The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Per a new poll, people find Biden too old and Trump too childish. And that sums up American politics perfectly.

I'd add that Trump is too old as well. The average age in America is 38 and we need someone much closer to that age. There's no way a 77 year old is going to understand what a 38 year is going through currently. Sure, they were once 38, but a 38 year old is half the age of someone who's 76. There's a pretty big generation gap spanning 38 years.

Per a new poll, people find Biden too old and Trump too childish. And that sums up American politics perfectly.

I'd add that Trump is too old as well. The average age in America is 38 and we need someone much closer to that age. There's no way a 77 year old is going to understand what a 38 year is going through currently. Sure, they were once 38, but a 38 year old is half the age of someone who's 76. There's a pretty big generation gap spanning 38 years.
RBG was 87 when she died. I'm in agreement with you that both Biden and Trump are quite old. The job of President of the US is not exactly like the job of being Queen of England. It does seem that a younger candidate than either of them could be a better candidate.

But if we're going to be complaining about age and competency, the supreme court seems also like a great target - where we expect justices to literally die of old age in office.

Last edited:
RBG was 87 when she died. I'm in agreement with you that both Biden and Trump are quite old. The job of President of the US is not exactly like the job of being Queen of England. It does seem that a younger candidate than either of them could be a better candidate.

But if we're going to be complaining about age and competency, the supreme court seems also like a great target - where we expect justices to literally die of old age in office.

Soon we're just going to have a debate stage with a 127-year-old brain in a jar on one side tapping out synaptic answers in Morse Code, and a semi-sentient box replaying AI-inspired comments from the other.

There will be a few awkward moments; when one of the artificially-generated comments belts out a recipe for chicken marsala during a debate about infrastructure, the moderator had to mute the microphone and shield the camera in the augmented reality cyclotron. But when the gray matter accidentally zapped out the 1987 Wimbledon seeding in response to whether the economy should stick with quantitativexillogoical easing, the discussion quickly changed gears to our diplomacy with Micronesia. Thankfully, the debate was right back on track when they agreed on the NAFTAEU beekeeping labor trade gap.

Both will make sure to play a little patriotic music and change colors on stage every so often, to make sure that We The People keep democracy alive. Things may get funky along the way.

Last edited:
Do any of the old bastards in Congress have a justification why there are minimum age requirements but not a maximum one?
Something something statesmanship long pause.

C'mon, it's not like turkeys are gonna vote for Christmas Thanksgiving dinner.

Last edited:
Do any of the old bastards in Congress have a justification why there are minimum age requirements but not a maximum one?
Because they need the ability to always yell at kids to get off their lawn.

I'm fine with the lack of an upper age limit. Age isn't the issue, even if it is correlated with the actual issue. Of course consistency with that would mean removing the minimum age limit, which I support for the same reasoning.

Zachary Rehl gets 15 years and Proud Boys leader Joe Biggs gets 17 years.
Article updated to include today's sentencing of former Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean to 18 years in prison, a tie for longest sentence for a conviction on charges relating to the January 6th siege with Oath Keepers leader who shot his own eye out, Stewart Rhodes.

It looks like I also misread it previously and apparently Rehl was a leader rather than Biggs.

Last edited:

I'm fine with the lack of an upper age limit. Age isn't the issue, even if it is correlated with the actual issue. Of course consistency with that would mean removing the minimum age limit, which I support for the same reasoning.
A term limit would do fine though for the Supreme Court, for sure…

An emotional Pezzola expressed some remorse for his actions during his sentencing hearing. His wife, daughter and mother all addressed the judge, with his mother describing him as having been a "wonderful child" that "never gave me any trouble".

Pezzola's wife said that her daughters have become victims of harassment and bullying at school.

But once the prison term had been handed down and the judge had left the room, Pezzola raised a fist and shouted: "Trump won!"

cat GIF by Helium 10 Software

"The party of personal responsibility."
Nejourde Meacham committed suicide two weeks after being charged with four misdemeanors for involvement in the January 6th Capitol siege. The charges ("Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority"; "Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds"; "Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building"; "Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building") are those laid out for most J6 defendants and are typically plead out with probation and no custodial sentence. Occasionally, defendants charged similarly are incarcerated with a median term of 60 days.

"The party of personal responsibility."
Nejourde Meacham committed suicide two weeks after being charged with four misdemeanors for involvement in the January 6th Capitol siege. The charges ("Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority"; "Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds"; "Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building"; "Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building") are those laid out for most J6 defendants and are typically plead out with probation and no custodial sentence. Occasionally, defendants charged similarly are incarcerated with a median term of 60 days.
I forgot all about Biden and his cronies driving this individual to Washington DC for January 6th and then threatening said individual to go attack the Capitol or else.

Good to see but he'll be out as soon as a Republican takes the White House.
You make a very good point. It probably depends on which Republican, but I'm assuming most would.

Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.
22 years for former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio.

"Tarrio’s younger sister, fiancé and mother tearfully urged the judge to show mercy before the sentence was imposed. "

For a second there I thought his sister and fiance were one and the same, then I got to the third word.

I'm sure Totalitarian Tim is in the process of sending tots and pears.

You make a very good point. It probably depends on which Republican, but I'm assuming most would.
I just said elsewhere that there's likely to be an astroturfed campaign by the less hinged conservative outlets/orgs like Breitbart, Gateway Pundit and Heritage to get J6 "political prisoners" pardoned at some point in the near future if there isn't one already, so it's probably not a matter of who but when.

Edit: Worth noting that the connie bitch on wheels Abbott hasn't yet pardoned child sexual predator Daniel Perry who was convicted in Austin for murdering a protester that was carrying a firearm in low ready, consistent with their constitutional and statutory rights.

Last edited:
Following a previous bad day in court, the bitch attempted to steal a sign from a protester at a "press conference."

2023-08-30T172011Z_2083770103_RC2GY2AFBSSC_RTRMADP_3_USA-CAPITOL-SECURITY-NAVARRO_zl9mj8

Trumpism, man.

22 years still seems pretty lenient for trying to overthrow the US government, especially since we used to hang traitors.
Worthless conservatives (the Department of Redundancy Department approves) are crying that the terrorists are being treated unfairly, but it should be noted that this is eleven years short of what the government was seeking, which I gather was itself short of the maximum sentence for crimes of which the defendant was convicted. I also gather the sentence that was handed down is short of the prescribed minimum for said convicted crimes, per sentencing guidelines. Those guidelines aren't to be confused with the conservative "law and order" set's mandatory minimum hobby horse, of course, rather they are purely advisory. I'm given to understand that the DOJ hasn't even once sought the maximum sentence in a J6 case.

Ah, Gym Jordan, you cease to amaze.

Jim Jordan Can Start *, But DA Willis Is Gonna Finish It.

“There is absolutely no support for Congress purporting to second guess or somehow supervise an ongoing Georgia criminal investigation and prosecution,” she goes on, accusing him of violating basic principles of federalism. “That violation of Georgia’s sovereignty is offensive and will not stand.”

And that was the cordial introduction!

Willis impugned the congressman’s motives:

Your public statements and your letter itself make clear that you lack any legitimate legislative purpose for that inquiry: your job description as a legislator does not include criminal law enforcement, nor does it include supervising a specific criminal trial because you believe that doing so will promote your partisan political objectives.
Talked to him as if he were a particularly obnoxious middle school student:

Chairman Jordan, I tell people often “deal with reality or reality will deal with you.” It is time that you deal with some basic realities. A Special Purpose Grand Jury made up of everyday citizens investigated for 10 months and made recommendations to me. A further reality is that a grand jury of completely different Fulton County citizens found probable cause against the defendants named in the indictment for RICO violations and various other felonies. Face this reality, Chairman Jordan: the select group of defendants who you fret over in my jurisdiction are like every other defendant, entitled to no worse or better treatment than any other American citizen.
And she tweaked him for being a law school graduate who never bothered to sit for the bar exam and apparently forgot anything he ever learned at Capital University Law School:

For a more thorough understanding of Georgia’s RICO statute, its application and similar laws in other states, I encourage you to read “RICO State-by-State.” As a non-member of the bar, you can purchase a copy for two hundred forty-nine dollars [$249].

You're going to love this letter.

meadows.jpg
meadows2.jpg

Relatedly, L. Brent Bozell IV, of a long line of right trash including conservative activist L. Brent Bozell III who founded Media Research Group, was convicted today on ten charges related to participation in the January 6th attack on the Capitol, five of which were felonies. Sentencing scheduled for early next year.

Last edited:
Surely they've got to be adding obstruction charges to all of these defendants because that's all they've done and they've done it blatantly.

What are the implications when one of multiple defendants pleads guilty? Obviously the cases need to be decided individually but surely that won't help convince a jury that the others aren't also guilty.

Back