PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,047 comments
Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 - MAXED - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.44

Superior top speed , even been a 4WD on the book this car can show wheel spin out slow corners. Just take care or use TC1.
It also eat a lot of rear tires , for example on Daytona 950PP event , using Medium tires right rear tire wear 100% on lap 5 before
the first stop. It's manageable just take care last lap.

View attachment 1342383View attachment 1342384View attachment 1342385View attachment 1342386

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Thank you so much for taking a look at this 👍🏼

Audi R18 TDI '11 Gr1 - 926PP - Racing Medium Tires - Daytona / All track - 1.42
Top 3 cars when maxed on SPA against all my fasters ghosts. Very fast also on Daytona , very good top speed and grip , for 5 laps use Racing medium with FM6 for 1:30 lap cruising safely. You can also use Traction control at 1 because the 1st gear is brutal out slow speed turns.
Works great at 900pp for the LeMans 10-lapper. Thanks.

@optical10
Gear ratio doesnt affect PP, so it works regardless of how much PP a car has.
But in case the car has upgrades that change the redline this affects gear ratios.

Thanks, Looks like we both should have reset the transmission to normal from fully customizable from the previous build which allows the first gear to be set properly.

Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - Gr2 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardegna - 1.44

@Gino Caberlin :bowdown: i'm going back on my first statement about this car at 800PP , here is a setting that can lap high 1:32 low 33 in my hands , 2 stops , you change yours tires during the second pit only , for a 24:30 or 35 race.

View attachment 1342056View attachment 1342057View attachment 1342058View attachment 1342059

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Great work Maestro!
Is this one good for Spa 1hr and Le Mans 30min too?

I haven't had much time to play over the last week so just catching up. I used clickable spoiler text to help with all the words on the page. All the following feedback is with:
Hard Difficulty
TC1 and ABS weak as the only assist settings
VR cockpit view
PS5 controller with motion steering

Lamborghini Urus '18 - 700 PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.44
Easy , very fast , grippy.
I didn't use racing brakes , only pads , stock are very good and racing brake are adding a lot of PP. I prefer power.

View attachment 1341636View attachment 1341637View attachment 1341638View attachment 1341639

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I maxed this vehicle out when the new events dropped and threw Dirt tires on it for the Special Make event. I finished 2nd and had yet to return to it. So I tried this tuning but threw on dirt tires, maxed out the power, added Carbon brakes, and reduced the ballast by 1 to 69 which was the most weight you could drop without changing the weight balance. That brought it to 660pp and I attempted the Special Make Event again. I advanced into P1 just after the start of lap 2. That allowed me to play it safe for the remainder of the lap for an easy victory. It is a great option for Fisherman's Ranch with these slight modifications!
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - Gr2 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardegna - 1.44

@Gino Caberlin :bowdown: i'm going back on my first statement about this car at 800PP , here is a setting that can lap high 1:32 low 33 in my hands , 2 stops , you change yours tires during the second pit only , for a 24:30 or 35 race.

View attachment 1342056View attachment 1342057View attachment 1342058View attachment 1342059

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Thank you for this because the 900pp on RM tires was not doing it for me. I haven't tried it for Sardegna yet but used it as is for WTC900 at Barcelona for a No-stop easy win. I did have to do some FM adjusting and short-shifting.

I discovered one other thing with this one besides the incorrect 250km max speed from the second screenshot that others discussed. You can only match the 799.93PP exactly as shown if you use the default rims at the default width and offset. I'm guessing you may have adjusted that as usual, but applied a livery after the adjustment that returned the rims to the default.

I was delighted with your Zonda tuning as it reminded me of a video by Doughtinator, whom you introduced me to, listing the Zonda among his top 5 favorites for Sardegna at 800pp. His videos are great but his tune didn't handle well or match the competitiveness of other cars for that race. However, your tuning handled significantly better, shaving off 2 seconds from lap times in my time trial tests.

One last thing I wanted to mention is that a couple of weeks ago I only had 2 cars left to buy, the Ferrari 250 GTO '62 and the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52. I had low expectations for the Ferrari to be useful or fun to drive. Your GTO '62 tuning was quite enjoyable, making the purchase feel worthwhile. This leaves me with only the Mercedes to complete my collection. The excellent Zonda and Ferrari tunings further solidify your well-deserved "Maestro" title. 🏎️

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Tracks - SWAP - 1.41

SWAP Engine: 8.0-WR16-64V4T-Chiron
Wide car
Rims up to you - With Wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing Custom

I've let the Rear extension and front compression very low for the car fall on his front grip , allowing weight transfer playing free . The car without this freedom stay a few lazzy. Just don't pass over the limit or the sanction will come. It's still very easy to lead this way.
Top car on Nordschleife or SPA....

View attachment 1305876View attachment 1305877View attachment 1305878View attachment 1305879

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Did they change something?
I can't get 1st gear down to 3.050, the lowest I can get it is 3.462.
The other gears are fine

Did they change something?
I can't get 1st gear down to 3.050, the lowest I can get it is 3.462.
The other gears are fine
1.44 update glitch did this.

Set Top speed auto to 450 kmh 280 mph
1st 127 kmh 79mph
2d 168kmh 104mph
3d 217kmh 135mph
4th 267kmh 166mph
5th 313kmh 194mph
6th 365kmh 227mph

1st 127 kmh 79mph
2d 168kmh 104mph
3d 217kmh 135mph
4th 267kmh 166mph
5th 313kmh 194mph
6th 365kmh 227mph
Maybe I'm missing something. I'm trying to apply a couple of your tunings (pre v1.44) to recently acquired cars and cannot for the life of me correct the glitch. I've tried setting top speed auto to different amounts a no matter what, I cannot reach the desired 1st gear setting.
I guess I'll have to wait for the next update to patch the glitch

I haven't had much time to play over the last week so just catching up. I used clickable spoiler text to help with all the words on the page. All the following feedback is with:
Hard Difficulty
TC1 and ABS weak as the only assist settings
VR cockpit view
PS5 controller with motion steering

Lamborghini Urus '18 - 700 PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.44

I maxed this vehicle out when the new events dropped and threw Dirt tires on it for the Special Make event. I finished 2nd and had yet to return to it. So I tried this tuning but threw on dirt tires, maxed out the power, added Carbon brakes, and reduced the ballast by 1 to 69 which was the most weight you could drop without changing the weight balance. That brought it to 660pp and I attempted the Special Make Event again. I advanced into P1 just after the start of lap 2. That allowed me to play it safe for the remainder of the lap for an easy victory. It is a great option for Fisherman's Ranch with these slight modifications!

Thank you for this because the 900pp on RM tires was not doing it for me. I haven't tried it for Sardegna yet but used it as is for WTC900 at Barcelona for a No-stop easy win. I did have to do some FM adjusting and short-shifting.

I discovered one other thing with this one besides the incorrect 250km max speed from the second screenshot that others discussed. You can only match the 799.93PP exactly as shown if you use the default rims at the default width and offset. I'm guessing you may have adjusted that as usual, but applied a livery after the adjustment that returned the rims to the default.

I was delighted with your Zonda tuning as it reminded me of a video by Doughtinator, whom you introduced me to, listing the Zonda among his top 5 favorites for Sardegna at 800pp. His videos are great but his tune didn't handle well or match the competitiveness of other cars for that race. However, your tuning handled significantly better, shaving off 2 seconds from lap times in my time trial tests.

One last thing I wanted to mention is that a couple of weeks ago I only had 2 cars left to buy, the Ferrari 250 GTO '62 and the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52. I had low expectations for the Ferrari to be useful or fun to drive. Your GTO '62 tuning was quite enjoyable, making the purchase feel worthwhile. This leaves me with only the Mercedes to complete my collection. The excellent Zonda and Ferrari tunings further solidify your well-deserved "Maestro" title. 🏎️
I never got the handle on motion steering for any controller, not having something to rest it on always weirds me out.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer concept '59 - 550 PP - Sport medium Tires - Nordschleife - 1.41

Stock setting have a huge problem , it's undrivable anywhere mainly high speed turns .. a nightmare. After spending 2 days on it and almost giving up , i've tested some stranges extremes settings as a last chance. It work perfectly and it's very fast . 2 seconds close from my top road car on Nordschleife , let's say in top 3.
Just don't overdrive it , check your line and shift early out corner. The huge torque allow everything.

Rims 15" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

View attachment 1308904View attachment 1308905View attachment 1308906View attachment 1308907

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Could make an argument for this being your best tune Praiano. Not in terms of the best overall cars to drive at different PP levels, but in terms of the biggest impact on enjoyment and drive-ability of the vehicle pre vs post tune. Really good work!

I never got the handle on motion steering for any controller, not having something to rest it on always weirds me out.
I had to play around with the settings to get it where I liked. The key for me was Controller Steering Sensitivity set to 2. Force Feedback Max Torque set to 8. Force Feedback Sensitivity set to 3. It gives you far more steering precision than possible with the joystick. But I feel you need to be in Cockpit View while learning it so you have the visual feedback to your inputs. Otherwise, you may rotate too far and then the steering resets to zero without your knowledge. The cockpit view is a non-issue since I play almost exclusively in VR.

This guy has a very well-written explanation of why it is superior to using the joysticks.

1st 127 kmh 79mph
2d 168kmh 104mph
3d 217kmh 135mph
4th 267kmh 166mph
5th 313kmh 194mph
6th 365kmh 227mph

A quick general question to the thread, regarding the 1.44 update 1st gear glitch issue. I understand how to fix it (increase auto top speed and match the gear speeds). No need to explain that again.

Has this issue affected every car? Ie. Do I need to be adjusting the gears on every car now, before using?

Or only some cars?

A quick general question to the thread, regarding the 1.44 update 1st gear glitch issue. I understand how to fix it (increase auto top speed and match the gear speeds). No need to explain that again.

Has this issue affected every car? Ie. Do I need to be adjusting the gears on every car now, before using?

Or only some cars?
I've played around with quite a few cars, it's safe to say it affects every car, but not every tune, as some of the tunes don't have the 1st gear set to the far left of the slider.

Sir @praiano63, are you planning on doing maxed out Gr 2 tunes for the new PP900 race at Le Mans? I’d love to see the 962, 787, R92cp, C9, XJR9, CLK, the long tail F1, the newly added Toyota tuned to the max. If it’s not something you prioritize, I’d love to donate some so you’d have motivation to do those tunes

Oh, I see the older Le Mans cars are gr1, but you get what I’m saying. It’s a blast doing 385 km/h on the straights in the Nissan, but I don’t have the feel and knowledge to make it controllable too

Last edited:
Sir @praiano63, are you planning on doing maxed out Gr 2 tunes for the new PP900 race at Le Mans? I’d love to see the 962, 787, R92cp, C9, XJR9, CLK, the long tail F1, the newly added Toyota tuned to the max. If it’s not something you prioritize, I’d love to donate some so you’d have motivation to do those tunes

Oh, I see the older Le Mans cars are gr1, but you get what I’m saying. It’s a blast doing 385 km/h on the straights in the Nissan, but I don’t have the feel and knowledge to make it controllable too
Easy victory at WTC 900pp Le Mans with Mazda 787 815 pp and medium tyres tuned by Maestro Praiano. A real monster of speed 😀

There are tunes to about all the cars you requested on page 1

You can easily max any Sardegna 800PP settings for Le Mans. Both tracks favor speed over grip.
I don't understand your question , you ask GR2 cars ? But you quote only GR1 cars ??? 962, 787, R92cp, C9, XJR9..

You can easily max any Sardegna 800PP settings for Le Mans. Both tracks favor speed over grip.
I don't understand your question , you ask GR2 cars ? But you quote only GR1 cars ??? 962, 787, R92cp, C9, XJR9..
Yes, I thought these older cars would be group 2 until I checked. Thank you, I’ll tune them to Sardegna set up and maybe play with downforce a bit and power if there’s room

I've played around with quite a few cars, it's safe to say it affects every car, but not every tune, as some of the tunes don't have the 1st gear set to the far left of the slider.
It got this one and this is today after the patch

1000001932.jpg

I wonder if its actually worth changing the gears on cars? Seems like it might be wasted time if they're likely to revert/fix the issue in a future update, no?

Have PD actually acknowledged the issue?

I wonder if its actually worth changing the gears on cars? Seems like it might be wasted time if they're likely to revert/fix the issue in a future update, no?

Have PD actually acknowledged the issue?
1. If its worth it? Depends on the car and track, and in some cases you wont ever need the setup for 1st gear, while in other cases it makes a huge difference.
Usually there is strict math behind gear ratios, so you should be safe against "changes in future updates" unless it is a bug that causes an issue (like it currently seems from this thread).
Gear ratio are the purest form of physics and can not be interchanged as it is possible with tyre changes (different tyres will have different performance).

2. No

RUF CTR3 '07 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.35

Wide Body

Rims 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side St - Wing Custom

View attachment 1271099View attachment 1271100View attachment 1271101View attachment 1271103

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I love that we have this RUF-tuned Porsche in the game. I like to utilize it whenever I can. I am just noticing that you already had a 700pp version. It would require some modifications or a completely separate vehicle or engine change to copy that exactly because it has different permanent parts. Having a 700pp sheet with this vehicle would allow you to sell a secondary RUF for a decent amount. I successfully modified this tuning to 700pp utilizing the same permanent parts. I made no modifications to the suspension, downforce, gearbox, or LSD. When doing that I make sure not to disrupt the front-rear weight balance either.

Changes:

• RH Tires
  • ECU output 73
  • Ballast 200
  • Ballast Positioning 12
  • Power Restrictor 96
  • Turbocharger - Normal
  • Intercooler - Normal
  • Air Cleaner - Normal
  • Muffler - Sports Muffler
  • Exhaust Manifold - Normal
  • Brake System - Normal

The handling is fantastic and this worked great for the Schwarzwald League - Circuit de Sainte-Croix event that was just added to the weekly events. I also tested it at WTC700 Le Mans and got the CRB and P1 finish on Hard Difficulty. If I recall I was getting 3 laps at FM4 and then switched to FM1 for the final lap. At FM4 it had the same pace as the lead car so it was a slipstream battle in the straights. Not a top 10 car at Le Mans but still fun. Top Tier VR drive IMO.

EDIT: I didn't like how my edited 700pp version performed at 700WTC Championship series on the first race at Trial Mountain, so ended up buying another RUF to test Praiano's 700pp tuning which was a few PP higher than the limit. Ultimately it helped me get this 800pp tuned down to 700pp but have more power. So I edited the adjustments above to reflect that. Now under 700pp and only .01 second slower than Praiano's 704pp tuning with different permanent parts. Switched to Normal brake system but still using the Racing pads.

Last edited:
I had to play around with the settings to get it where I liked. The key for me was Controller Steering Sensitivity set to 2. Force Feedback Max Torque set to 8. Force Feedback Sensitivity set to 3. It gives you far more steering precision than possible with the joystick. But I feel you need to be in Cockpit View while learning it so you have the visual feedback to your inputs. Otherwise, you may rotate too far and then the steering resets to zero without your knowledge. The cockpit view is a non-issue since I play almost exclusively in VR.

This guy has a very well-written explanation of why it is superior to using the joysticks.
Oh yeah I pretty much always play in cockpit view outside of stuff the like the SF cars where you can't disable the giant bar in the middle.

Back