The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They may have Republicans believing this is all fake news but it looks like they only represent around a third of the electorate if I'm reading that article correctly. I can't see how they'll get independents on their side but perhaps I'm missing something. No wonder they're hellbent on cheating.
Republicans can insist all they want that these indictments help shore up support within their own party. But as I said before, that party is becoming a neutron star of dumbassery - the more dumbass it gets, the less reasonable people want to be a part of it, and the more dumbass it gets until it becomes singularity of dumbassness...which is MTG.

Even then, 48% of all the people surveyed either think Trump's innocent or that they don't know enough about the case. However it breaks down though, there's still a staggering number of people who have bought into Trump's BS even if they aren't a declared Republican, which is why I still think the trials won't hurt Trump's chances at winning the nomination.
I was thinking more about how much or little of America is represented by the Republican party and how many of those "don't knows" would be swayed into voting for him if he wins the nomination. I'm sure Democrats and (reputable) news organisations won't let anyone forget what he did unless he's acquitted of all charges. Perhaps once the election campaign proper starts more of the neutral voters will end up coming around.
AP
The survey suggests that the unprecedented indictments of a former president have done little to shake up a fundamental divide in the electorate: The majority of Americans disapprove of Trump, but he remains popular within the GOP.

Last edited:
Even then, 48% of all the people surveyed either think Trump's innocent or that they don't know enough about the case. However it breaks down though, there's still a staggering number of people who have bought into Trump's BS even if they aren't a declared Republican, which is why I still think the trials won't hurt Trump's chances at winning the nomination.
I take it you're looking at the US adult results for the Georgia tampering and adding up everyone who didn't say "illegal". I'm not sure "don't know" or "unethical but not illegal" is necessarily buying into Trump's line of thinking. For example, I wonder how Murkowski would respond on this poll.

She says trump should "have his day in court". Meaning I doubt she'd answer "illegal". I think a lot of people might hold back on saying "illegal" until they see how the case goes. That doesn't mean they're going to vote for him.

I'd have to expect Biden to get basically all of the "it was illegal" votes, about half of the "it was unethical" votes, and, I dunno, half of the "don't know" votes. That's 67%.

Put another way, if Trump got none of the "it was illegal" republican votes, got half of the "it was unethical" republican votes, and 100% of the remaining, that puts him at 73% of the republican vote. That's not good. To win the presidency he'd be hoping to get more than the republican vote. It's worth noting that he'd have a real shot at the 2% of democrat voters that said "nothing wrong".

Last edited:
Was popehat holding out that it wasn't RICO or something?
I think he's parodying someone else's position (CNN's?) but without context I'm as baffled as you are.

Republicans: "Law and order."

Also Republicans: "ReEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe!!!"

Also Republicans:

starnes.jpg

Also Republicans:

starnes.jpg
I thought it was the Gazpacho?

Also, I don't think you want to not comply. Trump, if he can somehow avoid going to Georgia, would probably be disqualified from the ballot in the state (I cannot confirm that this can be done, but it doesn't seem like a stretch) and then he will have a harder time winning in 2024. At least he wouldn't end up having to look for more votes there!

Also Republicans:

starnes.jpg
Providing safe harbor? You mean, like a sanctuary city? Let's get the Don's take on those when they don't cooperate with law enforcement:

"I don’t think you should have sanctuary cities if they get that kind of aid. If you’re going to get aid to the cities and states for the kind of numbers you’re talking about, billions of dollars, I don’t think you should have sanctuary cities,"

I was thinking more about how much or little of America is represented by the Republican party and how many of those "don't knows" would be swayed into voting for him if he wins the nomination. I'm sure Democrats and (reputable) news organisations won't let anyone forget what he did unless he's acquitted of all charges. Perhaps once the election campaign proper starts more of the neutral voters will end up coming around.
This poll was published by AP earlier the same day as the previous survey:
Associated Press
But in a crucial warning sign for the former president and his supporters, Trump faces glaring vulnerabilities heading into a general election, with many Americans strongly dug in against him. While most Republicans — 74% — say they would support him in November 2024, 53% of Americans say they would definitely not support him if he is the nominee. Another 11% say they would probably not support him in November 2024.
Hopefully the survey later that day doesn't contradict this as far as neutral support is concerned.

Last edited:
Aka nothing has changed for the better for Trump since 2020 and the economy argument against Biden won't outweigh the everything else.
I think the economic argument might outweigh Trump being a criminal for more people than we think. Take the average person who doesn't know much about politics and one who thinks the president controls the economy and gas prices (which is an alarmingly high number of people). They're going to see that everything was cheaper and life was easier with Trump as president than Biden. They're going to want to go back to that and if that means electing a criminal (after all politicians are crooks they'll say) then that's what they'll do. Trump and the Republican's best approach will be to paint Biden as a criminal too, which he may or may not be since there isn't really any concrete evidence. If they can establish that Biden is a criminal and spin it, then people will see it being a choice between criminals and it'll cancel out.

There is absolutely no way Trump stood on any scales. 6'3" and 215lb?!

I'm 215lb, and 4 inches shorter, and while I am... let's say obviously not athletic I in no way look as grossly overweight as that fat sack of crap. He's 6'1" at best and an easy 280.

There is absolutely no way Trump stood on any scales. 6'3" and 215lb?!

I'm 215lb, and 4 inches shorter, and while I am... let's say obviously not athletic I in no way look as grossly overweight as that fat sack of crap. He's 6'1" at best and an easy 280.
A credit to all the dancing.

funny-trump-dancing-sway-0ctj4cnz8ei4ucu4.gif

Which looks like...how to put this...like he's being friendly to two guys at once.

Did they do dinky prints of his hands? I'd love to see him claim his hands are the same size as Vladimir Klitschko's.

This poll was published by AP earlier the same day as the previous survey:
Hopefully the survey later that day doesn't contradict this as far as neutral support is concerned.

53% is nowhere near a figure I'd feel comfortable with. Not when knowing that in the US the victor is not necessarily determined by the popular vote.

53% is nowhere near a figure I'd feel comfortable with. Not when knowing that in the US the victor is not necessarily determined by the popular vote.
It's probably more like 64% according to that article unless he can win that 11% round.

Back