Mostly vintage Racing, Thursday Nights 7:30 CST (switching to Sunday 1pm CST)

• Thread starter hawkeyez
  • 159 comments
This sounds right up my street! I've sent hawkeye a friend req. I'm in the UK, so Sunday evenings work out nicely for me :)
I'll make some of these muscle car tunes, but happy to race anything with some character :D

Sounds good. I’m going to screenshot my tunes for lolrom soon. For the most part I’ve got them running pretty close on Watkins Glen and road Atlanta. Hard to match up perfectly.

But yes, run and tune however you like. We do have a fun Camaro tune. The thing four wheel drifts in a fairly controlled manner hahaha

7:30pm for July and August. 9:30pm for the rest of the months.

We are normally just 3 racers but looking for more. Would be nice to find about 3-5 more drivers of similar skill level. (Not great but not too bad either)

We always try to match our performance points and tires. More often than not we just run the same cars to ensure it’s fairly close racing, and it usually is. We have had a lot of close races. Also if somebody has a bad wipeout we usually “throw up a caution” and let everyone sort of bunch up again. If it’s not the last couple laps and there’s a battle for 1st that is.

So yeah we try to race clean, take it somewhat serious but it’s all in good fun as well.

Any takers?
do you have discord my psn name is Hypotek_GBR would be good to do a few races with some clean racers

Sounds good. I’m going to screenshot my tunes for lolrom soon. For the most part I’ve got them running pretty close on Watkins Glen and road Atlanta. Hard to match up perfectly.

But yes, run and tune however you like. We do have a fun Camaro tune. The thing four wheel drifts in a fairly controlled manner hahaha
Won't make it tomorrow but yeah, I can confirm you that the camaro tune and the firebird are very fun to race with.
You guys have fun tomorrow, Ill see you soon on track.

Won't make it tomorrow but yeah, I can confirm you that the camaro tune and the firebird are very fun to race with.
You guys have fun tomorrow, Ill see you soon on track.
Will try to remember to screenshot my tunes I have for the muscle cars and post. They’re not great by any means I just like how they drive. Apparently there’s some way to jack your car up, add or remove downforce etc and be super fast. Don’t care to be the fastest, just the most fun. haha

For those that want to match up some tunes. Here they are. Not perfected yet, I might add some parts but won’t take any parts off. For the most part they’re pretty close at Watkins Glen, within a couple seconds, I plan on testing more and trying to get them all very close on that track at least.

It’s dumb GT7 doesn’t let us share tunes/setups.

Attachments

• IMG_4639.jpeg
    IMG_4639.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4654.jpeg
    IMG_4654.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4653.jpeg
    IMG_4653.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4652.jpeg
    IMG_4652.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4651.jpeg
    IMG_4651.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4650.jpeg
    IMG_4650.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4649.jpeg
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4648.jpeg
    IMG_4648.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4647.jpeg
    IMG_4647.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4646.jpeg
    IMG_4646.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4640.jpeg
    IMG_4640.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4642.jpeg
    IMG_4642.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4643.jpeg
    IMG_4643.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4644.jpeg
    IMG_4644.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4645.jpeg
    IMG_4645.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 12
How they drive is the main point, then it's down to us to drive them well and produce good racing. I don't really care either if they are performant compared to some random cars all jacked up..

For those that want to match up some tunes. Here they are. Not perfected yet, I might add some parts but won’t take any parts off. For the most part they’re pretty close at Watkins Glen, within a couple seconds, I plan on testing more and trying to get them all very close on that track at least.

Awesome thanks a lot Hawkeyez. Ill set them up this week.

Last edited:
How they drive is the main point, then it's down to us to drive them well and produce good racing. I don't really care either if they are performant compared to some random cars all jacked up..
Yeah for the Camaro we had hopped it up but had racing tires on it and it just didn’t feel right. Put on lesser tires and it came alive. I don’t like a car that just grips. It all comes down to hitting braking points and acceleration points and hitting the apex. When a car is loose it throws a wrench into the mix and more room for error. We all used to play GT Legends and that game was a lot of fun for that reason. Four wheel slides around corners, sometimes you spin out. I find the fast grippy cars boring. We really like those AC Cobra’s they are a handful to drive. Hahaha

Thanks for all the setups! Sounds like we're on the same page - daily races are way too try-hard, to the point of being unrealistic. I'm up for some casual competitiveness, with nothing but fun at stake :)
Agreed on tyres too - I tend to run comforts on older cars, and save race tyres for race cars.

Yeah I host the lobby and half the time I’m at the back hahaha. I give way too much space and we get randoms come in and they will use your car to make the corner. If I see you there, I may hang it out wide around the entire corner or I may keep it tucked tight around the apex. Whatever line I’m on going in I’ll stay there. Anyway I could care less if I win. But I do like to see people holding their lines through the corners when it’s close.

Those daily races, I sometimes grab 2nd place or even first, other times I just get wiped out to the back of the pack because some bozos try to win it in the first corner. It’s like come on, if you’re behind me on Monza, stay behind me until we get thru that chicane, if you’re faster you’re faster, plenty of laps to pass lol

anyway see you on later maybe.

Great racing! Thanks for organising. Will keep an eye out for you on Sunday evenings :D
Nice meeting you, I’ll get you to bump up your mic a little next weekend. Certain cars I was having troubles hearing you. Nice clean racing, i watched a bit of that Spa replay and I was impressed with how you managed to avoid so much hahaha

Nice meeting you, I’ll get you to bump up your mic a little next weekend. Certain cars I was having troubles hearing you. Nice clean racing, i watched a bit of that Spa replay and I was impressed with how you managed to avoid so much hahaha
No idea how I did that tbh!! Just bumped a Ferrari but didnt seem to cause any harm :)

I gave my mic level a tweak too - catch ya next time! o7

No idea how I did that tbh!! Just bumped a Ferrari but didnt seem to cause any harm :)

I gave my mic level a tweak too - catch ya next time! o7
I saw that, that one wasn’t your fault, somebody nailed the back end of you haha. WogSmog was like a pinball down straight after the first corner lol

do you recall if any of them are wide bodied?

I believe they’re all widebodied except for the GT350 Mustang. Also tires, might only be different rims and wide tires but not wide offset. They really need to let us just share a tune already. Haha. Half the stuff doesn’t show if it’s applied or not. I can’t even tell on my own cars if I did wide rims and offset or what diameter rims I put on.

I believe they’re all widebodied except for the GT350 Mustang. Also tires, might only be different rims and wide tires but not wide offset. They really need to let us just share a tune already. Haha. Half the stuff doesn’t show if it’s applied or not. I can’t even tell on my own cars if I did wide rims and offset or what diameter rims I put on.
Totally!
For the rims and stuff i can i find out, wide body is more permanent.

The camaro race on road atlanta was a great combo! Oh and that GTO is awesome.
Without too many shenanigans you made really cool set ups that work great.

Totally!
For the rims and stuff i can i find out, wide body is more permanent.

The camaro race on road atlanta was a great combo! Oh and that GTO is awesome.
Without too many shenanigans you made really cool set ups that work great.
Thanks. Actually YogiBear has raced for a long time and I had tuned the Camaro up, gave him the tune, we discussed as we raced and he said it doesn’t handle right, I had racing soft tires in it. I agreed it was kind of boring to drive. He threw sports soft on and we felt like we found a golden nugget for handling. Not too loose and not too grippy. Just the weight/Hp/torque combo I guess worked out.

Around 2800lbs, 360hp and somewhere between 330-400ftlbs of torque seems to be a good combo. I’ve got an e type jaguar roughly around there and it’s a blast to drive too haha

Attachments

• IMG_4678.png
    IMG_4678.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 6
This sounds like great fun and interesting cars too. Is there room for one more? And if so what sort of pace are you driving at? I don't want to be just a moving bollard for you guys. My sport mode levels are D-DR, S-SR and I normally bronze the time trials with occasional silvers.

Grab that Camaro and the Camaro tune, do the long Watkins Glen and if you’re in and around the 2:00 laptime you’re good. 1:59-2:04 I’d say. Also we don’t care how fast you are, well that’s not true, if you’re lapping us in 5 laps you may as well find a different room lol

Grab that Camaro and the Camaro tune, do the long Watkins Glen and if you’re in and around the 2:00 laptime you’re good. 1:59-2:04 I’d say. Also we don’t care how fast you are, well that’s not true, if you’re lapping us in 5 laps you may as well find a different room lol
Thanks I will do.

More fun racing yesterday! The Corvette got a good workout :)
Here's a coupla pics from Goodwood and Brands

Attachments

• 20970433363797072.jpg
    20970433363797072.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • 20970832937399844.jpg
    20970832937399844.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 13
Back