Overview of GT7 Telemetry Software

• Thread starter snimat
  • 152 comments
Hi I have problem with running the code of snipem on MacOS. Is like it is not reading my IP address.

What I did now is modify run.command an I write as last line "GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.x.x python3 -m bokeh serve ." and double click it but already there I read in the terminal that it doesn't get the IP "urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1002)>".

Then I open main.py with the python launcher I have on my computer but I see an error saying that "No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP".

Any clue?

Sorry for my English and my poor knowledge in this stuff :/

Last edited:
Hi I have problem with running the code of snipem on MacOS. Is like it is not reading my IP address.

What I did now is modify run.command an I write as last line "GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.x.x python3 -m bokeh serve ." and double click it but already there I read in the terminal that it doesn't get the IP "urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1002)>".

Then I open main.py with the python launcher I have on my computer but I see an error saying that "No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP".

Any clue?

Sorry for my English and my poor knowledge in this stuff :/
The x‘s in your ip address are for obfuscation right?

It might be that your MacOS or python installation is outdated. Because of the lack of SSL certificates. Delete the download of the cars.csv from the command file. This might help.

Last edited:
The x‘s in your ip address are for obfuscation right?

It might be that your MacOS or python installation is outdated. Because of the lack of SSL certificates. Delete the download of the cars.csv from the command file. This might help.
I have installed the latest python version and my computer is quite new. Now my .command file is this and seems to give no error

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"

pip3 install -r requirements.txt

GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63 python3 -m bokeh serve .

but the moment I run main.py (is the right file to run?) I have the same error as before

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/matteo/Desktop/gt7dashboard-main/main.py", line 341, in <module>

raise Exception("No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP")

Exception: No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP

I have installed the latest python version and my computer is quite new. Now my .command file is this and seems to give no error

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"

GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63 python3 -m bokeh serve .

but the moment I run main.py (is the right file to run?) I have the same error as before

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/matteo/Desktop/gt7dashboard-main/main.py", line 341, in <module>

raise Exception("No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP")

Exception: No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP
Run the command file by double clicking it in Finder. Not main.py alone.

Isnt that the same error again? IIRC the documentation is missing a linebreak.
1. Set the ENV
2. Start bokeh serve

@Matteo_mt02
Its GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63 and not GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63 python......

Regards,
Joerg

Isnt that the same error again? IIRC the documentation is missing a linebreak.
1. Set the ENV
2. Start bokeh serve

@Matteo_mt02
Its GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63 and not GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63 python......

Regards,
Joerg
it give me again the same error as before when I open main.py. When I open this run.command

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"

GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63

python3 -m bokeh serve .

the last lines in the terminal are those (dunno if it may help to understand the problem and sorry for the wall of text):

Requirement already satisfied: xyzservices>=2021.09.1 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from bokeh~=3.1.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2023.5.0)

Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil>=2.8.1 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from pandas~=1.5.3->-r requirements.txt (line 4)) (2.8.2)

Requirement already satisfied: pytz>=2020.1 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from pandas~=1.5.3->-r requirements.txt (line 4)) (2023.3)

Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=2.0 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from Jinja2>=2.9->bokeh~=3.1.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2.1.3)

Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.5 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from python-dateutil>=2.8.1->pandas~=1.5.3->-r requirements.txt (line 4)) (1.16.0)

2023-06-20 14:02:46,544 Starting Bokeh server version 3.1.1 (running on Tornado 6.3.2)

2023-06-20 14:02:46,723 Cannot start Bokeh server, port 5006 is already in use

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Processo completato]

and then the same error as before with says that IP address variable isn't set.
This is kinda frustrating, thank you a lot for the help

it give me again the same error as before when I open main.py. When I open this run.command

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"

GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63

python3 -m bokeh serve .

the last lines in the terminal are those (dunno if it may help to understand the problem and sorry for the wall of text):

Requirement already satisfied: xyzservices>=2021.09.1 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from bokeh~=3.1.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2023.5.0)

Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil>=2.8.1 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from pandas~=1.5.3->-r requirements.txt (line 4)) (2.8.2)

Requirement already satisfied: pytz>=2020.1 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from pandas~=1.5.3->-r requirements.txt (line 4)) (2023.3)

Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=2.0 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from Jinja2>=2.9->bokeh~=3.1.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2.1.3)

Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.5 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from python-dateutil>=2.8.1->pandas~=1.5.3->-r requirements.txt (line 4)) (1.16.0)

2023-06-20 14:02:46,544 Starting Bokeh server version 3.1.1 (running on Tornado 6.3.2)

2023-06-20 14:02:46,723 Cannot start Bokeh server, port 5006 is already in use

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Processo completato]

and then the same error as before with says that IP address variable isn't set.
This is kinda frustrating, thank you a lot for the help
"GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63" AND "python3 -m bokeh serve ." have to be on the same line. Like so: https://github.com/snipem/gt7dashboard/blob/main/run.command#L9

The error messages states, that there is already an instance of GT7 Dashboard (namely Bokeh) running. Kill the session or restart your computer if you are unsure where it runs.

Last edited:
"GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.1.63" AND "python3 -m bokeh serve ." have to be on the same line. Like so: https://github.com/snipem/gt7dashboard/blob/main/run.command#L9

The error messages states, that there is already an instance of GT7 Dashboard (namely Bokeh) running. Kill the session or restart your computer if you are unsure where it runs.
if I do it as you say when I ran main.py I got this error message "No IP set in env var GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP" even though I already run the .command file

i removed the code after the IP, run both file and opened the http that give me in the terminal, opened it in safari and now is working

THANK U SO SO MUCH <3

Hi together.

Does anyone have any idea why I can not connect the ezio Dash to the Playstation? Both are on the same wifi. I have an Apple router Airport Extreme. GT7 runs on the PS5.

I start the app and enter the IP of the PS5 and then on conect... then it tries to connect but nothing happens.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is there a solution? Or does anyone have an idea what I could try?

Does anyone have the same problem?
A friend of mine visiting me and it was my first time with a apply product. It doest work at first because we havent approved the permissions the App needs. There was some kind of popup which i skipped and without permissions it cant work. After that the App works perfect like the App on my Android or Simhub and all the others.

Regards,
Joerg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm reaching out for some assistance regarding an issue I'm facing with the 'run.bat' file from the gt7dashboard repository. Despite trying multiple approaches, I consistently encounter an error stating "'run.bat' is not recognized as a command."

As an alternative, I attempted to use the 'run.ps1' file, which successfully launches the Bokeh application. However, I'm encountering a separate problem as the application's display remains blank on any browser. I have confirmed that all necessary dependencies are installed and have diligently followed the instructions.

If any of you have encountered similar challenges or have insights on resolving these issues, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Just for reference, here's how I've progressed on it over the past month on the repository's discussions channel.
(https://github.com/snipem/gt7dashboard/discussions/13)

@ArjunK
i answered on github but i will repeat it here as well. From your screenshot i can see that your explorer hide the fileextensions but it will display "run.bat" which let me assume that you have renamed the file to run.bat.bat or similar. You should reconfigure your explorer that it will show the complete filename and not only half of.
Later you try to start the bokeh server manually without the needed '.' (its a dot) at the end which ends up in the path error.

Iam willing to help you but please answer first if the "pip3 install -r requirements.txt" runs without a single error if you execute it on command line or not.

Regards,
Joerg

Last edited:
@ArjunK
i answered on github but i will repeat it here as well. From your screenshot i can see that your explorer hide the fileextensions but it will display "run.bat" which let me assume that you have renamed the file to run.bat.bat or similar. You should reconfigure your explorer that it will show the complete filename and not only half of.
Later you try to start the bokeh server manually without the needed '.' (its a dot) at the end which ends up in the path error.

Iam willing to help you but please answer first if the "pip3 install -r requirements.txt" runs without a single error if you execute it on command line or not.

Regards,
Joerg

Screenshot (106).png
Screenshot (107).png

I deleted, downloaded and replaced the files yesterday, redid all of the requirements, replaced spaces for IP address too.

Last edited:
Ok... now in the same Folder
1. Start the GT7 Game on your PS
2. On the command line "ping 192.168.x.x"
3. On the command line "set GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.x.x"
4. On the command line "python -m bokeh serve ."

Please ommit the " (quotes) and take notice about the dot at the end of the last command. Print the output of the last command or take a look to the given URL (which is always the same so you can create also a bookmark for it later)

For 192.168.x.x use your Playstation IPv4 Address.

Your PC/Laptop needs to be in the same subnet as your playstation, otherwise more work is needed. You can verify it by using "ipconfig" on the command line and it should be in same range 192.168.x.y. But i assume youre connected to the same internet router.. but if you use a Latop with WIFI than we need to change something to get it working.

Regards,
Joerg

Last edited:
I would just like to add something that I have been playing with for the last few days that I am looking to improve on for some extra information to go with the telemetry.

I have been playing around with my old PS4 and using its "older firmware" (IYKYK) I have been dumping some memory from GT7 when it is running. After tweaking the fecking awesome tools created by @Nenkai and creating some Python scripts to go with it, I have managed to extract some informaiton.
Obviously you can't do this in a real setting, so what info was there to get?

1687947292097.png

Actual circuit (runway) limits as seen by the game with the driving line anyone?
I have only dumped a few so far as I need to finish automating most of it. This Alsace track came out really nice and tidy, but Watkins Glen is a mess (the random colours are just there to stop MatplotLib from joining multiple segments and creating a mess and to highlight to me where there is)...
1687947442226.png

Decided to proportion Watkins Glen a bit better. Still looks like a mess!

1687948206965.png

Last edited:
I observed the same behaviour with my own GT-to-Motec telemetry logger (and wrote about it here); for some reason the brake signal is filtered in replays making it look like the ghost brakes way later. I have no idea why PD programmed it that way (to make the replays look more 'impressive,' maybe? "Just look at how late they brake, bro!")

Here's a comparison I made - the coloured traces are from a track session captured live, the overlaid white traces are from the corresponding replay capture. Observe how the throttle traces are virtually identical, while the brake traces aren't:

FUTVVFv.png

(There's another example in the post mentioned above.)

If you want to check braking points from a replay capture, look at the longitudinal G forces instead.
Hmm.. G-Forces for braking. Not a bad idea. I also noticed this phenomenon last year: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-is-compatible-with-motion-rig.410728/post-13812820

Ok... now in the same Folder
1. Start the GT7 Game on your PS
2. On the command line "ping 192.168.x.x"
3. On the command line "set GT7_PLAYSTATION_IP=192.168.x.x"
4. On the command line "python -m bokeh serve ."

Please ommit the " (quotes) and take notice about the dot at the end of the last command. Print the output of the last command or take a look to the given URL (which is always the same so you can create also a bookmark for it later)

For 192.168.x.x use your Playstation IPv4 Address.

Your PC/Laptop needs to be in the same subnet as your playstation, otherwise more work is needed. You can verify it by using "ipconfig" on the command line and it should be in same range 192.168.x.y. But i assume youre connected to the same internet router.. but if you use a Latop with WIFI than we need to change something to get it working.

Regards,
Joerg
about the ip address, my ps's ip is 192.168.x.yy, but after doing ipconfig on cmd, my default gateway's 192.168.x.y and ip4 is 192.186.x.ab
is this fine or not because im not getting anything but a blank screen still on my bokeh app's localhost i opened through my browser, but i can ping my ps's ip with 32 bytes of data

edit- am connected to the same wifi as my ps

Last edited:
about the ip address, my ps's ip is 192.168.x.yy, but after doing ipconfig on cmd, my default gateway's 192.168.x.y and ip4 is 192.186.x.ab
is this fine or not because im not getting anything but a blank screen still on my bokeh app's localhost i opened through my browser, but i can ping my ps's ip with 32 bytes of data

edit- am connected to the same wifi as my ps
Screenshot (110).png

says DOMContentLoaded 4.1min after i just played qualifying in daily race C.

Hey guys!

I saw that @Nenkai updated PDTools, including a LiveTimingApi.

Can anyone point me to where I can learn more about this?

Mainly, how to get such "Live Event Permission" or how to to enable it on a modded console!

I'm willing to buy a specific PS4 for this lol...

Using this post to give some feedback to the community... You guys rock!

I work with C#, and here's what I'm doing:

I already modified PDTools to summarize key metrics from the @snimat dashboard and send it to an Azure server at the end of each lap. See the files attached.

With that, I'm able to help my teammates, as I receive live data while they run. And I give feedback in the PlayStation party.

Managing fuel consumption, to 3 decimal places, was already a big step forward.

It was also possible to understand changes in driving between free practics and racing, perhaps due to anxiety, by comparing the Snipem metrics.

Now I'm trying to generate files for the race debrief from what I'm learning with @GeekyDeaks Sim-to-MoTeC.

But, as the UDP port apparently only accepts one connection at a time, I'll need to convert the code to C#, as I did with Snipem's. It's going to be a challenge.

When I finish collecting data for the race debrief (I´m far from it), I'll try to understand tire wear. And maybe the modded console will help on that too!

Best regards,

cybercic21

Attachments

• LaudaGT_JSON.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PROAM2.png
    PROAM2.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 22
But, as the UDP port apparently only accepts one connection at a time, I'll need to convert the code to C#, as I did with Snipem's. It's going to be a challenge.
I did add a feature in the sim-to-motec logger to accept a different port to listen on. This puts it in listen mode only so you can use something that repeats the UDP packets like simhub

Hey guys!

I saw that @Nenkai updated PDTools, including a LiveTimingApi.

Can anyone point me to where I can learn more about this?

Mainly, how to get such "Live Event Permission" or how to to enable it on a modded console!

I'm willing to buy a specific PS4 for this lol...

Using this post to give some feedback to the community... You guys rock!

I work with C#, and here's what I'm doing:

I already modified PDTools to summarize key metrics from the @snimat dashboard and send it to an Azure server at the end of each lap. See the files attached.

With that, I'm able to help my teammates, as I receive live data while they run. And I give feedback in the PlayStation party.

Managing fuel consumption, to 3 decimal places, was already a big step forward.

It was also possible to understand changes in driving between free practics and racing, perhaps due to anxiety, by comparing the Snipem metrics.

Now I'm trying to generate files for the race debrief from what I'm learning with @GeekyDeaks Sim-to-MoTeC.

When I finish collecting data for the race debrief (I´m far from it), I'll try to understand tire wear. And maybe the modded console will help on that too!

Best regards,

cybercic21
Account flag. Not available to the public, explicitly granted by PDI. Or, if you can mod the game, but that's against the point.

Considering the data doesn't have tyre wear, but we have it on the screen, I have also added the ability for my Elgato 4k Pro to be used with OpenCV to detect the wear from grabbing the screen. The only issue from doing this is that the tyre indicators are only 72 pixels high so can only give an accuracy to 1.4%.

I did add a feature in the sim-to-motec logger to accept a different port to listen on. This puts it in listen mode only so you can use something that repeats the UDP packets like simhub
This is cool. I was always wondering how to run gt7dashboard and your logger at the same time.

This is cool. I was always wondering how to run gt7dashboard and your logger at the same time.
looking at the latest version of simhub made me realise there might be another QoL feature to take advantage of, which is to simply use the broadcast address (255.255.255.255) for the IP address of the initial heartbeats. This removes the need for people to find the IP address of their PS. I'm going to test it over the weekend.

looking at the latest version of simhub made me realise there might be another QoL feature to take advantage of, which is to simply use the broadcast address (255.255.255.255) for the IP address of the initial heartbeats. This removes the need for people to find the IP address of their PS. I'm going to test it over the weekend.
If this works, I can help you to test more than one PS on the same netowrk, since my son also have a PS!
;-)

1688064564170.png

Can confirm it works.

Quick Ninja Edit:

If you are using Python, you need to set the Socket options to allow the use of broadcasts otherwise you'll get a permission denied from Windows:

1688064988678.png

Last edited:
Back