Legendary cars dealer refresh

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 8,348 comments
I get the idea that PD recognizes that invites were a mistake. Otherwise, there are a variety of cars that we've gotten post-launch that would make sense to be locked behind invites, like the Porsche 918 or the Aston Martin Valkyrie.
you would certainly hope so!

300 SL W194...

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

I aquired all othe cars long ago but now and then i revisit the LCD, and sometimes you are glad to do so.
Bought a second Ferrari GTO this morning, so got on stock and the other one widebody and maxed out...
Took that out for a spin on the first weekly challange race at Spa....., man what a blast was that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Should do those things more often, sport softs and smoke them immidiately in 4th gear :lol::lol:

Great sound tho! and since long time ago i watched a complete replay :)

I aquired all othe cars long ago but now and then i revisit the LCD, and sometimes you are glad to do so.
Bought a second Ferrari GTO this morning, so got on stock and the other one widebody and maxed out...
Took that out for a spin on the first weekly challange race at Spa....., man what a blast was that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Should do those things more often, sport softs and smoke them immidiately in 4th gear :lol::lol:

Great sound tho! and since long time ago i watched a complete replay :)
🥰 The 288 GTO is my favourite Ferrari, so perfect!

Can someone confirm, on gtdb it shows the xj220, c2 corvette, and 962c last appeared in late november/early december

that's not correct?

First three words.

There's no numbers anywhere in the car's name, on its body, or in its documentation. The official name is "Ferrari GTO", which GT gets right, and any use of numbers is unofficial and colloquial.

Per Ferrari itself:

The official model designation was solely GTO, although most people refer to it as the “288 GTO” to differentiate it from the 250 GTO model in conversation

First three words.

There's no numbers anywhere in the car's name, on its body, or in its documentation. The official name is "Ferrari GTO", which GT gets right, and any use of numbers is unofficial and colloquial.

Per Ferrari itself:

Official or unofficial, there is no rule or law that prevents it from being called "Ferrari 288 GTO".
And everyone immediately understands which model it is.
Even at Maranello.
:cheers:

Official or unofficial, there is no rule or law that prevents it from being called "Ferrari 288 GTO".
Nor any other name. But its actual name is "Ferrari GTO".

If it was my favourite car, I'd sure call it the right name... but that's just me.

On the flip side of naming accuracy in GT7 (a rare game to get the GTO right), it gets the Dino 246GT semi-wrong as it wasn't produced as a Ferrari. However Ferrari considers the car a Ferrari and its owners Ferrari owners even though it was produced as a Dino, so listing it as a Ferrari is okay.

First three words.

Per Ferrari itself:
GTO on its own can be misunderstood as a reference to the 250 GTO. I think that’s why people like to say 288.

The 365 GTB4 is also loosely referred to as the Daytona. It’s just a nickname that helps to clarify what’s being talked about.

GTO on its own can be misunderstood as a reference to the 250 GTO. I think that’s why people like to say 288.
Yes, that's what the quote I posted from Ferrari itself says - although the 250 GTO did have the numbers in its name, as does the 599 GTO.

The 365 GTB4 is also loosely referred to as the Daytona. It’s just a nickname that helps to clarify what’s being talked about.
It seems to be difficult. 🤔
May I suggest to call it "Lord GTO - the one who must not be named"?

Just a joke, please don't ... whatever 😅

Cheers
M

Yes, that's what the quote I posted from Ferrari itself says - although the 250 GTO did have the numbers in its name, as does the 599 GTO.
What’s the big deal then? Sometimes I write Ferrari GTO and then pray that everyone understands that I’m talking about the 1980s model. Easily prevented by typing 288 regardless of how unofficial it is.

The 300SL Merc is back quicker than anticipated. As one of the four remaining LCD cars, no way am I getting that before it drops with my current, measly 12mil sitting in the bank.

That being said, 75% of the remaining cars I need to buy from the LCD are 20mil. So, even if I could afford it, that'd just keep me from buying the next one that appears. So onward we go.... I mean, wait.

Last edited:
Got myself up to 17.8m last night, so only two more runs at Sardegna and that tasty little Merc will be in my garage and I'll be done with the 20 million credit cars and everything else in the LCD and UCD! Just a matter of collecting all the Brand Central cars I've not yet forked out for (mainly VGT and the more expensive race cars).

Only just found this “Legends Dealership” page and saw that I have five cars worth 20 million each, plus other cars to get too. No wonder people hate the grind.

My 20 million list;
• Shelby Cobra Coupe ‘64
• McLaren F1 ‘94
• Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta '38
• Ferrari 250 GTO ‘62
• Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) ‘52

But once they’re bought, other than the McLaren there’s nowhere to use them anywhere so is there really any point in grinding for them?

Only just found this “Legends Dealership” page and saw that I have five cars worth 20 million each, plus other cars to get too. No wonder people hate the grind.

My 20 million list;
• Shelby Cobra Coupe ‘64
• McLaren F1 ‘94
• Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta '38
• Ferrari 250 GTO ‘62
• Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) ‘52

But once they’re bought, other than the McLaren there’s nowhere to use them anywhere so is there really any point in grinding for them?
For some reason PD hasn’t created events for them. Create your own then.

Back