T&L racing - OPEN EVENTS

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 254 comments

Race time - wednesday race series - whats your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RACE WEDNESDAY No 14:
T&L Announces the Tesla Roadster challenge.

OPEN T&L EVENT
Time: wednesday 25.05.11 at 20:00 GMT - 5 min qualifying
RACE HOST: THEEWAR

Track: track announced on the night
Weather: announced on the night
Race admin: Warren
Duration: 23 laps ~ roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: No pits allowed

CAR SPECIFICATION
34-tesla-roadster.jpg

Tessla
Bhp limit:
Weight : kg
Tyres: Sport softs

Modification:
* OIL CHANGE, ENGINE REBUILD & BODY RIGIDITY ALOWED
* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY
committed.png

For all the energy required to propel a vehicle, not all of it makes it to the wheels. Some of it is lost to friction and heat. Vehicle inefficiency can be classified into two categories of losses: road-load and energy conversion. At Tesla, careful attention is given to both to achieve the maximum range. The Tesla Roadster leverages both an incredible electric powertrain and an engineer’s obsession with efficiency to be the most efficient production sports car on the market today.

THE COMBO
thedriver.png

TESLA MOTORS was founded in 2003 by a group of intrepid Silicon Valley engineers who set out to prove that electric vehicles could be awesome. Now T&L want to find out how awesome you drivers are, can you do 23 laps around (track announced on the night) without running out of energy, theres no pit stops and you must finish within 30sec of the lead car. Dont worry if you dont have a Tesla as T&L will be providing the cars on the night, all you have to do is show up. Sound easy,well lets wait and see.....

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Tesla challenge looks cool and actually a car I have already... I'll post after the weekend again to confirm for that one 👍 The other wed. races didnt work out for me :indiff:

RACE WEDNESDAY No 17: Copycat killer
Graffens choice.

OPEN T&L EVENT
Time: wednesday 15.06.11 at 20:00 GMT - 20 min qualifying
RACE HOST: GTP_GRAFFEN

Track: track announced on the night
Weather: announced on the night
Race admin: Bjørn
Duration: 25 laps ~ roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pit between lap 6 and 25

CAR SPECIFICATION
1968-Jaguar-Restored-E-Type-Coupe-2%2B2-Series-1.5-500x375.jpg

Jaguar E-Type COUPE '61
Bhp limit: 275
Weight : 1219kg

Modification:
* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

71Datsun_240ZG_2.jpg

240ZG '71
Bhp limit: 151
Weight : 1010kg

Modification:
* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1
THE STORY
220px-Jaguar_E-Type_S1_4.2_Roadster.jpg

The Jaguar E-Type (UK) or XK-E (US) is a British automobile manufactured by Jaguar between 1961 and 1975. Its combination of good looks, high performance, and competitive pricing established the marque as an icon of 1960s motoring. A great success for Jaguar, more than 70,000 E-Types were sold during its lifespan.
In March 2008, the Jaguar E-Type ranked first in the Daily Telegraph's list of the "100 most beautiful cars" of all time. In 2004, Sports Car International magazine placed the E-Type at number one on their list of Top Sports Cars of the 1960s.

Bob Jane won the 1963 Australian GT Championship at the wheel of an E-Type.

The Jaguar E-Type was very successful in SCCA Production sports car racing with Group44 and Bob Tullius taking the B-Production championship with a Series-3 V12 racer in 1975. A few years later, Gran-Turismo Jaguar from Cleveland Ohio campaigned a 4.2-litre 6-cylinder FHC racer in SCCA production series, and in 1980 won the National Championship in the SCCA C-Production Class, defeating a fully funded factory Nissan Z-car team with Paul Newman.

THE COMBO

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
WEDNESDAY RACE #15
GT5? GT1!
01-June-2011 - 20:00 GMT

s2wqw5.jpg

TRACK 1
The Road Course - Indianapolis

picture.php

TRACK 2
????????????

CARS

2nl8vue.jpg

Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020) '99 - 588 BHP (Power Limiter 75%) /900 Kg - 670PP
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 - 721 BHP (Power Limiter 87%) /1000 Kg - 680PP
Mercedes Benz CLK LM Race Car '98 - 796BHP (Turbo Stage 3, Power Limiter to 796BHP) /1000 Kg - 687PP
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 - 697BHP (Turbo Stage 3) /950 Kg - 672PP

***IMPORTANT***
If your Mercedes CLK LM is new (0.0 miles) then it will need turbo stage 3 to reach 796BHP. If you have a used one, turbo stage 3 will push it well above 800BHP. So if yours is used, please add Turbo stage 3 and then limit the power to 796BHP in order not to lose out on torque

RACE SPECIFICS

RACE 1: 25 Laps THE ROAD COURSE - INDIANAPOLIS - 2 mandatory pit stops (not last lap) - 10 minute qualifying

RACE 2: 25 Laps *TRACK ANNOUNCED ON THE DAY* - 2 mandatory pit stops - Reverse Grid

RACE AS A TEAM - 3 cars max per team on the track at the same time, points to be combined for overall Constructor score

1st - 15 points
2nd - 12 points
3rd - 10 points
4th - 9 points
5th - 8 points
6th - 7 points
7th - 6 points
8th - 5 points
9th - 4 points
10th - 3 points
11th - 2 points
12th - 1 point

• No Driving Aids except ABS 1
  • Track Edge set to REAL
  • Damage LIGHT
  • Tyre/Fuel wear ON

OTHER INFO:

• Oil Change ALLOWED
  • Tyres Racing HARD
  • PARC FERME CONDITIONS Between Feature and Sprint Race - No setup changes between races

ATTENTION! These cars have been tested and the above power/weight/mod specifics have been chosen to give similar on-track performance with a similar tune on each car (see below). Your car choice will depend on personal preference, your result will depend on yours and your car's tyre management and consistency. Choose wisely, bring beer and Jaffa cakes.

TESTING TIMES - INDY

Mercedes CLK LM
Lap 1 - 1'34.206
Lap 2 - 1'25.431
Lap 3 - 1'24.322
Lap 4 - 1'25.469
Lap 5 - 1'24.663
TOTAL: 7'14.091

McLaren F1 GTR
Lap 1 - 1'33.938
Lap 2 - 1'25.191
Lap 3 - 1'25.160
Lap 4 - 1'24.881
Lap 5 - 1'25.099
TOTAL: 7'14.269

Nissan R390 GT1
Lap 1 - 1'33.923
Lap 2 - 1'25.086
Lap 3 - 1'24.467
Lap 4 - 1'24.498
Lap 5 - 1'27.358 (woops!)
TOTAL: 7'15.332

Toyota GT-One
Lap 1 - 1'34.553
Lap 2 - 1'25.061
Lap 3 - 1'24.745
Lap 4 - 1'24.914
Lap 5 - 1'24.088
TOTAL: 7’13.361

PARTICIPANTS & TEAMS

TOYOTA
1. Maffski (KOR_Isobar)
3.​

iwons9.jpg

NISSAN
1. Matthew (FINGERSANDTHUMBS)
3.​

10si1s1.jpg

MERCEDES
1. Warren (theewar)
3.​

7ejl.jpg

MCLAREN
1. Maz (GTP_Synwraith)

m93zer.jpg

GOOD LUCK!

2506x04.jpg

***​

RESULTS

Race 1 (25 Laps)

Race 2 (25 Laps)

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Count me in with the f1 GTR Maz

I was thinking of going with that too mate, depends where we have gaps on the night. I want to ensure we have at least 2 cars per team. If we have unbalanced teams then I may only count the top 2 drivers from each team towards the overall scoring.

All the best
Maz

How do I get a NSX R prototype LM race car within 1 hour? ;)
I would like to run the event tonight.

How do I get a NSX R prototype LM race car within 1 hour? ;)
I would like to run the event tonight.

:crazy: Man..You will have to go trough the UCD to find one..You could try the enduro way which is to pick an enduro race and start and exit it x5 times and get the new UCD pages that way..takes 2mins per new list ..

Damn, I spun out and got disconnected from the PSN in 10 seconds. Talking about bad luck :S Sorry I couldnt bring the proper NSX. See you guys next race 👍

T+L Presents

The Wednesday Race No 13

The Mean Cuisine Race Series
Serving up GT5's Premium car selection and catering for all tastes.

BREAKFAST

Orders are now being taken for breakfast . On the menu this week we have the following ....

The Full English

Mclaren MP4-12c

images

images

Mid-engined, two-seat design with innovative, 80kg (176lb), one-piece moulded carbon-fibre “MonoCell” chassis bonded to aluminium engine support and crash structures.
Non-structural bodywork in aluminium and low-density SMC (sheet moulding compounds) panels that are 11 per cent lighter than those of any production car.
Dry weight of about 1,300kg (2,860lb), at least 75kg (165lb) lighter than nearest competitor. Weight-saving solutions include the world’s first use of a 12v lithium-ion battery, a magnesium beam dashboard support, rear-mounted radiators to minimise cooling pipework, forged aluminium and cast iron brakes lighter than carbon-ceramic options, and hexagonal aluminium wiring.
3.8-litre, twin-turbocharged V8 delivers 600bhp and 443lb ft of torque. Under 300g/km CO2; the lowest emissions per horsepower of any car in the world.
0-125mph in less than 10 seconds, top speed of more than 200mph, standing quarter mile in about 11 seconds. 125?0mph in less than 5 seconds, 62-0mph in less than 3 seconds/30m – less than seven car lengths.

Car Specs pp 570

Completely stock car set-up.
Oil change after purchase .
These are retailing for 225,000 in the car dealership if you need to acquire.
I would ask all race entrants to leave this car in showroom condition for close racing .
Sports soft tyres will be required.
Wheels and paint of course will be ok.

Or

The Continental

Ferrari 458 Italia

images

images

The V8 used in the F430 is found in the 458 Italia, too, but with mods to make it even more powerful. Lots of F1 tech made it into the new car, from the spark plugs to the mannetino switch. But most important for Ferrari followers is a return to the sexy shapes that cause lust at first sight.
The 458 Italia Engine:
The Ferrari 458 Italia uses the same engine as its predecessor, the F430, but with tweaks that increase horsepower to 503, and torque to 346 lb-ft. The engine features a CPU that monitors the currents inside the combustion chamber between the spark plug electrodes. This means, according to Ferrari, that the computer notes every single spark in every chamber, making the process faster and more accurate. In any case, the engine is mated to an F1-derived Superfast 2 automatic gearbox and the E-Diff electronic differential. It all adds up to 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds or less and a top speed of 198 mph.
The 458 Italia Design:
Ferrari returns to its sexy roots with the flowing design of the Ferrari 458 Italia. After the less-than-lovable F430 and the blocky-for-Ferrari 612 Scuderia, fans and media alike have appreciated the curves on the Italia, which serve an aerodynamic function. It uses what the folks at Maranello call the Base Bleed effect, which was developed on the FXX, to increase downforce while not increasing drag. The car weighs less than 3000 pounds, thanks to carbon fiber bits, and has carbon ceramic brakes for maximum stopping power. The company has confirmed a topless Spider edition will be available within a few years.
The Bespoke Interior:
The carbon fiber seats in the 458 Italia come in several sizes for the best fit -- no more one-size-fits all for Ferrari customers. Of course, once the seat of your choice is installed, it's adjustable for a precise fit inside the cockpit. The steering wheel, like its predecessor and its cousins on the track, features the manettino switch for a custom traction control and suspension profile for varying driving surfaces. Ferrari offers personalization of all its cars, including a carbon fiber kit to up the go-fast appearance of the 458 Italia -- in case you think that's necessary.
Ferrari 458 Italia Facts:
Engine: 4.3-liter V8
Horsepower: 503 hp
Torque: 347 lb-ft
0-60 mph: under 3.6 seconds
Top speed: 198 mph
Fuel economy: 15 mpg combined

Car specs pp 560

Completely stock car set-up.
Oil change after purchase .
These are retailing for 283,000 in the car dealership if you need to acquire.
I would ask all race entrants to leave this car in showroom condition for close racing .
Sports soft tyres will be required.
Wheels and paint of course will be ok.

The Tracks

1) Rome

images

15 Laps
Pit lane will be open

2) Fuji GT

images

12 Laps
Pit lane will be open

3) Nordschleife

images

3 Laps
Pit lane will be closed

Bon Apertite

At The Table

1) Fingersandthumbs (Full English)
2) Theewar (Full English)
3) Marchbrown (Continental)
4) Maz (Continental)
5) Blitz (Continental)
6) Deano (Full English)
7) uk86ze (Full English)
8) Drivatar (Continental)
9) WayneGTC (Continental)

Race Results

Rome

1) GTP_JVM (Mclaren) Fastest Lap 1.10.391
2) Theewar (Mclaren)
3) Marchbrown (458)
4) GTrs Wayne (458)
5) D34NO 33 (Mclaren)
6) Fingers (Mclaren)
7) GTP Addictions (Mclaren)
8) Blitz 187 (458)
9) GTP uk86ze (458)
10) Drivatar (458)

Fuji

1) GTP_JVM (Mclaren)
2) GTP Synwraith (458)
3) Theewar (Mclaren)
4) D34NO 33 (Mclaren)
5) Marchbrown (458) Fastest Lap 1.38.973
6) Fingers (Mclaren)
7) Drivatar (458)
8) GTP Addictions (Mclaren)
9) Blitz 187 (458)
10) GTrs Wayne (458)
11) GTP uk86ze (458) DNF

Nordschleife

1) GTP Synwraith (458) Fastest Lap 7.06.694
2) GTP_JVM (Mclaren)
3) Theewar (Mclaren)
4) Marchbrown (458)
5) D34NO 33 (Mclaren)
6) GTrs Wayne (458)
7) Fingers (Mclaren)
8) Drivatar (458)
9) GTP Stealthwinnr (458)
10) GTP Addictions (Mclaren)

Last edited:
Is this race tomorrow or next week? Either way please sign me up for some continental flavor :)

Hmm not sure what to have ,I like fill english but also like continental. There's only one way to find out ,FIGHT. I'm in mate let you know later.

Might be in with a continental one :sly:

PS : Experiencing a lot of problem since this week end connecting to PSN ??? Hope I can be able to join tonight as it was quasi impossible all day

Last edited:
Fun races yesterday guys! Sorry I had to jet before the last one... Still had some stuff I needed to prepare for a project at work and it was getting a bit late. That 458 was a handful at times.. :lol:

Absolutely brilliant event last night Mattfingers, had a complete blast every single lap. Excellent turnout as well, one of the best T&L nights so far this season :cheers:

You can't touch this...

:D

All the best
Maz

Final T&L points the The Mean Cuisine Race Series
Stage 1: Breakfast

1) GTP_JVM (Mclaren) 8 T&Ls
2) Theewar (Mclaren) 7 T&Ls
3) Marchbrown (458) 6 T&Ls
GTP Synwraith (458) 6 T&ls
4) D34NO 33 (Mclaren) 5 T&Ls
5) GTrs Wayne (458) 4 T&Ls
6) Fingers (Mclaren) 3 T&Ls
7) Drivatar (458) 2 T&Ls
GTP Addictions (Mclaren) 2 T&Ls
9) Blitz 187 (458) 1 T&Ls
GTP uk86ze (458) 1 T&Ls
10) Stealthwinner (458) 1 T&Ls

Don't you mean use your skill? :P If you were a female I'd use my charm... :lol:

Well - Like our friend Graffen always put it: Its only a game my friend.

Exactly! I wish everyone thought like this 👍 I will surely be joining you guys more often. Last event was great fun!

Back