some sports games. I'll try anything, really.
  • Learning to tune and create better tunes for my cars in GT7 :D

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone!
First of all, i am happy that site like this exists. I think i will spend much time in here.
So i found GTPlanet while i was looking for some racing leagues.
I am from Slovakia.
I started playing racing games when i was 5 years old. One of my first racing games was Gran Turismo 1. I still have the original disc with the Playstation 1.
I recently bought a racing wheel. It is the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT. The first one i bought lasted for 5 days and broke. So i hope the second one will last longer....
I enjoy all sorts of games. I play on Playstation 5, PC and sometimes Xbox one X too.
I hope that i will find some good racing tips, tunes and people that enjoy racing as much as i do :)

Hi I'm new here.
I discovered GT Planet by searching forums for rally games.
I am from the Czech Republic
I am a fan of rally sports and rally games.
I play EA WRC and Dirt Rally 2.0 on PC + Thrustmaster T500 RS.
I started playing since the release of the first Dirt Rally

• Where are you from?

Google was searching for gt setups
UK
N

• Where are you from?

Google was searching for some setups
Uk
IDK
no

Any racing ones
Idk

Hey everyone,

I am from France.
I started simracing this year and I discovered the forum while searching solutions with my setup.
I have csl dd setup with csl pedals with loadcell and the most basic wheel the P1 V2.
I love gran turismo and rally games.

Nice to meet you all !

Hello gtPlanet community,

We (my son and I) have been playing GT7 for a little under a year now and just joined PS+ about a week ago for online races in Sport mode. Just here to introduce myself and looking forward to learning from those that have much more experience than me. My PSN name is totmtb and my GT7 nickname is OnCloud911.

• Web Search.
  • Where are you from?
    • Inland Northwest part of US.
    • In the 80s as a kid, beginning with arcade games like "Out Run", "Super Off-Road", and then on Nintendo with R.C. Pro-Am.
    • We use the Fanatec GT DD Pro with CSL Load Cell and McLaren GT3 wheel mounted to Trak Racer TR8 PRO frame.
    • ACC, Fortnite, Ratchet & Clank, and many more. But most of my time is on GT7 now.
    • Learning about various car setups, racing and pit stop strategies from other members here.

• I came across GT Planet as I was looking for tuning tips, and came across Praiano63's tuning guide. It is amazing that someone takes the time to tune all of these cars and post them for all to use!
  • Here representing Ohio
  • I started playing racing games in the 80's with Pole Position, but the original Gran Turismo was what really got me hooked. I have not raced online yet, I tend to like racing on my own against the AI, but I will have to test my skills online eventually.
  • Just got my first racing wheel, Thrustmaster T-GT 2. Currently have it mounted to an X Rocker Racing Rig to keep it semi-portable
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • I am looking forward to using the tunes available, and hope to find some like-minded, casual racers on here to bounce problem races off of.

Hi all
i found gtplanet on youtube.
i'm from italy
i start to play racing games in early '90 thanks to MICROPROSE's GP 😍
i owned a g29 and i'm interested in all simracing simulators from rfactor to assetto corsa.

Hi everyone. I'm a new/old member. I first joined back when GT5 came out. But after time I have lost my past login info. So I rejoined. I have been playing since GT1. I use a PS4 and use a T300 wheel. i live in Regina Saskatchewan, Canada. My user ID is THE_KART96 and my nick name is DHR_KART96.My You Tube channel is Crew Chiefs Corner were I post race replays and some tunes.https://www.youtube.com/@crewchiefscorner7758

Last edited:
  • I came across GT Planet as I was looking for tuning tips, and came across Praiano63's tuning guide. It is amazing that someone takes the time to tune all of these cars and post them for all to use!
  • Here representing Ohio
  • I started playing racing games in the 80's with Pole Position, but the original Gran Turismo was what really got me hooked. I have not raced online yet, I tend to like racing on my own against the AI, but I will have to test my skills online eventually.
  • Just got my first racing wheel, Thrustmaster T-GT 2. Currently have it mounted to an X Rocker Racing Rig to keep it semi-portable
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • I am looking forward to using the tunes available, and hope to find some like-minded, casual racers on here to bounce problem races off of.
Thanks for directing us to @praiano63 tuning guide! I didn't know that existed yet. BTW, I was also hesitant of online and really enjoyed the AI racing. Now that I have competed online a bit, I absolutely love it! The more even match-up makes it a very exciting, and when you're wheel-to-wheel with another clean racer through a series of corners, it's an absolute blast!

Last edited:
Hey guys and girls!

How did you find GTPlanet?
Found GT Planet by searching for solutions for some problems in game and hardware stuff.
Where are you from?
I am from Portugal.
When did you start playing racing games?
Back in the days I played with my good old Game Gear titles like out run, sonic drift or micro machines and since then I started to play racing stuff, but only now I became more into sim, or simcade, games.
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Started with a second handed T300 and a wheel stand and passed to a Playseat Challenge, but since the last month I upgraded all my stuff and run in a GT Omega Titan with a GT DD Pro and the Elite V2 pedals.
What other games do you enjoy?
Mostly sports games like Football Manager and FIFA (the good old one not this EAFC thing), but like some action and shooter games.
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
To improve my knowledge and to share experiences with the community.

Last edited:
    • I had read about it other places and when searching for gt7 leagues it came up
  • Where are you from?
    • Mid Atlantic USA
    • As a kid a played the original GT a lot, it really picked up during the pandemic. The open road feel of rally games was appealing to a person stuck indoors.
    • As a tried new styles of racing I caught the bug
    • yes thrustmaster 300rs gt edition
    • F1, Assetto Corsa, Mechwarrior, battletech
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community
    • Finding a racing league

• Where are you from?
    • Houston, TX
    • In the early 00’s with Pole Position on the N64 and Rush 2
    • Yes, and also with a controller depending on the racing game I’m playing. I have the GT DD Pro from Fanatec.
    • Racers, RPGs, & FPS (Horror as well)
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Gain insight from others and enjoy the community’s presence through GTPlanet.

Hello from Finland!

I started my console gaming in the nineties with the Gran Turismo series and have been on Xbox since FM6 but now returning to Sony platform and felt it's time to join the forums. I have known the forums for some time now, I originally found GTPlanet while searching a car list for some Gran turismo game and have been a reader since. I have found those lists greatly helpful when doing some pre-purchace game research, thank you for those.🙏

I have played with a controller since GT1 and would describe myself as a casual player who appreciates fair & fun racing.

Hey there my name is Kenny and this is my first time racing gt7 online.

• Where are you from?
    • St. Louis MO
    • G29
    • Sports
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Racing against people that know how to race

Last edited:
Green Doggo here. Loves mainly Arcade Racers. Wasn't too interested in joining, but after seeing arcade racers being part of this site, despite being more Gran Turismo focused, well, why not? Plus, I just miss forum sites in general.

Hello. (TLDR, looking for a gt7 league)

Recently joined the world of Sim Racing this past December. Found the g29 on a big sale and decided to give gt7 a go. I don’t think I owned many racing games growing up. Maybe a couple, atv off road 2/3?? So this is my first proper adventure with a sim racing game. I hit collector 50 a couple weeks ago and noticed a nice sale on ps plus so I decided to finally try some online races. I got right in sport mode, race B's. I hit Driver B rating last night.

My reason for coming here, I’d be interested in exploring some leagues to try competitive racing against similar skilled opponents without the immense stress of being unfairly dive bombed in every single corner.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hi there, racers! Here's my answers:

Surfin' the net!
Italy
Since I was a kid, last eighties
I do! G29, soon a G PRO
Action, adventure, puzzle
Confront, learn, inform, help if I can and have fun!

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hi there I'm peaches
I have found GT Planet through my husband Desi Stig he does live streams on YouTube he put up a post, im here to support him but I can't seem to find thus post

Attachments

• IMG-20240214-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240214-WA0001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5
I found GT Planet while searching for some help with GT7 decals not working.

I'm from Brazil.

I started playing racing games with Super Monaco GP on Mega Drive.

I don't have a steering wheel, I play with my PS4 Dual Shock controller.

I like many different kinds of games, sports like Winning Eleven/PES, FIFA, F1 etc, RPG games like Pokemon and Digimon, Card Games like YuGiOh, fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, "unknown" games like Poy Poy 2 and also a few shooting games like Resident Evil series.

I'm looking for meeting new people whose passion lies on Gran Turismo series, learning more about the game, develop racing techniques, finding solution for some in-game problems, especially regarding SVG files and helping anyway I can.

Last edited:
Hello gtPlanet community,

We (my son and I) have been playing GT7 for a little under a year now and just joined PS+ about a week ago for online races in Sport mode. Just here to introduce myself and looking forward to learning from those that have much more experience than me. My PSN name is totmtb and my GT7 nickname is OnCloud911.

• Web Search.
  • Where are you from?
    • Inland Northwest part of US.
    • In the 80s as a kid, beginning with arcade games like "Out Run", "Super Off-Road", and then on Nintendo with R.C. Pro-Am.
    • We use the Fanatec GT DD Pro with CSL Load Cell and McLaren GT3 wheel mounted to Trak Racer TR8 PRO frame.
    • ACC, Fortnite, Ratchet & Clank, and many more. But most of my time is on GT7 now.
    • Learning about various car setups, racing and pit stop strategies from other members here.
Hey man, welcome!! My name is Chris. GTplanet is an awesome website, I'm so glad I found it in August 2021. Best move I made.

Hi All,

I found gtPlanet via you tube, and am looking forward to trying to improve my lap times further as well as diving deeper into the mechanics of GT7.

I'm in New Zealand and have been playing GT since the first, but never really fully indulging until GT7.

I'm currently playing with a Dualsense controller (the paddles are fantastic and were great in helping transition from racing with an automatic to a manual gearbox), but also have a logitech G29 wheel that doesn't' get much use due to space limitations, and a PSVR2 headset.

As for other games, I've played shooters and the like in the past, but have been finding them less interesting in the past couple of years, preferring to stick with driving games but mostly GT7.
I've been looking at Trackmainia and finding it interesting, but still trying to get a handle on the mechanics of the game.

Back