Is a Hot Dog a Sandwich?

• Thread starter Joel
  • 400 comments

Is a Hot Dog a Sandwich?

• Total voters
A burger with three or more buns will be a cake. Two will just be a sandwich. The classification of the food is based on the locations of the starch in a meal.

View attachment 1190992

Source: https://cuberule.com/
What the diddly darn Smeg is a pile of Pancakes doing with the word "Flapjacks" under it. Utter shunt of a comment there.

This is a flapjack, a dense oaty concoction glued together with a butter and syrup mixture.
flapjack-1.jpg

So a Big Mac is a cake. Good to know.

What if the starch is in the product? Like croutons in soup?

What the diddly darn Smeg is a pile of Pancakes doing with the word "Flapjacks" under it. Utter shunt of a comment there.

This is a flapjack, a dense oaty concoction glued together with a butter and syrup mixture.
View attachment 1191080
In America (and maybe Canada?) flapjacks are pancakes. The term "flapjack" is not used nearly as often as "pancakes", but I'd guess that it's used in this case because of the word "cake" in "pancake" being too suggestive that it actually belongs in the "cake" category. The idea is for it to be fairly funny and obnoxious, so if it literally says "cake" in the word, it doesn't come off as being quite as funny.

It's not a problem in the US that we use "flapjack" for pancake. Nobody gets confused, because we simply don't have/eat what you're calling a flapjack ;).

Are crab cakes flapjacks?

Wait, no, they're nachos.
Crab cakes are expert level espionage assets.

I want to eat a crab cake now.

I am allergic.

Still really want to eat a crab cake.

Back