Motegi is Coming Back to Gran Turismo, Says Super GT Driver

• Thread starter Famine
  • 125 comments
On the list of rumored tracks that I like Motegi sits firmly at the bottom for me.

That said any new track (that isn’t rally) is always welcome.

But! Ovals in VR are not great as long as PD insists on fixing the view to the horizon.
So there’s that.

Last edited:
Eh kind of, but not to the same degree. All the models they were using were accurate to 2018, bar the NSX Concept no longer being a concept (but still looking pretty much the same).

I'd always rather take the models that are currently being run over that of a previous platform. Like I said above, it would be a shame to get 2 new platforms and then a slightly different looking NSX, when they could probably get the Civic in with an extra few months wait and have all the models be up to date for the next couple years.
Lexus switched to the LC500 in 2017, which meant it was outdated from get-go.

Perfect chance then to add the 2022 or 2023 spec GT500’s into the game.

Supra
Z
NSX

Can’t see the Civic coming as it’s way too shiny and new. But this is exactly the moment GT can make a lot of Super GT fans happy.
Maybe even the 2021-spec GT-R, as it was the final GT-R to have raced in the GT500 class.

Honda NSX-GT Type S '22 - Red Bull MOTUL MUGEN
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '21 - NISMO MOTUL AUTECH
Nissan Z GT500 '22 - Calsonic IMPUL
Toyota GR Supra GT500 '23 - au TOM'S

Eh kind of, but not to the same degree. All the models they were using were accurate to 2018, bar the NSX Concept no longer being a concept (but still looking pretty much the same).

I'd always rather take the models that are currently being run over that of a previous platform. Like I said above, it would be a shame to get 2 new platforms and then a slightly different looking NSX, when they could probably get the Civic in with an extra few months wait and have all the models be up to date for the next couple years.
Only difference though is that the later NSX GT500's were front-engined, as opposed to its traditionally mid-engined design.

Last edited:
This would be a good choice, not been seen in a while and balanced across a lot of classes. PD really to add more offline events for these tracks, so here's hoping

On the subject of the speedway course, why hasn't GT ever created an original car based on stock car specifications like how they invented their original kart and F1500T-A?

For all the people speculating about stock cars on the oval, I'd be very very surprised if NASCAR licences to anyone but iRacing for the foreseeable - NASCAR love the reliability of iRacing after the rocky Motorsport Games relationship, I don't think they want to be on any other platform.

PD don't pay for licensing Sony does.
Since when?
The reason we didn't have Spa was because PD didn't want to pay the premium for the track.
You are suggesting the contracts between various circuits and brands are with Sony corporation?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s issue with this track? It’s always been one of my faves. I’m really looking forward to it.
I just find it pretty boring to drive, just a succession of short straight / 90 degree corner or hairpin. Personally prefer something like Sugo with a bit more flow.

As for Nascar, they don’t need a licence. Just model a generic stock car, like they did with the old F1 car, and the community will take care of the liveries.

Last edited:
Perfect chance then to add the 2022 or 2023 spec GT500’s into the game.

Supra
Z
NSX

Can’t see the Civic coming as it’s way too shiny and new. But this is exactly the moment GT can make a lot of Super GT fans happy.
The '22 GT500 cars + the '00 Castrol NSX and Motegi would be a top tier update but this is PD so at most we'll get one on the other but hopefully we get both at the same time.

Not my favourite track - I prefer tracks with a bit more flow and elevation change. But, as others have said, any new (well tarmac) track will be very welcome. I can't help feeling that the existing Dragon Trail - Gardens track is quite similar to Motegi.

Last edited:
For all the people speculating about stock cars on the oval, I'd be very very surprised if NASCAR licences to anyone but iRacing for the foreseeable - NASCAR love the reliability of iRacing after the rocky Motorsport Games relationship, I don't think they want to be on any other platform.
Part of me thinks their deal with iRacing is a lifetime, non-expiring one, for that reason.

I hope it's true, this track would fit Gran Turismo perfectly 👌

Especially that not many modern games have Motegi, only iRacing and RaceRoom come to my mind.

I have a feeling this won’t be seen until gt8. Definitely don’t expect to see any updates to the gt500 roster in gt7’s lifetime
We haven't had the slightest word about GT8. You know they will drop news about it about a year ahead of launch. This is for GT7.

Part of me thinks their deal with iRacing is a lifetime, non-expiring one, for that reason.
Which would make sense as iRacing is the spiritual successor of the Papyrus series and made arguably the best NASCAR simulator games from the 90s to 2003.

Since when?
The reason we didn't have Spa was because PD didn't want to pay the premium for the track.
You are suggesting the contracts between various circuits and brands are with Sony corporation?
PD and the Gran Turismo IP are wholly owned by Sony.

They will allocate PD's budget, release dates, platforms (PSVR2, PS5 Pro, PC?), DLC plans, staffing levels etc.

All in consultation with PD of course.
Since when has PD aligned their content additions with events taking place in the real world?
The SF19 was announced at the first round of Super Formula - while Kaz was at the official launch of the SF23 - sometime late '23 or early '24. Then again, with Motegi we don't have any idea what stage of development it's in. Personally, I'd expect something like Red Rock Valley (whatever form that may take!) to come first. Or even Montreal which has been mentioned.

Back