Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
By the way, @Famine , those 2 "predictions" were very "oddly specific" even if they can be predicte
What "predictions"? They're two examples, off the top of my head, of fun Skoda models. Also all generations of all the Skoda RS cars - Fabia, Octavia, Kodiaq, EnyaQ - are badged "vRS" in the UK, due to a thing with Ford (although it's a caron/hacek rather than a "v").

Just to feed this weirdness though:

What "predictions"? They're two examples, off the top of my head, of fun Skoda models. Also all generations of all the Skoda RS cars - Fabia, Octavia, Kodiaq, EnyaQ - are badged "vRS" in the UK, due to a thing with Ford (although it's a caron/hacek rather than a "v").

We learned the release date ot the update....April 24th!!

Last edited:
Regarding the Opel vs. Skoda discussion, I'd like to add that what Opel means to you probably depends on when and where and thus which Opels you grew up with. For me, Opels "are" German cars of the GM ownership period, which lasted from before WWII to 2017, when PSA aquired Opel.

I agree that a debate whether one manufacturer has more "right" to appear in Gran Turismo than another is nonsensical. I do however point out that while today's Opels may be Stellantis Group variants, reducing the Opel brand just to "Stellantis clones" is a little unfair. A lot of the cars currently in GT7 are pre-2017, thus there are a lot of intertesting GM-based Opels to add. I think that's what @georgetigra (which I suspect has an Opel Tigra) was trying to point out.

Last edited:
I predict that the update will also bring the Sony prototype, as the Skoda was leaked, and the Sony car was in the same leak as the Skoda.

Sure does look like a modern take on a Can-Am. This looks blurry awesome!(yes pun intended)…and it appears to be green. My favourite color.
IMG_3998.jpeg

Last edited:
My thoughts are that this new Škoda VGT will be like the Citroën and Suzuki, we'll have the standard VGT and a racing derivative. I would like that the tracing cars would be gr4 and 3 to have a greater competition (and after reading the Tweet mentioning their entering in esports I understood a will of participating on GT official championship) at the manufacturer series
And, what if this new Škoda came as a replacement of the Red Bull X2019... I don't think so but, who knows...
With Škoda coming, I hope that one day will get one of their historic rally cars like a 130RS, Favorit or even the title-conquering Fabia R5/Rally2... or even the Ferat Vampire😂

Last edited:

Honestly, I really wouldn't hold my breath on the final design of the Škoda VGT. They previously said that despite the name, it had nothing to do with Gran Turismo, but it does now.

The rear does looks very similar to what was seen on the teaser video, and they did mention it was inspired by the 1100 OHC Spider, so maybe they were holding back an announcement?

Last edited:
We learned the release date ot the update....April 24th!!
April 24th is the reveal date, not the update date
.What "predictions"? They're two examples, off the top of my head, of fun Skoda models. Also all generations of all the Skoda RS cars - Fabia, Octavia, Kodiaq, EnyaQ - are badged "vRS" in the UK, due to a thing with Ford (although it's a caron/hacek rather than a "v").

Didn't know about the vRS badge in UK, though it was a "special" version of the Octavia.
What I meant with "predictions" was you have chosen 2 specific and very plausible examples of what can come to the game (almost as you know what's coming), considering the Octavia RS is important in Skoda history and a very popular car, and the Fabia GrB can easily replace the WRC version without any licensing problem. Those 2 models would be "logical" and popular addition and would fit greatly in the game.

Sure does look like a modern take on a Can-Am. This looks blurry awesome!(yes pun intended)…and it appears to be green. My favourite color.
View attachment 1348153
Lovely shade of green confirmed 🥰 That is one of the best looking VGT cars I've seen so far too. Fingers crossed it has a pretty face, a lot of these VGT's have nice arses but ugly faces (Aston Martin I'm talking about you).

Such a tease! I won't get excited until I see them in the game though, Gran Turismo update hints are to be taken with the same pinch of salt as Team HARD BTCC announcements.

Last edited:
I don't mind if they introduce yet more of these silly massively overpowered and made-up VGTs that look like they were designed by a 7 year old, just as long as they don't ever use them in daily races or the time trials, and as long as they are illegible to run in Gr.1, Gr2, Gr3 & Gr4 races.

Honestly I would prefer to race the Ambulance or another K car than another one of these zillion horsepower monstrosities.

Last edited:
I do however point out that while today's Opels may be Stellantis Group variants, reducing the Opel brand just to "Stellantis clones" is a little unfair. A lot of the cars currently in GT7 are pre-2017, thus there are a lot of intertesting GM-based Opels to add. I think that's what @georgetigra (which I suspect has an Opel Tigra) was trying to point out.
And all others were pointing out to him were that reducing Skodas to just VW Group clones is unfair as they also have a rich pre-VWG motorsport history.

Tracks please and thank you

I'm not sure why the news of an entire new brand (from an entire new country) coming to GT is being treated as poo-worthy, but it sure does make a lot of people look stupid, entitled gatekeepers. I'd expect that of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube comments, but GTPlanet users?

I get not liking VGT cars. Most of them suck to drive - not that you're required to, as the only VGT events are Bonus Menus and not part of game progress - and a lot are not great to look at. The fact they're running to a formula of all-wheel drive, electric. 700hp+ is almost irrelevant as that's what brands are making in the real world now too.

But this whole "VGT sucks" attitude is mad. Skoda hasn't been in GT before (except its logo, on the GT6 Goodwood Hillclimb). Clearly someone at Skoda (maybe a young designer, brought up on games; this happens a lot) has got through to marketing about the VGT project - which a lot of car designers take really rather seriously - and that's opened up channels between Skoda PR and GT Explore that didn't previously exist.

That increases the possibility of Skoda as a brand coming to GT in a much wider form (like sibling Volkswagen AG brands) and bringing us more "real" cars. No VGT project, no Skoda.

And all it takes is a VGT you're judging before you've even seen most of it, much less driven in the game, and probably won't even think about beyond April 24th. If, down the line, you're having fun in an Octavia vRS or Fabia WRC-based Gr.B, you'll literally have the VGT program to thank for it.
Skoda brand is coming but not really one of their cars. Just a fake imaginary digital make believe car. Don't get me wrong, I like the VGT cars, but they shouldn't be the only car you bring to the table. I am happy that in GT7 they are assigned a class or left as a PP option as compared to GT Sport where they were X class and you really couldn't use them except as a one make. I would like the game to focus on tracks for a while. Even not very well known tracks from around the world would be nice. PD created tracks or perhaps a simple track creator like GT5 had. Just my thoughts and opinions. Have a great day everyone.

personally i dont see that Skoda VGT as Gr.3 plus its electric only , if anything it would been Gr.1 :dopey:
It's an EV and it's got a 4WD drivetrain, neither of which you're allowed to be in Gr.3.

If Skoda do end up in Manufacturers, it'll look like Hyundai's current roster, or Jaguar's Brand Central roster. One road car, Gr.4 and Gr.3 versions of that road car, and then the VGT.

Well, I was figuring out why now. If we look at the history, they celebrated anniversaries last year.

December anniversary gives us about six months time for Škoda and PD to build the car. When adding the article from this post below:

Honestly, I really wouldn't hold my breath on the final design of the Škoda VGT. They previously said that despite the name, it had nothing to do with Gran Turismo, but it does now.

The rear does looks very similar to what was seen on the teaser video, and they did mention it was inspired by the 1100 OHC Spider, so maybe they were holding back an announcement?
…that’s six months from the official debut of GT7.

Of course we’ll find out when the concept came about and when development began.

Back