Motegi is Coming Back to Gran Turismo, Says Super GT Driver

• Thread starter Famine
  • 125 comments
Motegi, these days known as Mobility Resort Motegi, had been a part of the Gran Turismo series since GT5 in 2010 before — like so much other content — being cut for GT Sport. However its oval circuit is probably the inspiration for the “Super Speedway” course used from GT2 to GT4.
My memories of driving Twin Ring Motegi in Gran Turismo 4 aren’t real?

Of course not, am just trying to piece the puzzle. Adding GT500’s and Motegi at the same time would be a massive win for all. Goddamn need that Z 😂 but he could mean future GT’s doesn’t mean it’s necessarily GT7.

Of course not, am just trying to piece the puzzle. Adding GT500’s and Motegi at the same time would be a massive win for all. Goddamn need that Z 😂 but he could mean future GT’s doesn’t mean it’s necessarily GT7.
Yeah for what it's worth I don't see them adding a new spec of GT500 cars until all 3 are different.

Be a waste of them to add the new Z and Supra just for the NSX to basically be what it is with the '16 - I always expected them to do a whole new generation at once.
Whenever that will be. Optimistically, end of the year lol.

I don’t know, if you took the 2016 car and 2023 car you would see the differences. And again, I wouldn’t turn down a very recent GT500 car from Honda. Honestly need a new set of GT500’s, love the 2016 cars but they’re old.

But again, this could be for GT8 we just don’t know, but Kaz pls gib lol

Not the track I'd have picked, but beggars can't be choosers. I'll take most any track at this point... assuming it actually happens.

Surely, I'm not the only one who would like to see some Gen3 Nascar stockcars come in the update with the track. :D

I mean, PD would only need to make three cars (Toyota, Ford, Chevy right?) and they'd get credit for making dozens. The livery people would make teh whole NASCAR grid available within hours. I'd allow it!

Last edited:
I mean, that already happened with GT Sport and the 2016 cars so...
Eh kind of, but not to the same degree. All the models they were using were accurate to 2018, bar the NSX Concept no longer being a concept (but still looking pretty much the same).

I'd always rather take the models that are currently being run over that of a previous platform. Like I said above, it would be a shame to get 2 new platforms and then a slightly different looking NSX, when they could probably get the Civic in with an extra few months wait and have all the models be up to date for the next couple years.

This would be excellent. Would the worked on phrase mean the licensing, as in my mind PD have so many assets already from years ago that they dont release because they dont want to pay for permission. Like all the Lotus cars that were ready fully modeled etc and we didnt get.

No doubt PD have a number of tracks well into development - likewise many, many car models.

The question is whether PD/Sony have any inclination to release them for a title already into it's third year. It's pretty clear monthly DLC has been scraping the bottom of the barrel for some time, sprinkled with the odd gem like the GT-ONE to keep the community from completely flipping out.

PD could surprise me, but I'm expecting more low effort DLC releases for the Spring/Summer months to fulfil their obligations. Hopefully something much more substantial for the PS5 Pro launch - perhaps alongside the much discussed PC release.
This would be excellent. Would the worked on phrase mean the licensing, as in my mind PD have so many assets already from years ago that they dont release because they dont want to pay for permission. Like all the Lotus cars that were ready fully modeled etc and we didnt get.
PD don't pay for licensing Sony does.

In the grand scheme of things Lotus is a fairly minor brand with little of interest beyond their racing exploits of the past.

Crazy to think how much awesome licensing we experienced in those past games.
Don't think we'll ever see NASCAR vs. GT3 cars at the Nurburgring again in a long time, unless PoDi proves me wrong!

How is that pretty clear? The updates have been averaging around three cars since the beginning.
The DLC strategy for GT7 has focused on giving the community the absolute bare minimum. The only real exceptions where the PSVR2 & Spec II updates when PD attempted to make a splash.

Are we going to get a Le Mans Hypercar pack alongside, let's say, Montreal or a GT500 pack with Motegi?

Maybe if we get Spec III at the end of the year.

Mundane filler seems the order of the day for regular monthly updates.
Would be an awesome sight to add a NASCAR to a 24H Le Mans grid in GT7(or a near future GT).
PD could add a generic stock car from the last decade and the community would fill out the grid with countless liveries!

But I say the same about generic F1 cars (90's, 00's) or single-make cars like various models of the 911. Don't get me started on the Group A road cars PD have painstakingly modeled - yet they don't even have race versions - not even a 'Touring Car' model that doesn't need to be 100% accurate to the real thing.

So many missed opportunities which would be (relatively) low effort, yet would enthuse and engage the community, from racers, to tuners, to painters.

Last edited:
Back