Tecnical Difficulties

• Thread starter Corey
  • 14 comments

Corey

"The (Administrator) Man"
Staff Emeritus
Some of you may have been aware of some technical difficulties in the past couple of hours. I am just posting to tell you that we have fixed that, and that we are sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll remember you in my will
You're already in mine!  :smilewinkgrin:  Thank you so much, Corey, I don't think I could have fixed the problem myself.  I logged on last night (I'm finally in an area with a local access number for my ISP!) and I couldn't believe my bad luck!  Not only were the forums broken, but my laptop's battery ran down before I could send you an email!  :reallymad:

Well, what exactly caused the problem, anyway?  It couldn't have been the paths in post.cgi, because it's worked great since now.  :conf:

@Jordan: It had something to do with the 'Last Post' feature. For some reason I think something wasn't permissioned correctly. Might have been the server, but I don't know (you weren't playing were you ;) ). However, since we weren't even using that feature, I just took it out of the source.

you weren't playing were you
:lol:  No, I wasn't playing, but I nearly passed out when I found out that something had gone wrong!  Does anyone know how long it had been messed up?  My host might have re-started the server or something (they've had to do that before because of GTPlanet :)).

When it had happened the latest post i could find was just after midnight on the 16th.I hadn`t been here till the evening of the 16th though.
Guess it don`t really matter now that it`s fixed.

Hi, Jordan I posted a message about 6am UK time on the 16th, then about 3 hours later I kept getting that message, when I tried to post.

I see, I'm just glad it's been fixed now, too. I sure did get a lot of email! :)

Back