Round 15: 4 Hours of Fuji

• Thread starter AJ
  • 105 comments
Hey Ned, what happened to JT during the opening laps? The announcer said he was backwards past the start finish line.

Hey Ned, what happened to JT during the opening laps? The announcer said he was backwards past the start finish line.
Read the last page, his screen went black and crashed as he was literally blind.

@Whitetail

32116b2c09f1e3089f9d51b075fa1c51.jpg

This is pretty ridiculous. I was given two penalties for very unfair reasons. At the start of my stint I was ahead of another LMP3 driver (won't say who) and was telling @FutureF1 on skype how he was going wide all the time at the exit of T2 completely off the track. This happened for nearly every single lap this driver was behind me until they went into the pits. Personally, compared to most drivers in my class, I thought my lines were fairly clean being very respectful to the track. (I run a fairly large series and we're in the 4th season now so I know what track extensions truly are).
The call for the second penalty was absolutely ridiculous. I was first given a warning for mounting the kerb on the penultimate corner (which I barely did at all in the race) and in the last corner I was going past a GT4 car and had to take evasive action going off into the runoff in the last corner just to avoid hitting the driver, also time was lost their and nearly a second.
I understood the warning for the first call however, going wide into T1 but I didn't really have all four off except for a few times which I understood. As this was my first warning in the series, I became pretty cautious. Now what really pissed me off was the next lap going into T1 extremely cautiously and almost certain not even touching the kerb. I then see in the chat a penalty for track extensions at the same corner. I was insanely upset to see this as @FutureF1 could say as well because I was even telling him how cautious I would be through that corner. Now lag might've been a possibility there as I have been experiencing some lag from my end recently. But it would've been pretty clear that it was lag so I don't think it was the case.
Both times I was given a warning then a penalty barely a corner later. After the second penalty I was careful the entire race. I was looking around me the entire time seeing what other drivers were doing especially in my class. I noticed that most drivers, if warnings and penalties were given out fairly, would've had a couple at least.
Another thing in the second penalty, when it was given to me for track extending at T16, it was my 2nd time doing it the entire and the 1st time I lost time as well and quite a lot.
Ever since my qualifying lap was taken away earlier today, I noticed how harsh you were being.
But the thing that really bothers me is how harsh you were to me and not the others. Honestly this is extremely disappointing...

This is pretty ridiculous. I was given two penalties for very unfair reasons. At the start of my stint I was ahead of another LMP3 driver (won't say who) and was telling @FutureF1 on skype how he was going wide all the time at the exit of T2 completely off the track. This happened for nearly every single lap this driver was behind me until they went into the pits. Personally, compared to most drivers in my class, I thought my lines were fairly clean being very respectful to the track. (I run a fairly large series and we're in the 4th season now so I know what track extensions truly are).
The call for the second penalty was absolutely ridiculous. I was first given a warning for mounting the kerb on the penultimate corner (which I barely did at all in the race) and in the last corner I was going past a GT4 car and had to take evasive action going off into the runoff in the last corner just to avoid hitting the driver, also time was lost their and nearly a second.
I understood the warning for the first call however, going wide into T1 but I didn't really have all four off except for a few times which I understood. As this was my first warning in the series, I became pretty cautious. Now what really pissed me off was the next lap going into T1 extremely cautiously and almost certain not even touching the kerb. I then see in the chat a penalty for track extensions at the same corner. I was insanely upset to see this as @FutureF1 could say as well because I was even telling him how cautious I would be through that corner. Now lag might've been a possibility there as I have been experiencing some lag from my end recently. But it would've been pretty clear that it was lag so I don't think it was the case.
Both times I was given a warning then a penalty barely a corner later. After the second penalty I was careful the entire race. I was looking around me the entire time seeing what other drivers were doing especially in my class. I noticed that most drivers, if warnings and penalties were given out fairly, would've had a couple at least.
Another thing in the second penalty, when it was given to me for track extending at T16, it was my 2nd time doing it the entire and the 1st time I lost time as well and quite a lot.
Ever since my qualifying lap was taken away earlier today, I noticed how harsh you were being.
But the thing that really bothers me is how harsh you were to me and not the others. Honestly this is extremely disappointing...
Cod any issues you have should be taken up in your team convo - disappointed that you don't follow the advice you give the drivers in your "fairly large series" - every team and driver during this series has received harsh judgements (depending on which side of the judgement you stand) - there has been a team that finished unclassified after running in 1st position for a 24 hour race for something that happened in the dying minutes of the race - they did not come to the thread and vent and swear, which we all know GTP doesn't allow.

Pretty sure if you read the sporting regs any track boundaries issues would be addressed there - the stewards don't take a personal attack on you - its on a sliding scale as famine explained on the commentary, if its happened once then sure as you like they will pay particular attention for it again, they don't personally set out to penalise drivers.

I'm not going to reply to anything written from this as this is not the place, any issues you have put them in your team convo. You know better Cod. :(

Cod any issues you have should be taken up in your team convo - disappointed that you don't follow the advice you give the drivers in your "fairly large series" - every team and driver during this series has received harsh judgements (depending on which side of the judgement you stand) - there has been a team that finished unclassified after running in 1st position for a 24 hour race for something that happened in the dying minutes of the race - they did not come to the thread and vent and swear, which we all know GTP doesn't allow.

Pretty sure if you read the sporting regs any track boundaries issues would be addressed there - the stewards don't take a personal attack on you - its on a sliding scale as famine explained on the commentary, if its happened once then sure as you like they will pay particular attention for it again, they don't personally set out to penalise drivers.

I'm not going to reply to anything written from this as this is not the place, any issues you have put them in your team convo. You know better Cod. :(
I understand completely. People have done this to me in my series and I haven't liked it. But when people message me with problems they have, I answer them. To be honest I'm not sure if AJ would answer in a private convo, and that would mean there would be no action from the stewards. The reason why I posted it here was because there is a better chance of the problem being seen. So I posted it here because I want this problem to be fixed and hopefully for future races the stewards can improve on giving warnings and such and the circumstances that go around it.

Another bitterly frustrating race for RaceOnOZ.

First of all, just what on earth happened at the start? That was chaos!

I recieved damage before even reaching Sector 3 after making contact with FutureF1, perhaps I should have pitted along with Dangerzone, it probably would have made our race much better in the long run.

We made contact again at turn 11, this time giving me severe damage and an forced stop. My stint was an absolute mess, despite having lots of fun trying to reel in the orange LM55. I was hit again by the #12 just as Cod demon exited the pits in a bizarre incident, it seems the yellow and orange cars could not be seperated.

Shortly afterwards I received a penalty after too many track limit infringements, a penalty which is justified considering the amount of mistakes I was making. I hate this sodden track.

With no one to battle and a damaged car, I couldn't wait to hand over to @warrior2167. And boy did he deliver the goods. I knew he would though, he is just that good. He showed remarkable pace and consistency and was very intelligent when battling with other cars and scything through traffic. All too easy though for someone who I firmly believe is the best overall GT6 driver in the world.

A 3rd place coming into the race would have been a huge let down, but after the challenges faced in the first half, driving around 80% of the time with a damaged car, a penalty and far too many incidents, finishing on the podium and only a lap down is not bad at all.

Thank goodness I don't have to drive another lap of that awful, awful circuit in this car. The LM55 is lovely, but boy did it suck around here. The Red Bull Ring will be MUCH more suitable for the characteristics of this car, really looking forward to that race. Today was by far my worst performance in this series to date.

Big congrats to the MWM team for the strong victory, and well done to my fellow Heathen @micantony for piloting the race winning GT4 X-Bow.

Cheers, Jono.

I dont think there is such a thing as best driver in the world, because there are always pros and cons of each that overlap in different ways. Although I know that this series has the best drivers in the world. I'm clearly not one of them. But there are people in this series that are seriously fast.

I dont think there is such a thing as best driver in the world, because there are always pros and cons of each that overlap in different ways. Although I know that this series has the best drivers in the world. I'm clearly not one of them. But there are people in this series that are seriously fast.

Maybe, but he did mention overall best.. There are very few people i know who can drive the **** out of any car. May it be F1, GT3, LM or road cars.

Then again what am I doing here, I didn't even race.

Yeah, that goes for virtually everyone, exept just 2 people that stands out as shining suns in the middle of the night.

IMMORTALPILOT, and Ti-Tech85

Anyone that is questioning whether or not those 2 people (read: superhumans/aliens) are one notch better than anyone else, clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

Edit: point proven below.

Last edited:
Back