Is cutting through the grass cheating?

• Thread starter Concept
  • 48 comments
I used to have the same problem, (but Trial Mountain is my favorite course) but if you basically smooth out your actions with the gas and the break, and use the signs on the right hand side of the track to mark your position you can get through that corner nearly or absolutely flat chat every time, and it makes a big difference to your lap time on that lap, and the next as you fly up that hill towards the first tunnel (another challange in itself). Analog gas and brake is a must for allowing smooth enough control. Try using the two joysticks on the game pad if you don't have a wheel.

I've got all 3 TOCA's and the skill involved in winning the championships is a bit more than in GT i think. Pitting tactically to not come out in traffic, repair damage or not?? which tires to change? The cars were all so closely matched that i spent as much time looking behind me than i did in front of me.

For any of u that didn't know TOCA 4 or (TOCA Race Driver) comes out next year, more of a career style than any of the others. Most advanced damage engine ever..... failures, blow-outs. Certainly GT could do with taking a leaf out of its book.

Originally posted by Trailer01
But.....wouldn't that make the back all slidy-like? I mean even more so than normal? :eek:

it's supposed to. the FF cars usually have strong understeer. if you put S H tyres on it, it'll make the back end a little kitty-wompus so you can turn corners better.

Originally posted by ajmilesno1
I've got all 3 TOCA's and the skill involved in winning the championships is a bit more than in GT i think. Pitting tactically to not come out in traffic, repair damage or not?? which tires to change? The cars were all so closely matched that i spent as much time looking behind me than i did in front of me.

For any of u that didn't know TOCA 4 or (TOCA Race Driver) comes out next year, more of a career style than any of the others. Most advanced damage engine ever..... failures, blow-outs. Certainly GT could do with taking a leaf out of its book.

I agree, but I hear that there isn't damage in the GT games so far because the manufacturers think it's bad for the image of the cars, they want you to see the car in the best light it can be seen in.

tr
Originally posted by ericthemonster

I agree, but I hear that there isn't damage in the GT games so far because the manufacturers think it's bad for the image of the cars, they want you to see the car in the best light it can be seen in.

well, that's the biggest pile of s:mad::mad:t I've ever heard! almost every other game allows for car damage. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. that's just stupid!

Originally posted by gran_turismo_bandit
tr

well, that's the biggest pile of s:mad::mad:t I've ever heard! almost every other game allows for car damage. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. that's just stupid!

Stupid, but true! Does that fact make it a bad game? No, but IMHO it sure could enhance it.

:cheers:

well, even crash physics like in The Need For Speed, copyright 1996 would be better. the car can crash and flip all around, but doesn't hurt it at all, then you're car is reset.

Originally posted by gran_turismo_bandit
well, even crash physics like in The Need For Speed, copyright 1996 would be better. the car can crash and flip all around, but doesn't hurt it at all, then you're car is reset.

That would be alright, but GT3 is more of a simulation game as opposed to the arcade-ish-ness of Need For Speed. I kinda think it would be goofy if you have the most realistic driving game ever and you can flip your car and just have it come back perfect. BUT if you could flip it and it showed damage and actually knocked you out of the race, that would be cool, but if they did that they could also have regular damage in it, which I'm all for :D

well, if they don't want the cars shown damaged, then that would be the only real option. if the need for speed games have licensed cars and they show damage, they why can't the GT games? of course, what i'd like to see is that if you nail the wall right where the pit divider starts with oh, say, the left front, at about, oh, 150 mph, that your car is wrecked like if you did it in real life. everyone know where i am talking about? where they put those barrels so nobody can nail that at high speeds.

Back